TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

• 4 weeks later...
If this ends up being a Vekoma Madhouse with very elaborate theming I'm gonna self harm!

Im pretty sure its going to be an immersive tunnel ride like King Kong. To be honest I would have no issue with a Vekoma Madhouse with insane theming even though 13 minutes would be serious excessive for it.

I like the Mad House rides, too. Wish we had more in the U.S.

I agree! They are a lot of fun.

Why is Thorpe Park not open for half term, does anyone know?

It's the same across Merlin's UK Resorts, with none of the theme parks open unlike in previous years. I think most would agree that it is no doubt a cost saving measure as part of their recovery strategy from the impact of The Smiler incident last year.

Although I am sick of ramshackle/abandoned buildings at Thorpe Park (Amity, Swarm, Saw etc) this does look quite classy as ramshackle/abandoned buildings go.

I think they probably go for the ramshackled/abandoned theme to save money on upkeep. As it's theme is already an old abandoned building they won't need to do any maintenance work on the outside of the building. The older it gets the more ramshackled it will become, and that will just add to the theme.

The outside of the building looks nice...

[attachment=0]12568951_1515100742127016_875507522_n.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]12628045_972306716150711_617097297_n.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=2]12628094_1788231551404989_589148052_n.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=4]CbBd1NwXEAA3T_s.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=3]12747561_446263435568194_1136532172_n.jpg[/attachment]

photos: Thorpe Park

How did you get those pictures?

Although I am sick of ramshackle/abandoned buildings at Thorpe Park (Amity, Swarm, Saw etc) this does look quite classy as ramshackle/abandoned buildings go.

It takes a lot of theming to make a building look so "ramshackle."

It takes a lot of theming to make a building look so "ramshackle."

I thought it just took being at Thorpe Park to achieve that

• 3 weeks later...

I think this attraction is going to be like this.

You enter in the queue. You enter the warehouse. You See the suspended train. You enter into the train. You continue inside to the end of the train. Now you think you are inside the train but you really are in the white tunnel we See in the construction. Simulator. End of the ride. Exit

I'm pretty sure its going to be an immersive tunnel ride like King Kong.

Still going with this Craig's guess on this one. Especially with the number of riders per vehicle (60) which is the exact same number as the two most recent immersion tunnel installations in Europe.

^Well we know there's a suspended train, so that could be it. But i imagine that it'll be more than just an immersive tunnel with the amount they're paying for it

Yes you do board the suspended train, this was confirmed at Merlin's prelims and strategies presentation. They also added a little information about what you see when you get in there, which I won't post here as is quite spoilery.

The presentation also had some images from inside the building, which you can see hanging train and where you board it (and/or exit), also images of some of the VR content. Again I won't post those here as they have been taken down when posted on fan sites at the request of Merlin.

However, if anyone would like to see the images and webcast of the presentation it is available on Merlin Entertainment's website.

Hey everyone! I'm looking into a trip to London/UK in the fall, specifically the last week of October and into the first week of November. Looks like I have a change to visit this park. It seems pretty accessible by the train! I believe the Fright Nights would be going on at this time.

Is Thorpe Park slammed during Fright Nights like most other parks are? Is there a front of the line pass to ride the main attractions quickly? Is their "Fright Night" worth staying around for at night or should I just get a couple rides in on each and head out?

Appreciate it! My specific days of being in London would probably be October 27-Nov1.

I'm pretty sure its going to be an immersive tunnel ride like King Kong.

Still going with this Craig's guess on this one. Especially with the number of riders per vehicle (60) which is the exact same number as the two most recent immersion tunnel installations in Europe.

^Well we know there's a suspended train, so that could be it. But i imagine that it'll be more than just an immersive tunnel with the amount they're paying for it

Perhaps the immersion tunnel is the main portion of the attraction but there's more than one part? Isn't Legoland's Ghost attraction a combination of different experiences? I've not been but I seem to remember it being advertised as a mirror maze, haunt, and indoor drop ride all-in-one. This could easily be the same idea which would explain the huge budget.

Edit - I'm NOT saying it'll be a mirror maze,haunt, and drop ride. Just a combination of different things, the immersion tunnel most likely being the centerpiece.

Hey everyone! I'm looking into a trip to London/UK in the fall, specifically the last week of October and into the first week of November. Looks like I have a change to visit this park. It seems pretty accessible by the train! I believe the Fright Nights would be going on at this time.

Is Thorpe Park slammed during Fright Nights like most other parks are? Is there a front of the line pass to ride the main attractions quickly? Is their "Fright Night" worth staying around for at night or should I just get a couple rides in on each and head out?

Appreciate it! My specific days of being in London would probably be October 27-Nov1.

Hi Zach,

This particular weekend is actually one of the busiest of the year. Schools are out and the event is always slammed as it's close to halloween.

I would definitely recommened Fastrack - it is expensive but totally worth it. The mazes can be really good, but only as good as your typical Six Flags maze.