TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Great Escape/TR: SFNE

pkdcoaster

Well here was the original plan

10-3: drive from Richmond to Lake Compounce to be there at opening at 5pm

10-4: spend all day at SFNE

Well we got a great deal on a flight from Dulles to Bradley Int airport (in between SFNE & LC) so we flew out to New England, got to the Hotel around 2pm weather was overcast and calling for rain.

Since we were all getting 6 flags passes we decided to go to SFNE for a few hours before LC.

This was my first trip to SFNE and I was very excited about riding Bizarro for the first time.

Right as we walked through the gates at about 3 the skies opened up and poured rain so some of us grabbed a bite to eat while the rain passed. it stopped raining about 10 mins. later so we headed to Bizarro, 1 train wait for the back seat and then it started Pouring down rain again. hurt like hell but was a fun ride and very memorable.

we made a run around the park to ride all the coasters (except great chase & Flashback) and they announced that they would be closing at 5:30 due to the weather, ugghhh. We called LC and they had a recording that also said they would be closed for the evening. Bummer!

We did not do too bad for 2.5 hours in the park.

5 rides on Bizarro

2 rides on Batman and 1 on the rest of them.

we came back sunday night and had a good time picked up the rest of the credits and rode Batman and Cyclone again and Bizarro 5 more times.

The park was pretty much like I expected. Employees could have been nicer and more efficient on Bizarro.

Here are some reviews

Bizarro- WOW this ride deserves its praise, IMO it is the whole package of drops, turns, positive G's, Negative G's, Height, Tunnels etc.

I really liked all of the extra theming on the ground but the speakers were so Dumb and really detracted from the ride IMO. It is way too loud (you cannot even hear announcements in the station) and it makes no sense, It just spits out movie quotes from any and every movie out there (Pulp fiction, Scarface, Shrek, Dark Knight, Goonies etc.) I was really hoping the batteries for the speaker system would have died before the end of the night.

Batman was a decent little B&M, Nice zero G roll

Cyclone was one I was really interested in finally riding (wish I could have rode it before the re-profile) Back seat was awesome and out of control.

Since we had already rode almost everything at SFNE on Saturday we wanted to see if there was another park nearby we found that Great Escape was about a 2.5 hour drive and they opened at noon on Sunday. I have never heard a bad thing said about Comet so off we went.

I was honestly not expecting too much from this place but it was a very nice little park nestled in the mountains. Reminded me of Knoebels (but with pavement) No real unique rides or thrilling rides to write home about except one.

Comet- An awesome classic coaster with great airtime and speed, very smooth too, well worth the trip.

plus the employees were really nice

Here are some pics from GE

No pics from SFNE cause the first day it was raining and the 2nd it was night time.

Sucks we did not get to ride Boulder dash but at least we got to ride comet as a concelation prize

JEFF

GE17.jpg.a680c0b0b4f2453381068689f2bf0a6f.jpg

GE16.jpg.b38747c961fcc95d1ba6f351e64714c5.jpg

Nice paint job on this oldie

GE15.jpg.8eea9609398b80c01a9a7f159503755b.jpg

A new S&S tower was erected this year, cool name too

GE14.jpg.95f74f4f1ab2459466ba2111425c2a87.jpg

they do have a boomerang

GE13.jpg.49af13c60a298338d41836e3a742bcd4.jpg

odd theming

GE12.jpg.5e389fd27e6a4eb09e896e3244835754.jpg

GE11.jpg.38133fc384920cb65b0c154315133905.jpg

Some really nice scenery in the park

GE10.jpg.a7d2a1daf7e2d3897184c6c401c6a991.jpg

They had a really nice rare bobsled

GE9.jpg.193d1d221b71b7065701c8a54a1dc663.jpg

GE8.jpg.b92bb6c9c9e87567f9b68918ed55fad7.jpg

GE7.jpg.e6c31bc6d5fdc5932d340ea18756f939.jpg

We could not believe how incredibly smooth it was

GE6.jpg.b8b1fd0884cc864c1e233b0ca2fdf4bc.jpg

Comet holds a world record:

Most unnecessary anti-rollbacks through out its course (6)

GE5.jpg.8ca30a9f50819773fb42697a0e671c83.jpg

awesome classic layout

GE4.jpg.b152dd3411a122fba7d8fe2bb7a7195a.jpg

She did not disappoint

GE3.jpg.0515fdb19d77c384425cee9d9d40b462.jpg

The reason we came

GE2.jpg.99f9b43dbf06fcb104874d6afb016872.jpg

we are in the Mountains

GE1.jpg.b294ba7d77e014fbc06dfa574e6c4b3a.jpg

The Wolf Lodge at GE

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you don't like the audio on Bizarro, I suggest complaining. A lot of people complain about the randomness and annoyingness of it. I know I have emailed the park about it. But I bet the more people who make note of it, they will change it. I suggest emailing SFNE.

Great pics by the way!

Is the audio on Bizarro the same between SFGAdv and SFNE? Well obviously a change in duration.

If its the same or essentially the same then I agree. By the end of the ride I had a headache from the speakers blaring in my ears. I thought it was just too stupid and random.

Is the audio on Bizarro the same between SFGAdv and SFNE? Well obviously a change in duration.

If its the same or essentially the same then I agree. By the end of the ride I had a headache from the speakers blaring in my ears. I thought it was just too stupid and random.

Well there are some differences between the quotes. Some random quotes on New Jersey's Bizarro is different than SFNEs. But yeah it gets the same feeling. What does "Pull my finger!" have to do with anything? Haha, it is just really annoying.

Jeff - Great Escape is one of those parks that TPR's Park Index is sadly lacking pictures of. Please feel free to post more pictures if you have them. I'll add to the park index once I return and recover from my vacation.

Thanks

As far as the odd themeing at the park. That gorrila was from the old Jungleland walkthrew, and the park pulls out a bunch of old stuff from the boneyard for frightfest. Also is TPR ever gonna make a trip to TGE I thought for sure they would during the East Coast Trip in 2008

Darn, we just missed you, Jeff! Our original plan was SFNE during the day Saturday, LC Saturday night, and Great Escape on Sunday morning. Since LC closed, we decided to hit Great Escape Saturday night instead. We must've just left SFNE before you arrived. Glad you enjoyed Comet! It's one of our favorite coasters and we were able to get some excellent night rides on it.

As far as the odd themeing at the park. That gorrila was from the old Jungleland walkthrew, and the park pulls out a bunch of old stuff from the boneyard for frightfest. Also is TPR ever gonna make a trip to TGE I thought for sure they would during the East Coast Trip in 2008

Robb and Elissa will probably include Great Escape in a "future" New England/Northeast Trip.