Official Windows 7 Discussion

andyuk200523

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, new Win7 question, now my gadgets aren't working. They were working last night, I went to bed (I left the computer on), woke up this morning, and they were not working. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

gadgets.thumb.png.9152e1b8ba0f87a649e553f57870b7a7.png

The two gadgets present are the CPU meter (A) and the Clock (B).

I've had some major issues with Win7 on my new pc.. random blue screens and stop responding moments.

Been googling for a while and tried all kinds of tricks to make it more stable.. up the memory voltage, change some processor settings and othe things..

It did help a little but still..

2 weeks ago i noticed a new firmware for the motherboard of my pc.. installed it.. set all bios settings to default..

No problems anymore..

The bios update did not mention fixing anything that sounded like something i was having issues with.. but still

Moral of this story.. make sure everything is up-to-date on your machine

^I had this problem as well. Updated everything, nothing. Put up with the issues until the update that fixed the problem was released and that solved it.

Ever since then it has done the "not responding" thing once, which to me means the problem is lurking in the background somewhere?!

^ most likely there's still some fix needed (out there) i had the memory errors/blue screen/not responding at the same time..

all of this is gone at the moment.. (unless my internet connection dropped )

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please tell me why Windows 7 is so damn retarded. Take a look at this....

fuckingstupidwindows.thumb.jpg.c6e3e52db62275f06397909df923f825.jpg

Out of the blue yesterday my external hard drives just stopped working and then one after the other they kept popping up "you need to format..." "you need to format" it just kept happening over and over and over again with no way to stop this! Look at the bottom bar! I must have had like 200 of these pop up in like 20 seconds!

I had to shut off the computer, lost all the work I was doing on a Blu-Ray, turned the computer back on and it started to happen again.

Shut it down for about 5 minutes, unplugged all my USB drives, and then booted up the computer.

I then plugged in my USB drives one at a time, and now they all work.

Seriously WTF is wrong with this operating system?!?!?!

On the flip side.... I absoultely love my MacBook Pro. It's INSANE how solid of a machine that thing really is. I bought the thing because I wanted a better solution for when being on the road, and never in a million years did I think I'd be doing the majority of the work I used to do on a beefed up desktop machine on a freakin' laptop!

I'd say I now use it about 80% of everything that I do.

In fact, I'm only even mastering these blu-Rays on the PC now because: 1. That's where I started making them, and 2. the process takes up so much time that I don't want to tie up my #1 resource with something that means I wouldn't be able to use that machine for hours while it renders out the blu-ray project.

It was so frustrating to lose about 4 hours of work due to that stupid hard drive issue.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Can someone please tell me why Windows 7 is so damn retarded. Take a look at this....

Out of the blue yesterday my external hard drives just stopped working and then one after the other they kept popping up "you need to format..." "you need to format" it just kept happening over and over and over again with no way to stop this! Look at the bottom bar! I must have had like 200 of these pop up in like 20 seconds!

I had to shut off the computer, lost all the work I was doing on a Blu-Ray, turned the computer back on and it started to happen again.

Shut it down for about 5 minutes, unplugged all my USB drives, and then booted up the computer.

I then plugged in my USB drives one at a time, and now they all work.

Seriously WTF is wrong with this operating system?!?!?!

On the flip side.... I absoultely love my MacBook Pro. It's INSANE how solid of a machine that thing really is. I bought the thing because I wanted a better solution for when being on the road, and never in a million years did I think I'd be doing the majority of the work I used to do on a beefed up desktop machine on a freakin' laptop!

I'd say I now use it about 80% of everything that I do.

In fact, I'm only even mastering these blu-Rays on the PC now because: 1. That's where I started making them, and 2. the process takes up so much time that I don't want to tie up my #1 resource with something that means I wouldn't be able to use that machine for hours while it renders out the blu-ray project.

It was so frustrating to lose about 4 hours of work due to that stupid hard drive issue.

--Robb

I can't tell you why Windows is so retarded, I can only confirm that since getting my iMac a few weeks before Christmas, my "awesome" Windows based notebook has also been gathering dust in the corner! Just like you, I never believed it would happen, but here I am. The only reason I turn the laptop on is to work on a project I started on it, or to upload a file to the Internet while I continue working with the Mac. So, as frustrating as it is, in the words of MJ, "You are not alooooone...." Do you pray for the day you have finished all the projects you started on your PC and can finally retire the thing? I know I do!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't use Photoshop, but the ONLY problem I've ever had with Windows 7, having had it since it came out, is that recent versions of Firefox get into a "(Not Responding)" mode for a few seconds once in a while. I don't know what that's about, but I'm guessing it's a Firefox issue rather than a Windows issue.

I'm running Home Premium 32-bit on a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM and assorted fixed and removable disks.

• 1 month later...