TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Actually, all of the other seats, inside and outside have nothing restricting you. This leg restraint is only on the front inside seats. Raptor's trains are so big and comfortable, allowing your legs to reach right out. It's odd there's only the two inside seats like this and they really bruise your leg too. In the front row especially, I found it really difficult having only one leg restricted down.

(Hii I'm Dan, long time reader, new poster )

I'm quite confused to why B&M have decided to put the leg guard on the first row but not on subsequent rows, surely the clearance from the seat to the track is the same and therefore, if the front row needed these guards, the rest also would...

I'm extremely excited about this coaster though, living on the outskirts of London will mean opening day rides

And with this...this is still my most anticipated Wing Rider.

This

This only makes me less excited about Wild Eagle. I don't care how wild that eagle gets, it will not look as cool as this swarm creature.

And This

Wild Eagle looks like a nice ride, but this thing is just incredible! I still think Dollywood should have incorporated some kind of tree fly through element or some type of themeing half way on par with this thing and X-Raptor, but Swarm looks incredible. I really think a ride like this with this level of themeing could work at Disney park (Avatar, hint hint), it will most likely never ever happen but I think it could work.

Sorry about my earlier post, I didn't realise you meant the forward guard, there are leg guards to stop you as I put "kicking" the track on each row. I am sure there is a reason for them at the front, although I, like many, am failing to see why.

That is a very wise decision Elissa, I can imagine the parks will be packed during the Olympics, and the parks will put up the prices accordingly. I am amazed how frequently you visit the UK though. I mean, if you come in 2013, the only "big" new coasters you will get to ride are a B&M Wingrider (Swarm) and a Maurer X Car (SW7) (and a Vekoma Junior Shuttle (Ben 10)!)

Actually, all of the other seats, inside and outside have nothing restricting you. This leg restraint is only on the front inside seats. Raptor's trains are so big and comfortable, allowing your legs to reach right out. It's odd there's only the two inside seats like this and they really bruise your leg too. In the front row especially, I found it really difficult having only one leg restricted down.

w t h This what Kyle & I were talkin about!! We know theres no other restrictions on the other rows, were askin why?!! haha

It appears that Swarm has started testing!

Thorpe Park Mania:

Swarm Testing Starts 14/01/2012

Swarm testing has begun and we have managed to snap some pictures taken today. Were unsure when the testing begun.

Images taken from monks walk.

View all images here.

Woo testing. Now we just need a video to go with the pics It still puzzles me as to why this Wing Rider has only 7 cars, whereas all of the others are going to have 8. Ah well, will still be a great coaster with some excellent theming!

^Nope, Thorpe doesn't open for February 1/2 term, although i'm sure the actual ride could be ready for then if it were to open, not so sure about the theming etc. The queue line hasn't even been started yet. The park is due to open with The Swarm on 15th March though, that's after all the preview days and stuff of course.

It still puzzles me as to why this Wing Rider has only 7 cars, whereas all of the others are going to have 8. Ah well, will still be a great coaster with some excellent theming!

I'm pretty SFGAm's wing-rider will be the only one to have 8 cars. Wild Eagle and Swarm, like Raptor, will both have 7 cars.