TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

I hope it's much tighter than that video! That inverted dive is probably the most spectacular aspect of this ride besides the train design. I'd love to see an action packed version of this concept here in the states.

Subtract the apocalyptic theming, and I have a feeling that this is very close to what Dollywood will be putting in for next year.

Guy "Call me not disappointed." Koepp

about the train design. I dig it. I mean going thru a zero g roll with these trains will probably not be the same as doing it on a standard train (floorless). C'mon guys removing the track above and beneath you can really change the ride experience. I welcome the new trains

Not to mention the wider base for rotation. It has been compared to the outside seats on Dive Machines, that's probably pretty close to how it will feel. The visuals should be pretty cool.

As far as Dolly's ride goes, I hope it will be more like a hyper layout. Honestly if it looks anything like Thorpes ride I will not be very interested. That layout is for Thorpe and I would rather not see Dollywood get someone elses coaster. It's so easy to pump out clones of rides and advertise it as firt one around here, I hope for something better with this concept. The Inverts are mostly the same way in that many of them are so similar. Personally I am hoping for more terrain versions and something a little more spread out and faster.

^

Well Thorpe Ripped of Mystery Mine. So it's only fair for Dollywood to Rip Thorpe Park Off.

Thorpe Park didn't rip off Mystery Mine. The only similarities the two roller coasters have is that they both have sections in the dark. Saw's dark section is also so much shorter than Mystery Mine's many long ones, with nothing but a turn, barrel roll, and another turn. The rest of the ride is completely outdoors.

To be honest, I think Thorpe park should have gotten a B&M Hyper or Giga coaster. It would be the only place in England one of those coasters would fit. Alton has the tree limit, Chessington is to family orientated and Other parks don't have the money or space to put one in.

To be honest, I think Thorpe park should have gotten a B&M Hyper or Giga coaster. It would be the only place in England one of those coasters would fit. Alton has the tree limit, Chessington is to family orientated and Other parks don't have the money or space to put one in.

Yes,that would have been truely amazing.I could actually ride an amazing coaster without dreaming of going to America to do it.

That would honestly never happen. Thorpe Park has a height limit too, you know. I think it is 120 feet. Stealth was the one major exception to the rule they were allowed to have. The Swarm was another exception they could have but not to such a degree. They are allowed to add them at intervals. I think there is one more coaster on the MDTP that surpasses the ceiling height of the park. But no coaster will go as high as Stealth. Not in the near to mid future anyway.

^ I've asked many people many times and no-one has ever been able to confirm that Thorpe has a height celing around 115-120ft. It seems they just put forward proposals that they can reasonably expect to pass planning.

Bit yes, there's no chance of a hyper of giga unless a lot of things change in the local area.

Dave

They have another proposed coaster of 160ft going in near The Swarm in the future, so that defies the 120ft myth.

Thorpe are generally quite good with planning applications, and the next new coaster has already been approved as part of their long term development plan. Obviously subject to a final specific application as we have seen with the previous coasters - and they all went through okay.

It's gonna be one impressive view from the dome balcony in a few years..

come to think of it.

A couple of years ago I went on a School trip to Thorpe Park , to make it 'Educational' , I had a maths seminar there but all it was , was a guy talking about risk factors of things going wrong and the costs of SAW.He mentioned something about a height limit that would expire some time.I think he said 2013 but I'm not sure (Don't take my word on that).I think Jason may be right.

I flew over thorpe yesterday while going to manchester and you could see the construction area, all there was though was dirt and lost of it!!

But from what you could see, it will be quite spread out, because the island is quite big..

I'm hoping much of it is over water and it swoops down very low to it.

It's unlikely there will be a restriction saying they cannot build over 120 feet. as has been suggested, applications are just submitted that have a good chance of getting passed.

Yesterday we went to Thorpe Park, UK and after the security singled out certain members of our group, (the 6'7" Gambian in the basketball outfit) they then decided to pick an argument with the other members of the group who felt he was treated unfairly. It all kicked off with young children witnessing their mother being subject to common assault by the 'private security firm'. Then the white members of the group were told we could enter the park but not the black members, including the children. You can judge for yourself the type of people hired to be security when they are not licensed bouncers and they start physical contact with customers. The police were called, they reviewed the CCTV and said they would recommend the park would give us a refund as apparently we were 'trespassing' at this point. They are also asking Thorpe Park to investigate the manner in which the staff conduct themselves and enforce their policies. This was a family day out organised by a local Caribbean food company for people of all ages and races to enjoy. It ended up leaving a lasting impression in the minds of all those who witnessed the disgusting behavior of certain members of staff.

Has anyone else experienced this type of treatment from Thorpe Park Staff?

Yesterday we went to Thorpe Park, UK and after the security singled out certain members of our group, (the 6'7" Gambian in the basketball outfit) they then decided to pick an argument with the other members of the group who felt he was treated unfairly. It all kicked off with young children witnessing their mother being subject to common assault by the 'private security firm'. Then the white members of the group were told we could enter the park but not the black members, including the children. You can judge for yourself the type of people hired to be security when they are not licensed bouncers and they start physical contact with customers. The police were called, they reviewed the CCTV and said they would recommend the park would give us a refund as apparently we were 'trespassing' at this point. They are also asking Thorpe Park to investigate the manner in which the staff conduct themselves and enforce their policies. This was a family day out organised by a local Caribbean food company for people of all ages and races to enjoy. It ended up leaving a lasting impression in the minds of all those who witnessed the disgusting behavior of certain members of staff.

Has anyone else experienced this type of treatment from Thorpe Park Staff?

So your telling me no-one from your group did anything wrong.....no-one in the world would ever start an arguement for the "hell of it" particularily someone in an official role, there may be instances when security services are slightly hamfisted, but you have to remember that some of the stuff these people deal with is extreme at Thorpe Park (I was waiting in the Car Park for a friend of mine to finish working when I witness an Armed Robbery attempt on the cash trolley that was being moved down to the security offices).

What I seem to find common in situations like these (I work in a customer facing role, so see a lot of this) is that in a busy period, if you ask someone to do something and the other members of the group seem to think it is either because of Race/Age/Sex etc, voices will start to be raised, thus resulting in arguements happening, I can almost guarantee you that at least 1 person in your group raised their voices at one point or another.

I personally think Thorpe's Zero Tollerance approach is excellent, it is fairly uncommon to see major incidents inside the park, and after all, Thorpe is supposed to be a nice day out.

On the other hand though, if something was done wrong by the Thorpe Security staff, they will be dealt with, and I am sure you will be compensated for your trouble if you lodged a complaint, however if all you did was leave after argueing, then decided to post on a Theme Park Enthusiast forum which you have never posted on before just to complain, I have a funny feeling you never lodged a complaint with Thorpe or Merlin and probably are aware you or another member of your group may have done something wrong.

Just my .02p worth.