TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's "Halloween in Orlando" 2009

robbalvey

Thanks, Robb and Elissa, for another awesome trip!

I wish I wasn't sick for most of the Epcot day, though I did run into drunk Joey when I finally got there - I'll buy you a drink next time!

Lots of great memories from the past week... the awful "table service" at Buffalo Wild Wings. Piers' IllumiGaytions show, and being served mystery shots poolside - Fancy! Our attempt to get through the rain at the Magic Kingdom to change into costumes for MNSSHP, while dining on soup and waffles along the way. Trying not to run and scream at HHN and Howl-O-Scream, and failing miserably at both. Even got scared during the daytime tour of a HHN house by Michael Roddy!

I'm sure there are lots of things I've left out, but I think my Nyquil is starting to kick in. Thanks again everyone, and I hope to see you all soon!!!! Bitch, please!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved Robb's taco costume!

Dave - I kept seeing you at MNSSHP, and I had to keep reminding myself that I don't actually know you, so it would have been weird if I were to yell, "Dave!" like I was tempted to!

That rain at the beginning of MNSSHP sucked.

Dave - I kept seeing you at MNSSHP, and I had to keep reminding myself that I don't actually know you, so it would have been weird if I were to yell, "Dave!" like I was tempted to!

Eh, you could have yelled at me. Usually people yell far worse things at me. And they are usually people I know!

Just general advice for anyone reading: I will usually be sort of quiet the first time I meet anyone, as I have found again and again that The Dave Experience is just not for everyone, so I have to greatly dial down my insanity most of the time. But feel free to come up to talk to me or introduce yourself at parks. I am harmless. I cannot speak to Ice Bat's level of potential danger, of course. But as you see in many photos, he's drunk most of the time, so he should be fine...

dt

^ Dave's right on. Except about the insanity part. He's insane all the time. Ice Bat or no Ice Bat.

I don't think there's anyone on TPR that wouldn't at least say hello and chit chat for a while if you told us you were on here. Just ask dandaman. He's was stalking me at WDW last February. It's one of the best parts of TPR, meeting new people!

I don't think there's anyone on TPR that wouldn't at least say hello and chit chat for a while if you told us you were on here. Just ask dandaman. He's was stalking me at WDW last February. It's one of the best parts of TPR, meeting new people!

QFT. And I WASN'T stalking, I merely took a picture from far away for reference in case I didn't see you again once I got through the gate! Wait... damn.

Meeting new people really is one of the best aspects of TPR. Random TPR member sightings have made my whole day in the past (Soren at Epcot, Matt at MK) and Behemoth Bash still holds the personal title of "best day ever" due to finally meeting many of the people who make this great site what it is. (ERT didn't hurt, though!)

^ Kumba gets a lot of love from me. I still have it ranked #5 overall on my steel poll (and my #1 B&M) and I still say that night rides on Kumba could very well be ranked up there with some of my best roller coaster rides ever.

Anyone who has the opprotunity to ride Kumba at night should NOT miss out on that experience.

You won't regret it!

--Robb

^ I'm kind of surprised to hear that from you, as I've sort of labeled you as an Intamin fanboy....-ish....type of person.

When asked what my #1 is overall, I usually respond with Kumba, although I really have never made a list. Don't get me wrong, I love airtime too, but Kumba is a flat out great time!

^ I'm kind of surprised to hear that from you, as I've sort of labeled you as an Intamin fanboy....-ish....type of person.

Oh, I am...on my Mitch Hawker list, my top 4 are all Intamin's, then there is Kumba...

--Robb

Last time I rode Kumba was about 3 years ago...

The sucker is still amazing, and even with there never being a line i could only get five rides in a row without feeling like I had been thrown into the middle of a stampede! Come to think of it Its probably the ride that got me into coasters.

I really can't wait to ride it again this Christmas!

Edit:

(Robb did you get any footage of it?)

Guys - thanks for another AWESOME Orlando Halloween!

Night rides on Kumba were orgasmic, and Emily squealing/screaming had Scott, Jon and I drooling down the sides of our faces laughing.

When we were at the pool party, whenever Elissa came out with Piers bellowing "SHOTS!!!" like a HHN shooter girl, it felt like we were back at Sea World. People would come swimming up to her clapping like little sea lions. It was AWESOME.

Piers, as always, was Fancy, Classy and Truthful! Dave Thomas is the perfect level of evil and insane (the door rocked.) It was great seeing so many friends I've made over the last few years and meeting some new folks. Love yall...

D>

^ Kumba at night is simply one of the best roller coaster experiences you can ever have.

--Robb

Sorry to bring this back, just read it.

Kumba + Fourth of July = Amazing

You can see fireworks for MILES around. Even more amazing when the parks fireworks are going off as well.