TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GLEE

JEAPUgrad

Oh, and "Physical" and Olivia and SUE! were great! Now, I'm expecting nothing less from the writers and orchestrator to give Jane Lynch a great number or three, through the rest of this season.

Ugh I hope not, I love Jane Lynch, and her "singing" Vogue was fine since Madonna isn't a great singer, but they autotuned her voice SO much for Physical I skipped passed the song, I also hated "Ice Ice baby" and "You Can't Touch This" but hey you can't please everyone.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

That's true about them auto-tuning her voice. But I still enjoyed it. It was fun for the chessiness that it was, IMhO. Maybe she'll get something "softer" to sing, later on.

Shuster said at the beginning, these were all numbers that were lame and didn't improve with age. So the challenge was to make something out of them, however bad they still sounded. Or were written. I think they did okay, under the circumstances of which ones were picked.

And the actress playing Brittany can really move! She was totally in it for Ice Ice, and then just as intense for Can'tTouchThis.

The episode worked for me, even knowing the numbers weren't going to be ones I wanted to ever hear again, lol.

I loved this episode, and I agree that Brittany (the actress) can move! I'm glad others are singing more this season, but I really love it when Rachael belts one out!

Also - Total Eclipse of the Heart is one of my FAVORITE cheesy songs. Bonnie Tyler is awesome.

Agreed that Brittany is a great dancer! I remember her getting cut in the final rounds on So You Think You Can Dance a few seasons ago so I'm glad to see she's successful now.

The episode worked for me, even knowing the numbers weren't going to be ones I wanted to ever hear again, lol.

That's exactly how I felt. I didn't run to buy the songs on iTunes like I did with Hello and the Madonna episode, but I felt like the songs fit with the stories so it worked well.

^ IMHO, if they balance the "Singer" episodes with the more natural episodes, it will work fine. Kind of like Plot Development episodes (which can get a bit convoluted) with the over the top craziness to balance it out.

Plus - I'm eager to see how they handle the just plain nutty weirdness that a Lady Gaga episode can be.

But - in the meantime...

In between (that) time...

Let's have Neil Patrick Harris this Tuesday's ep!

Also directed by Joss Whedon, who guided Dr.Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!

Also directed by Joss Whedon, who guided Dr.Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!

More importantly, Firefly and Serenity!!! (there needs to be a nerd smilie)

Even more important than that - Buffy The Vampire Slayer!

The musical episode, "Once More With Feeling" is one of my all time favorite Buffy episodes!

Dream on and Piano Man were both amazing. I also loved the episode in general, it is so much better now that they are focusing on more characters than Rachel and Fin. Also, who INSTANTLY recognized the final song which Artie sang as the song Miss Piggy sings in muppet vision 3d? Still a great show!

Am I the only person who thinks the second half of this season's storyline sucks?

The first half of the season was great. There were a lot more funny moments and all the characters seemed to have their own individual storylines going. So far this season it's mostly about Rachel and her new beau, Kurt's dad getting with Fin's mom, and Mercedes and the Cheerios.

There hasn't been much going on between Will and Emma, no where near as much Sue Sylvester in each episode, nothing going on with Quinn and the baby....

And overall with the exception of the Madonna episode, I haven't been too impressed with the song choices either.

Your thoughts?

Am I the only person who thinks the second half of this season's storyline sucks?

The first half of the season was great. There were a lot more funny moments and all the characters seemed to have their own individual storylines going. So far this season it's mostly about Rachel and her new beau, Kurt's dad getting with Fin's mom, and Mercedes and the Cheerios.

There hasn't been much going on between Will and Emma, no where near as much Sue Sylvester in each episode, nothing going on with Quinn and the baby....

And overall with the exception of the Madonna episode, I haven't been too impressed with the song choices either.

Your thoughts?

I kind of don't agree with any of this. Especially seeing as you listed several different story lines which are all going on, also, I feel Sue has had a lot more screen time than the first half of the season.

I do agree that this half of the season is not as exciting though.

^^I see the problem of they are trying to do way too many storyline as major ones over many episodes. With doing that the Will/Emma story has been at best skipped over. Mix that with "artist only" episodes skipping most stories, we are left with the season as it is.

I loved all of the scenes with Neil Patrick Harris. Dream On was amazing! I'm not sure how I feel about the Idina Menzel/Rachel storyline. I think it's mostly because I read an interview a while back where the director specifically said they were not going to have Idina be her mother, so I'm wondering why/when they changed it.

Also, who INSTANTLY recognized the final song which Artie sang as the song Miss Piggy sings in muppet vision 3d? Still a great show!
I was wondering why that song sounded so familiar!

It's funny that you made that connection. I always think of the Mills Brothers singing that song. It's been covered by pretty much everyone on the planet, I think!

I didn't like the Brian Ryan storyline at all.

I didn't think I'd like the Rachel/Shelby story, but I actually got chills when they started singing!

I thought the Brian Ryan story line was more harsh than I thought they were going to write it.

But hey - he was bitter, angry, revengeful. And then that .... uh.... thing with Sue? I LOL at that. "Upstairs room, just like Letterman." Priceless.

"Piano Man" was fun in the bar.

"Dream On" was creative, jumping around on what was supposed to be the Les Miz set being built, heh heh.

I really enjoyed how they figured out how to get Artie up and out of his chair for "Safety Dance."

It was kind of "WTF's going on?" at first... and then I 'got it', all in his head etc. And it was cool. Enjoyed that.

That must have been an interesting mass audition for that number, lol. And after re-watching (taped) I did notice some of the regular cast were there in the group-dancing, here and there. Wonder which mall it was done at?

The end song was sweet too. Loved how Quinn's hand went to Arie's shoulder when they came dancing by. Very sweet touch.

And well, I guess they figured Menzel was too good a singing opportunity to pass up, as Rachel's (mystery) mom, lol.

More Drama! More Anguish! More DUETS!

And, ready for this GLEE casting suggestion?.....

Daughter = Michele

Mother = Idina

Gran'Mama = Patti !

Edited by Nrthwnd