TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

I reckon the limitations of Thorpe Parks new coaster is land rather than height. Think DBGT. They cannot keep creating new land onto the lake, as when they do, they have to remove land from another part of the lake to keep the water table the same. This is both costly and is hard to find where to take the lad from. You may look at Google maps and see that the former location of Thorpe farm has now gone. That was the lifeline for the Swarm island, and I expect if TP still owns some land that has not been removed, it will do for the next coaster. However, I am not sure there is enough, so the next investment will either be on the plot of an existing ride or rides (I am cautious of Colossus and Slammers life, as well as Loggers Leap) or be very small in footprint. A polar coaster is not actually a bad shout, and if the park wanted a unique ride which they could market the hell out of, it would be one of those. Alternatively, a whole regeneration of the area around Loggers leap, Slammer and Colossus could happen, in which case a new family ride might be added and a large coaster where dreams of launched flyers and RMC masterpieces could come true.

But this is merlin, most likely their next ride will be an OK wooden family coaster if SW8 goes well or an OK B and M.

Yeh the next coaster will probably replace Logger's Leap. They said it was closing for refurbishment, but i've got a feeling it won't re-open. I know there were plans for a GCI Woodie, but that was planned to go where Saw is now. Maybe they do have a 2 ride deal with GCI.

Logger's Leap Already it reopened this summer. so I doubt That Merlin spends too much money in a park What do not produce for years.

Perhaps there will come a little CGI as to alton. coaster for little money just to have something called "coaster"

• 1 month later...
OFF TOPIC BUT also On Topic

Since "I'm a Celebrity" ends with a slide, Is there a way for people to finish the attraction without going on the slide?

Yeah theres also a door I believe although I don't think I'm a Celebrity is wheelchair friendly anyway

Since "I'm a Celebrity" ends with a slide, Is there a way for people to finish the attraction without going on the slide?

Yeah theres also a door I believe although I don't think I'm a Celebrity is wheelchair friendly anyway

I'm going with someone who can walk but has bad knees and a bad back.

I think it would be possible to go through it however there is always an hour queue even on weekdays as it has like 10 people go through every 5 minutes. I would only bother if they get an access pass due to the bad knees/back. You aren't missing out on much honestly.

I think it would be possible to go through it however there is always an hour queue even on weekdays as it has like 10 people go through every 5 minutes. I would only bother if they get an access pass due to the bad knees/back. You aren't missing out on much honestly.

No way am I missing out on Bras and Underwear with letters, Getting Sawdust poured on me, and it being "So bad it's good."

Thorpe Park have announced that I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Maze will be closed on the following dates during the 2017 season: Friday 31st March – Monday 1st May, Saturday 27th May – Sunday 4th June, and Friday 30th June – Monday 4th September. So if you do really want to go on it then hopefully you weren't planning to go any of those dates. It really isn't much of a loss if you don't get to do it, it is as bad as people say it is.

Kind of a weird question, but I'm looking at visiting Thorpe for the first time and was wondering how large their fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are. I'd be coming right from the airport so I'd have a rather large backpack with me.

Every big ride has a bag storage, Swarm Stealth and Saw have got free like wristband bag store but Nemesis Inferno and Colossus have station racks. X has also got a bag store. Everything else you can just leave your bags in the station. If you want to leave it for the full day though there are some pretty big lockers under the dome entrance area but if it won't fit Guest Services near depth charge will probably just store it for you.

Thorpe Park have announced that I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Maze will be closed on the following dates during the 2017 season: Friday 31st March – Monday 1st May, Saturday 27th May – Sunday 4th June, and Friday 30th June – Monday 4th September. So if you do really want to go on it then hopefully you weren't planning to go any of those dates. It really isn't much of a loss if you don't get to do it, it is as bad as people say it is.

Really strange how it is closed on both major holidays, hope it doesn't turn into the next Nemesis Sub Terra.

Kind of a weird question, but I'm looking at visiting Thorpe for the first time and was wondering how large their fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are. I'd be coming right from the airport so I'd have a rather large backpack with me.

Every big ride has a bag storage, Swarm Stealth and Saw have got free like wristband bag store but Nemesis Inferno and Colossus have station racks. X has also got a bag store. Everything else you can just leave your bags in the station. If you want to leave it for the full day though there are some pretty big fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo under the dome entrance area but if it won't fit Guest Services near depth charge will probably just store it for you.

Thanks! I'm probably just going to get one of the larger lockers just to avoid hauling my bags around during the day. I'm looking forward to trying out the park. They don't seem to have a true world class coaster like most major parks, but it seems like they have 5 solid B+ coasters atop their lineup.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been told by multiple different people that DBGT: Rise of the Demon has been doing soft openings towards the end of the day from Saturday till Monday, and this probably kept going. Apparently it is a HUGE improvement so I am very exciting to ride in the next few weeks!

^ I went yesterday and there looked from the outside to be a lot of work still going on. Guests going in had to where hard hats.

P3284986.thumb.JPG.79242453b55e378290ec272ef95dfd09.JPG

Closed, and still work ongoing. I feel soft opening will start about one day before opening if it happens.

• 1 month later...

Question. Why do people throw up all the time on Saw? I have not heard as much from other Eurofighters, but there are lots of videos of people puking on the ride and I have heard from many people the ride closed due to vomiting. Is it due to the themeing, or how rough the ride is, or is the layout generally more disorientating and nauseating than most rides? I was once about to board the ride last year, and was faced with a large puddle in front of me.This ride seems to cause more problems than the old X!

Question. Why do people throw up all the time on Saw? I have not heard as much from other Eurofighters, but there are lots of videos of people puking on the ride and I have heard from many people the ride closed due to vomiting. Is it due to the themeing, or how rough the ride is, or is the layout generally more disorientating and nauseating than most rides? I was once about to board the ride last year, and was faced with a large puddle in front of me.This ride seems to cause more problems than the old X!

I'd guess it's more to do with how rough it is, I've not ridden it for a few years now, but up to that point it had gotten rougher and rougher every year, to the point that I'd happily not ride it anymore, and I'll ride most things. I also imagine the last Immelmann may have something to do with it, as it's so small it does result in some fairly intense movement and forces, which some people may not respond well to.

^ Colossus is fine if you ride in one of the lower seats, that is odd numbered rows. That is one of the things I insist. When the ride-ops gesture to an empty even numbered row, I say no to it, and I don't think I am the only one to find this out, as the even rows often have one train less of a queue. I urge you to ride odd numbered rows, otherwise this really good coaster turns into a death trap.

In other news, Slammer is dead. To pay tribute, I Photoshoped an old picture I took last year, to try and show it in its glory. Such a shame, I am devastated. Heard about it from Thorpe Park Mania, read up about it on their page if you want.

333362719_P7101738(2).thumb.JPG.1c05ddccb56d6e54ad1365d33365b97b.JPG

RIP, great ride, great memories.

The last Sky Swat is now in the history books.