TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Arrow coaster

Out of 3 Arrows I've been on.

BBW,

LNM,

CC.

I liked Loch Ness A Lot. Smooth, Headchopping tunnel Entrance, Fun interlocking Loops, and most importantly, The Amazing first drop! Diving to the water and Ejector seat, combined with floater to the botton.

Big Bad wolf is cool, but not as much fun as expected, Amazing second drop, Forceful turns, and Helex of Death were all fun, but the slow lift hills and straight track before helix runin it. Not to mension what looked like a 10 minute line but was 20. I gave this a healthy 8, but the lifts could be faster.

Canobie Corkscrew was OK, ut they need to retrack that turn before the Corks. The Corkscrews were fun, First drop was great, but not as amazing as ACs, LNMs, and BBWs, drops. That turn before the Corks is as rough as a nail(not quite hell)!

Overall, I like Arrow. We would see the roller coaster diffrently from now if it wern't for Arrow! I just hope the rough rides get retracked.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of 4 Arrows I have ridden (Gemini and Corkscrew at Cedar Point and GASM and Runaway Mine Train at SFGAdv) I would have to say that Gemini is my favorite, and GASM is my least favorite. It is the rougest coaster I have ever been on, far too rough too enjoy it. The only good part from what I remember was the Boomerang, probably because it was taken so slowly.

• 9 years later...

Corkscrew at Cedar Point, very jerky transitions, lots of headbanging, and not very exciting when you exclude the roughness. While it wasn't brutally rough, I don't think I'd ride it again next time I'm at CP.

While I doubt anyone one this board has actually ridden it, I think the honor for Arrow's Worst Coaster should definitely go to The Bat.

It was awfully engineered and designed (psh, who needs to bank turns). It lasted 3 seasons and was down basically all the time. Most of the rides mentioned here are all actually functional, even Drachen Fire looks like a reliable and well designed when compared to the Bat.

Edited by scbt

I have come to the conclusion that my torso and the rest of my body is shaped perfectly for Arrow trains and OTSRs because I never really have any comfort issue on Arrow creations.

I absolutely love Vortex, Carolina Cyclone, Ninja (Vekoma but has Arrow trains. It is getting the vest treatment anyways), Demon (CGA), and loved both Double Loop (Geauga Lake) and Great American Scream Machine (SFGAdv). Just to name a few.

While I doubt anyone one this board has actually ridden it, I think the honor for Arrow's Worst Coaster should definitely go to The Bat.

It was awfully engineered and designed (psh, who needs to bank turns). It lasted 3 seasons and was down basically all the time from what I've read. Most of the rides mentioned here are all actually functional, which really can't be said for the Bat.It was a HUGE failure and embarrassment for Arrow.

Honestly the track wasn't banked because the trains provide their own banking. The main flaw was that the track was still getting the force from the train and it was not being applied to the track properly without track banking. I never rode it obviously but from POVs it looked like a pretty awesome ride.

In terms of design flaw though, yes that was probably their biggest disappointment, but that is bound to happen in innovation especially before computers.

Yes , The Bat was probably the worst in terms of design flaws, however, in terms of riding, it was really a fun and a bit intense ride. Not boring like Dragging Iron. I'll never forget while on the paddlewheel boat ride at CP, the captain asked if anyone had been on Iron Dragon yet, and asked what everyone thought. Most on the boat raised their hands and said, boring. The boat captian laughed and said , yeah, a few million bucks for a boring ride and shook his head. Most likely a no no to say, but yes, he did go there. I still chuckle.

• 1 year later...