TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

A hotel made out of shipping containers? That's different.

Perhaps particularly obnoxious guests will wake up in the morning and find themselves on a container ship heading for Somalia.

So many teenage pregnancies are gonna start there.

Im sure multiple teenage pregnancies have already happened at Thorpe Park! This will just increase the number.

To be honest I may give it a shot staying in one of them next year just out of interest. Granted I will be taking some disinfectant with me.

-Craig

Our Crash Pad rooms have got you covered:

With the nation's Thrill Capital in its back garden, The Crash Pad will be the ultimate overnight theme park break for groups of thrill-seeking mates and adrenaline-loving families:

2 days to ride

Dream to scream in 60 secondsyou can't stay closer to the rides anywhere else!

THE SWARMwithin screaming distance of our newest coaster

5 world-class coasters brave our stomach-churning rides

1 night to party

Evening entertainment with gigs, comedy, dvds & more

Relax in Bar 360 - open til late recover from your adrenaline-packed day

Outside chill zone for a mini-party of your own

PLUS everything you need

Climate controlled rooms with flat screen TV, safe, towels and comfy bedding

En-suite loo and shower

Mouth-watering breakfast included to set you up for a second day of thrills

late night bar cant see how there can be more teenage pregnancies out of that

I have to admit, I am being pretty offended by your comments about type of people that go to Thorpe Park. It is my local park, and I go there at least once a year. I wish you wouldn't stereotype the people that go there in the way you are. We are not all chavs.

I am kind of worried about the idea of these hotels. However, I'm sure that if the price to stay is low, then it will be quite good.

I have to admit, I am being pretty offended by your comments about type of people that go to Thorpe Park. It is my local park, and I go there at least once a year. I wish you wouldn't stereotype the people that go there in the way you are. We are not all chavs.

I am kind of worried about the idea of these hotels. However, I'm sure that if the price to stay is low, then it will be quite good.

We're only joking. There's no reason to be offended.

I didn't say you we're all chavs. And once a year? That's not really enough visits to get a clear view on the clientele that Thorpe gets on a regular basis.

But let's not get into that argument.

Crash Pad is a good idea that will attract a young crowd.

• 1 month later...

Thorpe have been posting a few teasers about plans for 2013 on their Facebook page...

Ready for your first clue about our plans for this year? Well here it is....

Are you brave enough to experience the evolution?

Here's the second clue about our surprise plans for this year. Can you guess what we're doing?

The sting is in the tail...

I've not really been following this closely but the comments on Facebook seem to suggest these things:

- Create a back story for The Swarm (either change the 4D cinema or add a Nemesis: Sub Terra style ride)

- Retheme of Saw: The Ride (possibly due to the license ending)

- Retheme of X:\ No Way Out & possibly turning the trains around so they face forward.

And my personal favourite:

- Turn the back seats of The Swarm around so they face backwards!!!

I won't be surprised if the back-up story is true. Look at Merlin, each park with a B&M (except Thorpe park then) has a attraction with a name of (one of) their B&M.

Heide-Park (Krake --> Krake Lebt)

Alton Towers (Nemesis --> Nemesis Sub-Tera)

Gardaland (Raptor --> Raptor Genetix) (Still in the make)

So I'm expecting a Swarm back-up story longer then today. I don't think they take Nemesis Inferno because the ride is old and not as legendary as his older brother in Alton Towers.

I really hope they keep the Saw theme for some more years I'm not going here before 2015 and I really like the movies, would be nice to have a ride with the same theme.