TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Fastrack is such a shambles at Thorpe, with overselling galore, that the queue to even get fastrack tickets can be longer than the main queue you're trying to avoid, and the actual fastrack queue at the rides can be a considerable length as well!

I don't think thats a totally fair account of Thorpe Parks fastrack system. Yes it isn't perfect but the only time it over sells is when the sales team leaders add extra tickets to the system overriding the quota thats already set. That in all reality doesn't happen too often because of the complaints is can generate. The queues in the fastrack line are also very dependant on the ride host at the batch position and how many people they send through, some have been known to send only a couple through at a time while others send 20. The park last year did try out the Accesso (Lo-Q) online booking system and it looks like it will be returning at some point this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a really awesome day!

Really bummed that Saw was closed, I really like that ride, but it's for the best. I rode Slammer for the first time, been spited by it earlier. It was just awesome. Really really awesome. The ride cycle was totally crap though, it was over way too fast. The ride accelerated and did one full speed flip before it slowed down and reversed. Not cool for such an awesome ride. To bad S&S couldn't made the ride simpler and sell more.

I had totally forgotten how awesome Nemesis Inferno is! It's my favorite B&M ride of the ones I've done, and easily the most intense new school B&M, but on the other hand it is the last Stengel B&M... It's like the perfect mix for both enthusiasts and regular guests. We rode this probably twice as much as any other ride.

Stealth was just as great as I remembered it. It's the most awesome ride in the park even though Nemesis is better overall. We marathoned it probably 10 times the last half an hour. It was pure heaven!

The Swarm was a lot better than I expected! I have read so much negativity about it that I don't know what I expected. The ride was awesomely fun. I didn't expect it to be a mind blowing top 10 ride, an it delivered as really great fun experience. Swarm backwards in the last row is probably one of the most fun ride experiences I've ever had!

Unfortunately this is the only good thing I have too say about The Swarm this time. One train was dow for maintenance so it was a one train operation the whole day. Nothing too bad, but we had to wait 30 minutes every go because the fast track entres the regular queen so early. I don't think this is anywhere near acceptable when we paid over 200 quid for our both tickets. Also they closed the ride two hours earlier for "scheduled maintenance". This is also totally unacceptable in my world, you keep your "scheduled maintenance" after opening hours.

Otherwise everything was really great! Can't wait too see what the new ride is, the area closed of for it is rather big.

We ended up eating at the barbecue at Slammer. We didn't planned it, I just got hit with a massive hunger attack and took the closest restaurant. The food was great, nothing to complain about really.

Didn't take that many photos, so no real photo report this time, but here are a few:

11240087_10153055927113107_4076757760184336877_o.jpg

This wasn't as rough as last time I visited. Still I can only take two rides in a row before getting nauseas.

11722442_10153055926468107_6932947055553228683_o.jpg

Still one of the most awesome rides in the world!

11225335_10153055927083107_4990239292581959860_o.jpg

Pure awesomeness!

11731697_10153055927033107_4874045054321522711_o.jpg

Great ride!

11722066_10153055927028107_1488316505233826989_o.jpg

Evil awesome monster ride from hell!

11703558_10153055926893107_6559956625325401513_o.jpg

Easily my favorite in the park!!

• 3 weeks later...

^^ I signed up, but I hope I don't win what I think is an Opening Day Pass to it.

I live a teeeeensy bit farther away, than I'd like to admit.

But it should be fun receiving messages about it's progress, etc.

Great another mind altering theme like the Smiler. Way to use all your creativity and imagination there Merlin.......

I'm not a fan of the whole psychological angle that Merlin use with their rides either. I guess/hope it will work better on a dark ride though.

Great another mind altering theme like the Smiler. Way to use all your creativity and imagination there Merlin.......

I'm not a fan of the whole psychological angle that Merlin use with their rides either. I guess/hope it will work better on a dark ride though.

Its not just the fact that I'm not a fan of the physiological angle they use but its also the similarity between all the recent Merlin investments. Its seems to be a running theme that everything must be apocalyptic/phsycological/dark. With Swarm, Saw, Stealth/Amity Cove, Lost City etc, Thorpe Park pretty much looks like a wasteland now.

