TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Belated Photo TR: D23, FANTASMIC+Murphy, and Disney Celebs

Ok, so this is SLIGHTLY delayed, but here are some of my pictures from D23 in September.

Also, all of these pictures are available for viewing and download in their original size (plus many more pictures!!) on my flickr which you can see here: www.flickr.com/piratetinkerbell

ENJOY

Thursday, September 10, 2009

So we flew into Orange County that afternoon and got to our hotel a little bit before dinnertime. We wanted to get dinner at Tortilla Jo’s so we made the brilliant decision to walk from our hotel to dinner. Not so bad, right? WRONG!!!! We were staying at the Courtyard Mariott (right behind the Anaheim Mariott) which is about 1.5 miles walking distance from Tortilla Jo’s. The walk didn’t look so bad to start out, but it ended up being pretty darn far. We forgot about the Katella Ave. shuttle which would have saved us a good bit of the walk. I guess on the way over it wasn’t too bad… It was after tons of Mexican food and multiple margaritas that the walk back was made uncomfortable.

D23 Expo, Friday, September 11, 2009

Okay Friday!! What a great day!!!! We got to go to the Walt Disney Pictures presentation which, as most of you probably know, CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW WAS THERE!!!! I almost died with excitement!!! I wasn’t really sure whether to cry or jump up and down… The best solution seemed to be a combination of both. We had seats in the third row for the presentation, so it was really cool to see all those celebs and especially Captain Jack that close! And sadly, since no cameras were allowed, I didn’t get a picture of my wonderful Captain Jack. But I’ll always remember it forever Now onto the things I did get to take pictures of!!

The first thing we did (well, after buying our expo priced tickets for Disneyland that night) was go see the Electrical Parade Turtle!!!! It was the first thing that caught my eye when we got into the expo hall and (being a true Main Street Electrical Parade fan) I had to go see it. I asked (yes, I really did ask) if I could take the turtle home with me but sadly they said I couldn’t. They might have wondered if I got on the plane with that following me…

WALL-E!!! He really was super cute! I need a little one of him to help me clean up

And Lucky He was pretty cool. He always seemed to make some sort of noise and had great expressions!

This next one is really exciting! I got to meet Tony Baxter!! We saw him in the parks and resorts pavilion so I got up the courage and introduced myself and said hello! He was super nice and signed my expo book and took a picture with me. It was really awesome to get to meet him because I admire his work so much! Really really nice guy and I only wish I had hours to sit and talk with him!

Miss Minnie and Me Rodent love

ONTO DISNEYLAND! Okay, so I don’t know if it was because it was September 11th or what, but Disneyland was pretty slow that evening. At about 5:30pm Indiana Jones had only a 20 minute posted (it turned out to be like 10 minutes) wait. We walked right onto Pirates, we didn’t even have to wait one minute. Overall, the park was pretty empty, but not like I’m complaining

Messing around with the camera waiting for Fantasmic…

And the main reason why we went to Disneyland that night… FANTASMIC!! Especially Murphy The following are some of my favorites that I took during the show, there’s a bunch more on my Flickr if you would like to see those too I borrowed Andrew’s nice camera to take the pictures so they came out great!

Princessas (this Ariel one is quite pretty in a bigger size, see it here!)

See later on when I got to meet the REAL Belle

Mickey got lost somewhere in that blast of light…

AND NOW, MAY I PRESENT…… MURPHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well, Murphy minus fire-breathing…)

This one looks WAY better bigger, so go check it out here! I got a lucky shot too… check out the fire on the left hand side of the picture. Does it look like a dragon head with horns to you? It does to me It’s Mini Murphy!

She goes dead…

SHINY!

KABLOOEY! (also really pretty big, so see it here!)

And the last of the Fantasmic shots... (also quite pretty larger which can be seen here!)

D23 Expo, Saturday, September 12, 2009

Can I keep him?

Star Tours 2!!!!!!!

Mr. Push

And, as promised, the REAL Belle Miss Paige O’Hara!

Paige O’Hara and the REAL Tinkerbell Miss Margaret Kerry

Tink and PirateTink

THE END!!!

Hope everyone enjoyed my pictures!!! Again, feel free to download (or comment on ) any that you like at my Flickr (www.flickr.com/piratetinkerbell). Have a wonderful and safe Halloween!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photos Katie, I especially love the fantasmic photo's. I know it's not a loved show due to the crowds it does attract, but I loved that show with no fire breathing dragon.

Just a question though, those ladies at the end, are they the original voice actors for Tinkerbell and Belle?

Anyway, Awesome photo's and awesome trip report. 10/10 in my books!

Just a question though, those ladies at the end, are they the original voice actors for Tinkerbell and Belle?

Yep! Paige O'Hara was the voice for Belle. She still sounds EXACTLY the same. It's really neat to hear her speak to you It's like the character come to life. Margaret Kerry was the body reference model/actress for Tinkerbell when they were animating Peter Pan. She was the one dressed up like Tinkerbell doing all the poses and actions that were then translated onto paper

This is her official website: http://www.tinkerbelltalks.com/

Fantasmic does seem to attract SO many people lately, so we had to get there about 1 1/2 hours early for even the standing seats we got. At least we got front row standing section. Especially with the new dragon now, tons more people go to see it. Fire-breathing or not (depending on her mood for the night lol) she's still pretty impressive!

Thanks for the nice comment I really appreciate feedback on my photos! I love sharing my love for all things Disney with everyone else, so it makes me smile when people like my pictures

No your most welcome Katie, well deserved.

That's quite a feat re belles voice. Even these days with the simpsons, the voices for Bart are really starting to unravel. It used to be really convincing, these days he is starting to sound like a female.

Fantasmic is a great show, and whilst it does get crowded, Crowd Control procedures at the park are very good.

Just talking about crowd control, when i was at Disneyland I sat at one of the eateries that has a deck near the hub in order to watch the fireworks, and at the end of the fireworks managment looking people started ushering people behind Main Street (so essentially backstage). The door was outside next to the piano on the patio for the Coca-Cola store. Even though I didn't want to go that way (as in to the flagpole) I went for a walk down there anyway just to check it out. It was rather cool, I got to see the Jungle Cruise maintenence bay, saw the backside to main street and the streetcar tram holding area. It was pretty cool, but can't imagine it's something they do very often. Does anyone know if they do this often or if it's only done in those cases where the park is packed out?

Just talking about crowd control, when i was at Disneyland I sat at one of the eateries that has a deck near the hub in order to watch the fireworks, and at the end of the fireworks managment looking people started ushering people behind Main Street (so essentially backstage). The door was outside next to the piano on the patio for the Coca-Cola store. Even though I didn't want to go that way (as in to the flagpole) I went for a walk down there anyway just to check it out. It was rather cool, I got to see the Jungle Cruise maintenence bay, saw the backside to main street and the streetcar tram holding area. It was pretty cool, but can't imagine it's something they do very often. Does anyone know if they do this often or if it's only done in those cases where the park is packed out?

I've been back through there once that I rememer (and I ruined a pair of high heels doing it lol). I went back through there with my choir group when they were taking us back to Big Thunder Ranch. The park was really crowded and we were running late, so the CMs took us through there. It really is neat to see Adventureland stuff on one side and Main Street stuff on the other!