TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GLEE

JEAPUgrad

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I tried to watch this show last year and didn't care for it too much. Then I watched the Madonna episode, liked it, but not enough to really focus on the show. This year I've watched almost every episode and didn't really like where they were going with the whole gay bullying stuff, but last nights episode was FANTASTIC!!! It may have convinced me to add the show to my DVR!

Seriously, the Evita duet was fabulous!!!! And putting Rachel in her place and making her sad really made me happy!

I was ready to give up on this show, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 4 or 5 episodes. I felt that the first 30 minutes of last night's episode were a little slow though but the ending made up for it. I am glad they are taming Rachel down a bit, I can not stand her and I don't see how anyone can be around her!

I was at the taping of the Sectionals part of this episode and it was awesome to see live. If you pause it when they are looking at the balcony you can actually see me! The dancing between Brittany and Mike was amazing live, I don't feel it came across as good on tv.

I still can't stand the show. Not one bit.

I guess I'm just not the demographic. A metal-head, gaming teenage guy? Watching a musical about high school and relationships and singing and all that? Nope.

And they had "Hey Soul Sister" on the episode my sister is watching right now... No. Just no. I despise that song.

^ I dont know, it depends. I am not a gamer and I listen to pretty much all music, but I tend to prefer Slipknot, System, Machine Head and Lamb of God over most pop... but the shows relatively funny and pretty interesting. I am not a major fan or anything, like I would never go to a convention, and I barely ever talk about the show(Im actually embarrassed that I watch it) but its not bad.

Oh yes... Soul sister is the worst piece of pop infested filth to ever be written... everyone involved in the song should face cruel and unusual punishment for raping my ear with its terribleness. That is literally how much I hate that song... it is my least favorite...EVER!

Edited by the ghost

^^Everyone has different taste.

Anywho...

I'm SO GLAD that these past few episodes weren't focusing on a theme or a big star coming in. It's about damn time Glee has a plot that starts moving forward rather than staying in one spot.

I don't think Kurt will last at his new school. He IS part of the New Directions Glee Club. You could tell that at his new school (I forget the name) that he wasn't too fond of how he can't stick out. I think that the episode foreshadowed him coming back to McKinley High.

Poor Puck Oh well. He's still hot.

So... Um... What's with the new girl in the Glee Club? I felt like adding a new member to the club was important but she really wasn't focused on at all. What was with her saying "I hate show choir" right before the show and refusing to eat/drink (I think? I might be confusing it with something else) then working her ass off during the performance?

I don't think Kurt will last at his new school. He IS part of the New Directions Glee Club. You could tell that at his new school (I forget the name) that he wasn't too fond of how he can't stick out. I think that the episode foreshadowed him coming back to McKinley High.

^ Like I suggested before, previous page... Agree with you totally, btw.

The "new girl" saved Puck from the porta-potty, he asked her to join the club, she said something to the effect of "whatever"... and there she is/was! I notice they pretty much kept her upstage centre, and the camera edits barely showed her, IMhO. But she was there and hoofin' along, so have to give the actress and the writers cred for that, lol.

But I heard her say "show choir sucks," too. So... whatever, lol - I think she's just going to be a "seat filler" until Kurt gets back to the club. Or she may become "the surprise hit" of the second part of the season in the new year. And Kurt could still come back too, even with her still as part of the group, hmm? Never know (now) with this show, right?

I found the last number of the episode interesting ONLY because they were all in their "normal school clothes" for it, which I found... well, 'unusual' to see done that way, for them. I thought the number (musically) was all over the place for the group. But still, it made for a nice finale to the episode.

And - that INSANE DANCING by Brittany and Mike (and the whole group actually, when they moved together) in the second club number onstage, was awesome!

And "Soul Sister" was my fave number of the night, lol!

After the "Rocky Horror" and the "Gweneth Paltrow HORRID" episode, the show has really redeemed it'self for me the past few weeks. I think the Singing in the Rain number on the Gweneth episode was my absolute least favorite Glee number ... EVER.

