TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

• 4 months later...
A man has been seriously injured in a stabbing at Thorpe Park following an altercation between two groups.

The man in his 20s was slashed in his stomach on a footbridge near the exit of the resort in Surrey shortly before 17:00 BST.

The theme park said on-site medical staff were at the scene "within minutes".

Surrey Police said two men in their 20s had been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

Visitors were locked down inside the park while police attended, with pictures on social media showing crowds building up as the bridge was cordoned off.

Police said two groups of people were involved in an altercation on the bridge close to the park's exit.

One man was treated for a slash wound to his stomach and is in hospital in a serious condition, the force added.

'Excellent track record'

Det Insp Andy Greaves appealed for witnesses and said officers were tracing "all those believed to have been involved".

"I'm keen to hear from anyone who saw what happened or who has video footage of this assault," he said.

"The two groups of people were close to the exit inside the park on the bridge when the assault took place."

South East Coast Ambulance Service said it was called to the park at about 16:50 following reports of a person with an abdominal injury.

Paramedics treated one person who was taken to a London hospital.

Thorpe Park said its on-site medical staff provided emergency first aid and said it was helping police with inquiries.

"The health, safety and security of our guests is our primary objective. We have an excellent security track record and have never had any incidents of this kind in over 40 years," a spokesman said.

Thorpe Park reopened on 4 July after being shut due to the coronavirus pandemic.

SOurce

Scum. What normal person goes to a theme park with a knife? I literally hate the kind of people this park attracts now. The single bridge in/out of the park clearly caused bit of a problem here in that there was a crowd of people who couldn't leave the park, but also maybe meant it was easier to track down the people responsible.

^I actually read on some other news sites that Thorpe went and reopened rides to try and accommodate guests that were not allowed to leave due to the police activity.

And yeah, this is dumb. Although I'm kind of shocked that Thorpe didn't have metal detectors?

Yeah, although parks here don't generally use metal detectors at the entrance, Thorpe Park has really needed them for a while now. I've not visited for a few years so maybe it's changed, but on my last visit you were just randomly selected to be screened, it was never mandatory to go through them.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Anything said:

For anyone not aware, details of proposed new rollercoaster coming this Friday (with possible pre-leaks from a local event on Thursday): https://www.thorpepark-consultation.com/

what's been speculated?

7 hours ago, Anything said:

For anyone not aware, details of proposed new rollercoaster coming this Friday (with possible pre-leaks from a local event on Thursday): https://www.thorpepark-consultation.com/

So...the only question at this point is, what's the "world's first" gonna be?

I heard that Logger's Leap has finally started to actually be removed, so it can be kinda assumed that it might be going in that area? (RIP old school Thorpe Park, I never knew you but you sure looked fun!)

5 hours ago, tndank said:

246 foot hyper coaster incoming for the 23/24 season. Word is the model has inversions, too. 

At first I was expecting a flash clone. But 246 feet is clearly not a clone lol. I am surprised they didn't go 10 feet taller to overtake Hyperion as Europe's tallest hyper 

Everyone says that the height combined with the rumor of inversions screams “Mack” to them, but it could also be an S&S like Steel Curtain.

(I don’t really think it will he but I’m throwing that horrible thought into the universe just to be an asshole).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like parks make much better roller-coasters when they just try for something fun over being 'world-first' or 'continent/country-tallest/fastest/steepest' etc. Rides like Maverick and Velocicoaster come to mind. Because those early rendering look like this roller-coaster could be a lot of fun.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Garet said:

I feel like parks make much better roller-coasters when they just try for something fun over being 'world-first' or 'continent/country-tallest/fastest/steepest' etc. Rides like Maverick and Velocicoaster come to mind. Because those early rendering look like this roller-coaster could be a lot of fun.

They are just going for tallest in the UK which I can totally look over if there is a fun layout after the big drop. 

Hmmmm. From the art concept, it has a "usual" lift hill in the framework.

Quite the "Loop-de-Loop" I see. Tall and impressive.

Hope the design works out, and the coaster is epic.

EDIT: Just saw that "tilt" towards the queue from the station exit. Brilliant!

Thorpe Park has announced their newest experience, Ghost Train which will open in the Spring of 2023. This experience replaces the former Derren Brown's Ghost Train attraction which operated for 7 years.

ride-page-1xt.thumb.jpg.cb015508eb3a80a0e37212c543826502.jpg

https://www.thorpepark.com/explore/theme-park/rides/ghost-train-ride/ 

Say your final farewell...

Depart the mortal world on a one-way ticket beyond the veil into darkness on THORPE PARK Resort’s newest ride experience – Ghost Train. But watch your tracks, death is always one stop ahead.

This next generation of Ghost Train will take you on a harrowing ride into the realms beneath THORPE PARK Resort to where the supernatural believers call home. Ghost Train is one of the UK’s longest ride experiences featuring live actors and multisensory effects to create a terrifying attraction like no other! 

There’s nothing virtual about this petrifying experience, so prepare to meet your maker as you come face-to-face with horrors that dwell within.

Opens Spring 2023

Ride FAQs

When does Ghost Train open?

Ghost Train is set to arrive at Thorpe Junction during Spring 2023, we'll confirm an opening date as soon as we know more.

Do you need a timed ticket? What time does the ride open?

We will confirm this via our app and website ahead of the ride opening.

Has this replaced Derren Brown's Ghost Train?

Yes, Ghost Train has replaced Derren Brown's Ghost Train.

Does the ride feature VR?

No, there's nothing virtual about this petrifying experience!

Has the ride experience changed much?

Yes, Ghost Train features an entirely new storyline and special effects.

Does the ride feature live actors?

Yes, live actors are featured throughout the experience.

Is Derren Brown involved in the project?

No, after seven years Derren Brown's Ghost Train has reached the end of the line and has now departed the island.

What is the minimum height/age restriction?

We will confirm this via our app and website ahead of the ride opening.

Is this wheelchair accessible?

Wheelchairs may be taken into the ride; however, the user must be able to transfer onto a ride seat and be able to walk unaided. We are constantly looking at ways to make our rides more accessible and we will update via our website and app should any changes occur in the future. 

For a video teaser visit: https://www.facebook.com/thorpepark/videos/947649396226321 

• Like 1