TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GLEE

JEAPUgrad

I think it's mostly because I read an interview a while back where the director specifically said they were not going to have Idina be her mother, so I'm wondering why/when they changed it.

They probably had it planned that way from the beginning. They aren't going to announce it in an interview though. There would be no suprise.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Well she flat out said that the reason she sent Jessie was so that Rachel could find her. Granted, it might be more than that, but we'll see.

I'm not buying for a second the only (or real) motive is her being Rachel's mom. I think this could make the rest of the season interesting.

It's funny that you made that connection. I always think of the Mills Brothers singing that song. It's been covered by pretty much everyone on the planet, I think!

I didn't like the Brian Ryan storyline at all.

I didn't think I'd like the Rachel/Shelby story, but I actually got chills when they started singing!

I'm also 18, so it makes sense for me to make the muppet vision connection, mainly cause I dont know who the Mills Brothers are.

It's funny that you made that connection. I always think of the Mills Brothers singing that song. It's been covered by pretty much everyone on the planet, I think!

I'm also 18, so it makes sense for me to make the muppet vision connection, mainly cause I dont know who the Mills Brothers are.

And then there's me, ancient at 19, thinking that the definitive version of Dream a Little Dream was by Mama Cass.

The Safety Dance cover was EPIC!! They even did the dance!!! I really enjoyed this episode - and although Sue was only in it breifly - she OWNED.

The duet between Shelby and Rachael was, in a word, amazing.

I love this show - and cannot wait for the absurdness that will be the Lady GaGa/Kiss episode.

Squeeel!

Newest edition of Entertainment Weekly has on it's cover, Sue (Jane Lynch) throwing a BLUE SLUSHIE into our adoring gaze, LOL! Title on cover: "GLEE Makes A Splash!". Awesome.

Cover story about the show's success, how-they're-doing-now season, and what's in the fall!

And other great stuff!!!

And in it, there's "stuff about Gaga" including a pic of a few of the girls .... well, it's something.

Issue # 1104 - May 28/10

Woo hoo!

(Issue ALSO has a look at new Harry PotterVerse in IOA at Universal! Bonus GLEE!)

^ I agree. I actually thought tonights episode was REALLY good besides the poker face cover. I found it really funny that that was the song she chose to sing with her mother, but the rest was really good. The vampire bit was funny enough, and all the songs besides poker face were fun, similar to how they were in sub season 1.

I enjoyed it much better than I thought I was going to.

Still in a "Lost" frame of mind, lol.

Lady GaGa and KISS numbers were fun and everything I'd hoped they'd do with/to them.

And Santana rawked! And Brittany with the lobster head. Freakazoid babe!

I wish that Quinn had removed her feather eyelashes when Puck and the guys were singing "Beth." More eye contact would have made better drama, I felt. But that's okay. She still looked and reacted great. I <3 Dianna Agron.

I didn't know the number "Poker Face" (sorry, didn't know Gaga's songbook) so that was unexpected and totally beguiling for me, watching and listening to them duet. It was Glee Magick, for me.

And the intense Curt-Dad-Finn scene... wow. What a bolt that was.

The only thing I thought wasn't going far enough, anywhere, were the big bullies. I had the feeling there was going to be more of a punchline at the end of the episode with them. And it didn't turn that way, IMhO. But that was okay. The GaGa and KISS outfits looked great in the hallway too, LOL!

omg

Only (gasp) a couple more episodes to go? Say it isn't so!!!

Edited by Nrthwnd

I really really liked the Pokerface cover. I agree that it wasn't at all the mother-daughter song I had in mind, haha, but I really liked the cover. It could be because I've grown to dislike the original for being overplayed, but I just liked it.

I also agree that the Curt-Dad-Finn scene was intense!

I think overall it was a really good episode!

The Lady Gaga episode, I thought it was cringe worthy which is saying a lot coming from me.

Also, I agree with Finn getting mad, thet gay kid throws himself at him and expects him not to react? Bitch please, not everyone is gay.

I actually got into a debate with a friend over that.

I said I understood where Fynn was coming from and Kurt kinda deserved the lashing.

She said that nobody should get that kind of lashing.

Although, she's going through a stand up for equal rights because men (especially straight men) are wrong about everything kind of phase right now.

I think Kurt, Finn, and Burt's reactions are all understandable and believable. Kurt and Finn are confused teens. I had a few hopeless crushes, in my day, that led me to some cringe-worthy behavior. Nothing quite as over-the-top as Kurt, but that's his character. I agree that he needed to be knocked down a few pegs, and I think that is why he had tears in his eyes, and why he tried to stop his dad. He knew he screwed up, and pushed Finn over the edge.

I can relate to Finn, too, because my mom and step-father got married my freshman year in high-school, and I didn't take it very well. We lived across the street from each other, my whole life, and he was the chair of the social studies department in my high school. Maybe not as bad as having to share a room with someone who has an inappropriate crush on me, but awkward, nonetheless. And people around me threw around racial/homophobic slurs all the time. I didn't think anything of it, until I left my white, Catholic hometown for college, and discovered a world that was a whole lot more multicultural than the one I grew up in.

And I just love Burt. LOVE him. Great character, great actor. Love that he's a little dense (yes, he should have known this would be disaster,) but struggles to do right by his kid.

I thought that was an amazing scene that hit the exact right notes for each of the characters.

I'm pretty far removed from pop culture - I don't think I've ever actually heard a Lady Gaga song before, but I thought the Bad Romance performance was great fun.

This is one of my favorite episodes.

I'd also like to point out that the Poker Face cover is actually the version Gaga sings live for the most part. Its a very rare occasion I hear the studio version live.

Oh, and checking in - total Gleek. I love Kurt's character, and Mercedes...yeah just another gay guy here

Tonight's episode was.....wierd.

Wierd and.....FUN ---- KY!

And I am loving Dianna Agron/Quinn more and more and more!

Give this actress an EMMY nomination this fall! Please!!!

Her "pre-funk number" scene with the cast was great.

Her funk number was bizarre and awesome at the same time.

And her "come move in with us" scene with Amber Riley/Mercedes was wonderful.

I just love her!

And Sue - and Will - and.....omg.

This more than made up for Sue not being in last week's ep.

So - who got the Funk now, hmm?

I absolutely loved last nights episode! I got my "Sue Time" and it definitely made up for last weeks dearth of Sue. Also - at the start, I said to myself that they just had to use a George Clinton song - and lo and behold - the last number was E-P-I-C!

^ HAHA! Too true! Though I'm not sure I could ever peg one single favorite Sue moment. I am glad that we got so much Sue time this week, though!

I also think it's building up to the finale really nicely, and I'm excited to see how it all plays out!

I know I'm probably not the only one, but I *HATED* the ending to this weeks episode, I liked the song (which leads me to a whole of the rant of the second half of Glee being just the same songs as the originals with different singers as opposed to more of the first half of the season where it was different enough from the original version to be memorable) but I wanted blood shed for what they did to Rachel lol, none of this take taking the high road bullshhh they did lol. Oh well, I'm really freaking excited for next weeks episode and I don't want it to end yet!