Nope, I totally agree with you. I think Tidal Wave was fine as at least it is quite upbeat, and Nemesis at Alton Towers was at least original at the time, but since then pretty much every ride has been really depressing theme wise. I want to be taken to another world and enchanted when I visit a theme park, not depressed haha.

i͕͕͗͗t͕͕͗͗'͕͕͗͗s͕͗ ͕͗c͕͕͗͗o͕͕͗͗m͕͕͗͗i͕͕͗͗n͕͕͗͗g͕͗...

WC16 Goes Vertical

A lot can change within a week and that has been proven by the WC16 building site this week. On Monday news broke that construction had gone vertical and within the past 5 days it looks as if the shell of the building has almost been completed. With this section of the building being the smallest in height we where still shocked of how tall this section is in person.

Inside the building there appears to be the start of what we think could be a projection room with curved pieces of metal being bolted together to form a large chamber. The building currently appears to have been separated into two sections, the larger left hand side with the curved metal chamber and the right which doesn't have anything special in it yet. Down towards the other end of the site work has been done around the pit for more foundations to be laid and poured over the next few weeks. We believe that in the space between now and two weeks time the rest of the building will shoot up, judging by how fast this section has been erected.

Marketing for the attraction has started with the launch of a mini site for the attraction. https://mindswanted.co.uk “THE ISLAND’S DARK SECRET WILL GET INSIDE YOUR HEAD. IT WILL DISTORT YOUR REALITY. YOU’LL BE OUT OF YOUR MIND TO MISS IT..” The website doesn't currently have much on it however on the homepage theres a macro video of an eye blinking along with a sign up page for news on the attraction.

img1.thumb.jpg.6876d66c794ad473116088eeb92d6c67.jpg

The first picture seen in the website

I've decided not to add the 'MINDS WANTED' pictures because you already know what that site looks like.

img1.thumb.jpg.b690c242a7478ebe23e5ac3a541d541c.jpg

The second picture

img1.thumb.jpg.d5008d834f2a1201b590867f6658d05c.jpg

Three

img1.thumb.jpg.7b250e2bfbdd605372f4a7d6e4464179.jpg

Four, you can see Storm Surge in the picture.

img1.thumb.jpg.9141993e9e02a2ce21a927d5e5a9af78.jpg

Five, construction

img1.thumb.jpg.bb9fca45335414b75e0f074b29b3f8e8.jpg

Six, viewed from a roller coaster (?), with Nemesis Inferno in the background and X to the left

img1.thumb.jpg.10e068770d9866f534b18e250a6f748a.jpg

Seven

img1.thumb.jpg.e5c63900cee9fda7df427f3d1c70c4b2.jpg

Eight, with Slammer in the background

• 1 month later...

^There's no reason why their major attractions would be closed if you were to visit in October/November, however it will be busier due to fright nights. But, if you are only planning on visiting once in the near future, then maybe consider waiting until next year when their new dark ride is open.

I seriously consider going to this park this year. Do you guys think it´s worth going there in October/November? Or it´s better to wait for the next year?

I just don´t want to come there and find all the major attractions closed or something ...

Pros of going in 2016

-Warmer weather

-More rides should be open

-New dark ride!

-Other new additions

Cons:

-Long queues (but you can always get Fast Track)

-Random school trips filling up the park

-Crowded

Pros of going this year

-Shorter queues

-Park isn't as crowded

-Operations might be faster as not that many people would be there

-Less chance of school trips cramming the park

Cons:

-Colder weather

-Some rides would be closed

-More rain

-New dark ride isn't open

Edited by Awesomefaceninja7

Fright* nights sound rly awesome to me and I was willing to try it, on the other hand, waiting for the new dark ride sounds pretty cool as well. I will probably save it for the next year then. Thanks

You can always do the Halloween stuff at other theme parks like Alton Towers as well, it doesn't have to be at Thorpe Park. That way you can go to a park this year and next year!

Fright* nights sound rly awesome to me and I was willing to try it, on the other hand, waiting for the new dark ride sounds pretty cool as well. I will probably save it for the next year then. Thanks

You can always do the Halloween stuff at other theme parks like Alton Towers as well, it doesn't have to be at Thorpe Park. That way you can go to a park this year and next year!

Yea, my thinking. I´m from Czech Republic, so Heide park or Europa park are probably better choice for this. Though, I was in Heide Park in May. Enjoyed it so far, so maybe I wouldn´t mind coming there back once more for the halloween stuff.

• 2 weeks later...