The wedding episode was great, and the scenes between Rachel and Kurt in the last episode were really well done.

I don't think Kurt is long for the new school, he enjoys being an individual too much to conform like they want him too ... and I think that may be the point of the whole thing.

I actually quite liked the Gwyneth Paltrow episode. While unrealistic, I though Singin' in the Rain was fun and upbeat, and I really liked that they flooded the stage. I wouldn't say there's been a recent episode I haven't liked - they're all about equal to me. I really wish there had been more buildup to Sectionals in previous episodes. I'd say Santana's song was my favorite. I liked Sam and Quinn also, but they really have to stop entering through the halls - its getting old.

Just my two cents

I actually really liked the Gwyneth Paltrow episode. I though she did a really good job (I liked "Forget a Lot"). Admittedly the Singing in the Rain/Umbrella combination would have been better without Singing in the Rain.

The main thing I dislike about the show this season is that they don't sing nearly as much as they did before. One episode had like three songs in it.

Apparently Rachel is going to sing O Holy Night which I am really looking forward to. And they need to get some Phantom on the show stat!

This was a surprisingly awesome Christmas special. I liked all the songs they chose and loved the whole Grinch thing they incorporated into the episode...it was funny and very christmasy.

There is a spoiler below...I will post in quotes. For those who have seen the episode read the spoiler and tell me if you agree

SPOILER BELOW

Was I the only one incredibly impressed by how they had Artie walk? I was expecting the mother of all cliches where he comes running at them, instead I get a device that makes him walk. This was the shows high point because I am so happy they did something plausible as opposed to him running out at his friends

What do you guys think?

Spoiler in response to spoiler

I really doubt the creators were going to jump the shark by having Artie walk out and go "hey guys, it's a Christmas miracle! I woke up this morning and was magically able to walk again." I don't think any writers are that dumb.

That being said, I thought the episode was really good. I loved the songs from old Christmas specials and loved the whole Grinch thing; especially with Brittany sporting Cindy Lou Who hair and the club singing the same song the Whos do after the Grinch stole their Christmas.

• 1 month later...

^ No that was a definite 'exchange of words' in the lyrics there, Mark. Glee for We, lol.

And happy days!

Congrats to Chris Colfer, Jane Lynch and GLEE too, for their respective Golden Globe wins!

^ Aww, such a meanie you are, Elissa!

And Chris' acceptance speech was wonderful to hear. Jane's too, lol!

And ^^ just so you (and others) don't miss out, apparently (what I read, lately?) GLEE is actually airing it's first episode of the year on Sunday, Feb.6... right after the Super Bowl?!!

And I thought the show wasn't starting up again until a Tues.night in February, as well. Hmmm.

Stay tuned for further details.

(EDIT to add: I also want to push for Dot-Marie Jones who plays "Bieste" to get a Supp.Emmy nom this year. Possible? I think so!)

(EDIT to add: I also want to push for Dot-Marie Jones who plays "Bieste" to get a Supp.Emmy nom this year. Possible? I think so!)

I agree, Bill! Love her!

Wish I had seen Chris Colfer's win. I was at work, last night, and only caught bits and pieces, in patient rooms. I think my patients who had the Globe telecast on got a little extra attention.

^ Hope you caught Chris' win and speech on YouTube or something similar, Monica.

It was (to me) one of those really great awards night 'moments'. And I am really hoping he gets to repeat what he said or simliar if not even more inspiring at the EMMYS in Sept.(Please, nom.committee?) Or any other awards they would like to give to him, heh heh.

And between the "Never Been Kissed" and the "Christmas'" episode, I became totally in awe & love with Jones (and of course the GLEE writers that gave her the wonderful things to do and say for each one). And the little chat with Bieste and Sue in that one changing room scene ("Don't spray each other with foot spray!" Then, after Sue leaves.....pffft! ....then back to the guys... "No.") .... great tv.

There's always room for another nomination, I'd say.