TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

When did you start riding coasters?

Space Freak

in 1995 I rode Viper at SFGAm and was terrified until 2002 I was not really interested in coasters. then I rode the DEmon at SFGAm thinking "what the hell am I doing" as I boarded the train. I had such a good time I rode 6 times consecutivly (sp?) and I've been a coaster freak ever since.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My first coaster was Canyon Blaster at Circus Circus when I was about 5 or 6. I totally HATED coasters at that age, but my mom said we would leave if I didn't get on because I was tall enough. But when I rode it, I screamed like a little girl!

But ever since that coaster, my first ever coaster with inversions and my first ever coaster at all, I have been hooked on coasters.

My first coaster was Der Flitzer, formerly at Adventureland in Iowa. Once I could handle that ride when I was young, I went on the Super Screamer, and I was so frightened after riding, I didn't go on another coaster till 12 years later. I had lost all interest in amusement parks. It wasn't till about 4 years ago I got addicted to coasters and amusement parks, and my first coaster I rode since I was 8 was Ninja at SF St. Louis, and eventually rode every coaster at the park in the same day. Now I ride coasters every opprutunity I can find!

Technically my first coasters were the ones at Disneyland (Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Big Thunder) but my first real coaster was the Lightning Bolt at MGM Adventures Theme Park in Las Vegas. I was scared to death of roller coasters then and I only rode it so my little sister who rode it wouldn't call me a chicken. A few years after that my Mom said we could go to Castles n Coasters with my cousins one day but we had to ride Desert Storm if we wanted to go. I rode it, hated it, rode it again, hated it not so much, rode it again, kept my eyes open the whole time, rode again, and became addicted. But I had never ridden any really big coasters until I went to Magic Mountain almost 2 years ago. Now I will ride anything and my sister is the one chickening out. For example, last time we were at SFMM we were waiting in line for Deja Vu and at the same time we're talking her into riding it. She rode it but came off shaking scared. Her coaster addiction will come in time though.

• 4 weeks later...

I rode my first coaster when I was three, it was the Blue Streak at Cedar Point. We were on a trip visiting my grand parents and we were on our way and we got in the park for $5.00's because it was 9:00 P.M and ever since then I have been hooked.

Since then I have been traveling to Six Flags Great America and Big Chiefs and riding there great coasters. American Eagle was my first ride at SFGAmerica. Raging Bull rocks

My first coasters were the ones at Disneyland (oldies but goodies), and just like Robb I was around 3 or 4. I guess my first REAL coaster was the Corkscrew at KBF when I was 6. I remember riding with my aunt from Mexico and she gave me the sign of the cross right before the drop. Growing up in SoCal, I've been surrounded by coasters all my life (YAY!).

• 1 month later...

Kumba may be old, but its still fun. Still a smooth coaster. Im sort of a late-bloomer roller coaster fan. I always did ride the Disney coasters since I was a kid, but after a sorta bad experience on Busch Garden's Scorpion in the mid 80s (wow that coaster is much smaller than I originally remember) I stayed away from looping ones until I got married about a year and a half ago. My wife loves em and got me to try them again. Also riding Mission Space around 50 times really helped me overcome my motion sickness problem lol!

My first roller-coaster was this one in hunstanton when I was four (and i absolutely hated it),but then we went to thorpe park in 2003 and I first went on nemesis-inferno and I loved it, and since then I've loved roller coasters !

my first coaster was Vampire at Cwoa.. (or the clown coaster.. can't remember..) when i was 7.. before then i absoulutly hated rides and coasters, then in 2001 i got my Tussuads annual pass, and i just started going all the time, then started finding the forums, but i would say i have loved since about 1999.