TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GLEE

JEAPUgrad

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE Glee. I was looking forward to the Britney episode, but I actually didn't like it. I thought that Heather and the rest of the cast did a fantastic job on recreating Brit Brit's music videos to a T. The dancing was spot on. But the episode felt really wierd and made no sense. I feel like the reason why the Madonna episode worked well in my opinion, is because the songs they choose to do helped move the story along and made sense for the characters storylines. Other than Artie's version of Britney's "Stronger", none of the other songs went well with the story. My actual favorite song of the night was the last song that Rachael sang at the end (a non-Britney song). I loved last week's season opener episode, so this week was a real let-down. I really hope that these "tribute"/stunt casting episodes are very few. I know there were rumors after the Madonna episode that there may be a second Madonna episode in the future. I really hope that this is not true and if it does happen it is not until way, way down the line of the series. I don't want this series to be too gimmicky and turn into the Love Boat/WIll & Grace of stunt guest star shows. On the plus side, it looks like next week's episode should bring the show back on track. FIngers crossed!

Glee sucked last night.

I really have to agree. I get that they were all take-offs of Britney Spears music videos, and it was nice to see Brittany get some screen time, but it was waaaaayyyy racier than usual.

Maybe it's just because I was watching it with my mom.

I found tonight's episode rather mellow...honestly. I'm used to the craziness that comes from the cast, I don't know if I like Glee tackling big issues like religion...it was awkward I think. Although Mercedes was rockin' out tonight!

I liked last nights episode. It had a good balance of serious and funny. Oh, and I don't think there is anything wrong with them talking about issues like religion. It makes people think about things and make their own decision. I got a big knot in my throat when Sue's sister said, "God doesn't make mistakes" though.

This is the only show that can make me laugh and cry at the same time. Man, I feel like such a loser getting all teary about a TV show...

When Glee talks, people listen. This is why they're writing in big topics like religion and homosexuality. They've got a big megaphone. And I applaud them using it for something other than sex.

Not that that's a problem.

Britney Episode: First time I realized the girl who plays Britney (Heather Morris) is really freakin' hot. Other than that, the episode was a miss for me.

Cheesus Episode: I thought it played a nice "middle of the road" between faith/anti-faith and did it with class. Brought up some REAL issues (church not accepting of all people) and really did it in a nice way. Of course, people are already complaining and being offended by it ... which doesn't surprise me.

I liked the Britney episode better than Cheesus. Although Cheesus had a much better story line, I had really been hoping to see Kurt do Bridge Over Troubled Water. Mercedes was my second choice, but I thought the song was barely recognizable! Anyway, I think the Britney episode was much more exciting than Cheesus, and while I think they did a fairly good job of dealing with religious issues, I really wish they would stop giving themes to each episode. The first Madonna was good. Then Gaga, Journey, Britney, a Religion episode (which isn't quite the same, but a theme nonetheless), and now a rumored second Madonna. Regardless, its a good show. I just don't think every episode should have a gimmick.

One of those last shots, with poor poor Brittany pushing her meatball up thru the plate......

= bizarrely priceless.

I thought it was a good episode. So, now it's to be

"Sam & Quinn - Quinn & Sam

Lemon juiced and Yes I Am!"

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it's a good one, tonight.

I mean, I remember when the stage show opened in London, let alone the movie of it, LOL!

"Touch-a touch-a touch-a Touch! me....

GleeRockyHorrorShow.jpg.41c734a05bf006b67ee484e3999e8749.jpg

...I wanna be dirrrrrrrty!" (o:

Anyone know why Glee has moved to once every two weeks? Has there been any reason given? I figured it was a one time thing with Rocky Horror, but after tonight's episode they said the next new episode is in two weeks...I'm confused.

^ I also really enjoyed the Rocky episode. I thought they did a good job considering they were trying to do a pretty risque show as a high school production number. I thought it worked out really well.

Anyone know why Glee has moved to once every two weeks? Has there been any reason given? I figured it was a one time thing with Rocky Horror, but after tonight's episode they said the next new episode is in two weeks...I'm confused.

Not sure why last week, I know a lot of shows were off last week. Next week Glee is off because the Worlds Series begins tonight on Fox. Maybe that may run through next week?

Anyone else really loving Raising Hope? That is my favorite new show of the season!