TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Cool little addition...seems like parks are realizing these near-miss elements make the wingriders a better experience.

Agree, I wish Dollywood would find a way to install a keyhole element somehow or another on Wild Eagle.

"Take a flight into Hell."

SFA should have trademarked this years ago.

I always thought SFA stood for Six Flags Apocalypse, and then when I arrived to find their "new" floorless coaster wasn't called "America", dissapointment and confusion prevailed.

The new sign at Thorpe looks great, exactly what the ride needed as I always felt the near miss with the church wasn't particularly effective.

Edited by andybarnes84

Take a Look at the 2013 park map, With billboard and swarm cars backwards, and of coarse Crash Pad. But that's not really worth talking about. Look at X:/ No Way Out or to be better X. It seems they renamed the ride, I also understood that no X's page on the site it mentioned that you run the entire ride backwards and this is removed: http://thorpepark.com/rides/x-no-way-out.aspx What's going on here? Did they only renamed it or did they even reversed the trains making it run forwards? What do you guy's think?

Nah its the same style they have used for years,Its not like its a hard park to navigate anyway debating whether to go to passholder's day tomorrow as the forecast is for 0 degrees with a windchill of -4 not sure that's coaster riding weather yet

Murf murf murf murf murf. I could barely understand what the guys were saying in the video.

I thought that the dive drop would be taken a lot more quickly in the back seat, but it looks like it still gives some great hang time.