TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

KI in October?

There is a good chance that I will be going to Kings Island for the first time next Friday the 16th & Saturday the 17th I will be there all day Saturday & Friday from 7 pm-1 am. I was just wondering how light or heavy the crowds get during Haunt? I know I should be able to get all of the credits both of those days (well obviously except SOB). Also are any coasters closed during the Haunt part of the day? For example Thunderhawk is closed during Haunt at Dorney but opened before the event. I would just like to know so I can get those credits first. I do not plan on doing any Haunt attractions so hopefully the lines for the coasters won't be so long. Thanks for any help!

~Matt "Could ride his 300th coaster next weekend at KI!" T.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Friday the park should be near dead. Saturday will be entirely different. Early it won't be horribly busy but as soon as Haunt starts, the place will be mobbed. As far as I know, all coasters are open. Blue Racer may be closed as it was all weekend when I was there on Sep. 26. Good luck getting all the credits.

Try to hit Flight of Fear early...I'm not sure if they will do it this year, but in years past, they have used FOF's queue line for a Haunt attraction.

Have fun!

No it is not being used as one this year. No matter how swamped Haunt is I don't think you'll have trouble getting all the credits if you're going to be there for 1.5 days. Obviously since you'll be there on two separate nights a FRONT ROW, night ride on The Beast is absolutely essential. I recommend checking out some Haunt attractions if you have time. Urgent Scare, Club Blood, and Trail of Terror were my favorites and will be worth the wait even if twice as long as the other attractions. Trail of Terror is hidden pretty well back behind Firehawk.

Only one side of Racer was running on Friday night and neither Runaway Reptar or Fairly Odd Coaster were running. In fact they had that whole section blocked off. The drop tower wasn't operating either. That's all I can think of...

EDIT: also you were allowed to wait for what row you wanted on Diamondback, a nice perk that might have only been because it was a rainy, slow day.

You should be worried about the lines for the coasters as well. I was at the Park yesterday for most of the day. Attendance was heavy, almost 40,000 guests. Beast and Diamondback's queues were over flowing and extended a good distance out into the midways. Same situation for FoF and Firehawk. The lines for the haunts were, of course, exceptionally long. Get to the Park early, as others suggested. I would knock out FoF and Firehawk FIRST as the capacity is terrible on both so the lines will no doubt be outrageous.

- Todd

^Thanks. My plan was to hit Diamondback first, FoF, then Firehawk. I guess I could hit Diamondback after FoF & Firehawk since B&M hypers have a good ride capacity. I definitely want to ride Diamondback in the early part of the day before the crowds get out of control. I'm riding the Beast 8th no matter what because I want the Beast to be #300!

You should be worried about the lines for the coasters as well. I was at the Park yesterday for most of the day. Attendance was heavy, almost 40,000 guests. Beast and Diamondback's queues were over flowing and extended a good distance out into the midways. Same situation for FoF and Firehawk. The lines for the haunts were, of course, exceptionally long. Get to the Park early, as others suggested. I would knock out FoF and Firehawk FIRST as the capacity is terrible on both so the lines will no doubt be outrageous.

- Todd

Well, yesterday was like, the first day it didn't rain. And everyone who planned on going Friday; who was rained out, went Saturday.

Attendance at 11PM Friday - A little over 1,000.

We figured it would empty out, but honestly, by 9PM I couldn't take anymore Kings Island fun.....the Park just doesn't do it for me these days. I'm not a huge Diamondback fan either, so even that wasn't enough to keep me at the Park. Besides, we ended up heading up to Land of Illusion and having an absolute blast. I forgot how good their haunts were....Kings Island could learn a thing or two.

If you could go any day(s) I'd go probably October 31st. and November 1st. The 31st. will probably be busy being a Saturday and Halloween, but Haunt isn't going on the 1st. so if you want night rides I'd go on Halloween. On the 1st. of November the park will be empty for sure, it's a Sunday and most people probably think KI's last day is the 31st. Those would be two good days to go on, but if you can only go on one day, I'd maybe go on a Thursday.

Great Wolf Lodge is located right next to the Park, depending on what your budget is for a room....its anywhere from $200-$300. Other than that, there are a few hotels at the Park exit and plenty one exit south at Fields Ertel. It may change the closer to Halloween it gets, but as of yesterday we booked a room from my iPhone last night queued up for Diamondback. You should be fine.

- Todd

Well thanks a lot for the help guys. Sadly my parents punished me because I am sucking at college so no KI However I can still stay local since it is the end of the season. I will be back at Dorney again this Saturday with some friends. If I pass my next test I might get to ride my favorite coaster ever Boulder Dash next weekend & go to Great Escape because my grandparents live near by. Oh well after my Disney College Program Internship (which is from January-August) I'm definitely going to hit KI. I might go to MOA in November & I'll just hit 300 then. If not no big deal it can wait until January when I'm on my own living in Orlando