TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

I think for many of us who have ridden SWARM so far, we're dealing with some let downs. We all knew it would be a short ride but one that should have packed a punch. After a fun first drop, it just sorta bounces along. After being impressed with X2 a few months ago, it makes me increasingly frustrated that the UK doesn't seem to strive for world class coasters anymore (I know alot of it has to do with our ridiculous planning restrictions). I'm sure after a return visit it'll probably start to grow on me a bit.

Last week was also the first time I've got round to riding SAW. Now THAT'S a ride. Great indoor section, airtime, fast transitions, a well rounded ride experience if a little bumpy

I actually really like thirteen but as a fun family coaster experience, nothing more. I'm UBER excited to be trying out Verbolten in June (see what I did there?) but I'm sure once I return, my love for thirteen will plummet significantly

Fingers crossed that Wild Eagle lives up to it's name!

Wish people would be a bit more grateful about the rides they get. Here in Australia, a cloned El Loco is the most exciting new coaster we've got in 6 years.

You're right Alex, we shouldn't be moaning when we can just hop over to Europe to ride some decent coasters for a change with little effort. A bit harder to do the same thing down under

the Intamin Wing Rider is just Rough, I didn't find it very intense.

It's all where you sit!

Guess the same goes for this boring B&M thing?

I'm sure every single Thorpe Park die-hard fan to the average general public roller coaster fan would have rather had I305 sitting there than some lame excuse for a roller coaster than people are having to justify riding it at certain times, certain seats, when the moon is properly aligned, when your blood sugar balance is perfect, etc, etc.... for it to be any good.

--Robb

Take a look at Nemesis, (The original one, not the copy) ride it on the first train of the day, then ride it at the very end of the day, which ride is better........

You say it yourself, "Its all where you sit!", well the same is always said about when you ride!

I am by no means trying to Justify anything, just think it is a valid point that if you only ride a brand new coaster once, and that one time is on a cold morning with freezing fog everywhere to the point you can't even see the ride from the car park, you are bound to be let down.

Does a coaster have to be intense to be fun?

^Exactly!

Intense is great! But fun is better. To be honest, I prefer Flying Fish and Loggers Leap to Nemesis Inferno. I also prefer Air to Colossus. I got off of Nemesis laughing, not shaken.

Intense is awesome, but I prefer to have fun than to be in pain.

I'm sure I will have great fun Swarm. I don't care if I'm not thrown about and scared for my life. As long as I am smiling or laughing at the end I am happy.

exactly Andy yes I found it more fun in certain seats but did I enjoy it any less from the other seats no its a fun ride and a great addition to the park, if I had any gripe id like it to be a bit longer but hey we cant have everything can we

Hello together..

I'm a 'Guest', registered today, because i'm anyway often on this site...

I wanted to ask something about Thorp Park..

Me and my girlfriend love Rollercoasters, but were until now only on Disneyland Paris and Europapark.

Now we can go to Thorp Park, i will buy probably a fast pass.

Now my question, my girlfriend is overweight, and can't go to silverstar and bluefire, but the coasters in Disneyland with the different

'safety bars' are all no problem...

Now she is afraid that she can't go to a rollercoaster in Thorp park, and don't want buy a fastpass because of that. It would be really sad...

Do someone of you have own experience with that?

I know that they have test seats, but that dosn't help us at the moment..

Thank you all, and sorry for the bad english, i'm from switzerland..

^^With what you mentioned there's no way she'd be able to get on Colossus. Depending on proportions she may be able to fit in the larger seats of Nemesis Inferno or maybe Swarm but it's not for sure. I've seen some large women get into the restraints that are on Stealth, but again, without knowing her proportions and other rides with exactly the same harness, you won't know till you try.

Hello together..

Me and my girlfriend love Rollercoasters, but were until now only on Disneyland Paris and Europapark.

Now my question, my girlfriend is overweight, and can't go to silverstar and bluefire, but the coasters in Disneyland with the different

Now she is afraid that she can't go to a rollercoaster in Thorp park, and don't want buy a fastpass because of that. It would be really sad...

That is a definite no for the Swarm, the restraint is quite tight, there were a lot of people complaining when Raptor opened that they couldn't fit, so That one is out I'm afraid, Nemesis does have larger seats available as previously mentioned, as for Stealth/Collosus, best bet is to try the test seat first....

Hello together..

That is a definite no for the Swarm, the restraint is quite tight, there were a lot of people complaining when Raptor opened that they couldn't fit, so That one is out I'm afraid, Nemesis does have larger seats available as previously mentioned, as for Stealth/Collosus, best bet is to try the test seat first....

Yeah i saw numerous people having to leave the swarm ride on opening day as they couldn't get the restraints down. The staff were trying very hard to squeeze them in!

Yeah i saw numerous people having to leave the swarm ride on opening day as they couldn't get the restraints down. The staff were trying very hard to squeeze them in!

Yeah I noticed that too, I'm not that big and there wasn't much slack left on the belt after I put my restraint down!

^&^^ Very interesting to hear, I thought the restraints were very similar to the Flyers? Those seem to squish the fatties in pretty well. I worry about bringing this coaster to two parks in the US if the restraints are that difficult for Europeans!!!

^&^^ Very interesting to hear, I thought the restraints were very similar to the Flyers? Those seem to squish the fatties in pretty well. I worry about bringing this coaster to two parks in the US if the restraints are that difficult for Europeans!!!

I know that X-Flight has more flexible restraints, meaning that the fatties will be able to fit, sort of..

Plus-size riders will be held in with duct tape.

So, when in Dollywood, I should ride Wild Eagle first, then get cinnamon bread?

Edited by cfc

If anything, the Swarm is an example of a roller coaster that is more of an experience than it is a ride, which is always good. I've always been the kind of person to go "ooh" and "ah" at scenery during the ride anyway.

Hi All, just got back from Thorpe (Report to Follow with Photos) but just thought I would add, rode Swarm 10 Times, 3 on the front, 2 on the back (each side) and every row in between. It is a great coaster, not intense (unless you ride at the back at the end of the day)

Although I did spot a problem.

Train 2 is quite bouncy, however Train 1 is smooth as glass! Only problem is that the train numbers are hidden when in the station by the brakes!