TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GLEE

JEAPUgrad

That said, I hope they don't start making too many episodes or "every other episode" artist-specific, like Spears or Lady Ga Ga. The Madonna one was great, and it should remain a standout (so far) in their current set of episodes. But I still like it that for the most part, we never really know (unless we look it up ahead of time, etc.) what they're going to be singing/performing... until the episode airs.

I am worried the series might go that route. What I loved about the first part of season one (or however they split the episodes) was the randomness of the songs. While I love the Madonna episode (which I was not expecting to) one or two artist only episodes a season should be the cap.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^The music normally varies, but stays in the pop realm. This was the first artist-specific episode. There's a Lady Gaga episode in the works. And PerezHilton.com is reporting that Britney Spears is interested in an all-Britney episode.

http://perezhilton.com/2010-04-24-attention-glee-make-this-happen

I saw an interview somewhere at one point in my life with Lea Michelle that in that same episode, the guys get to dress up as Kiss while the girls are doing Gaga, so not a full episode to her and that's a good thing. And screw Britney!

Just read in our weekly tv guide for next week, the episode airing that Tuesday (May 4) will be the one Sue gets to "get physical" with... Olivia Newton John!

Woo hoo!

Can't wait for the Olivia Newton John cameo next week.

Last night was great with Kurt and Mercedes getting solos, and anything with Kristen Chenowith is AWESOME, but it was odd that Rachael didn't have any solos.

LOVE Kurt and his father!!!!! And Finn and his mom! I've loved these relationships, all along, so this episode was a real treat, for me.

I liked the Mercedes storyline, too.

Didn't much care for the Madonna episode. I think they're pushing the Sue character too far into cartoon villain territory.

Still love the show, though!

^ On that note, heh heh...

Just got the Madonna GLEE cd today - and am just finishing up the first listening...

It is soooo satisfying to now listen to these numbers, out of context with the episode and the visual, and really enjoy the full-out orchestrations and harmonizing of this great "Group of Seven" from the cast. Even Voguing Jane Lynch... HAH!

But - fave three CD tracks right now...

Express Yourself

What It Feels Like, For a Girl

Four Minutes

Yes! I loved the full-out version of Four MinutesI It rawked. I think it's the first time we've got a high school marching band within a pop song, in the house LOL!

Although I am certain that Jane Lynch will most certainly gain a Supporting EMMY nom this coming fall, I am really REALLY hoping that by some chance they would also give one to Dianna Agron who plays Quinn.

What started out as a usual b**ch role has really evolved and become quite an acting turn for Agron. The writers and her have really made the character a wonderful part to watch and enjoy.

One can only hope, heh. And I'm still hoping they somehow 'bend rules' and give out an EMMY for Best Ensemble In a Series.

Edited by Nrthwnd

My my, just when they get a cd out on the Madonna episode....

Being released May 18 thru Amazon.com - your choice of the "Regular" cd (w/14 showstoppers) or the "DELUXE" (w/20!).

The show's Madonna episode also got a great review in the current issue of Entertainment Weekly (#1101-May 07) with "future possibilities" of other singers' songbooks being looked at. AND a nice little mention on another page about the actresses playing that dynamic Cheerios duo Brittany & Santana (Heather Morris and Naya Rivera) getting "upgraded to full-fledged series regulars next season"...

And I thought they were series "regulars" now. And funny. A lot.

And the sold-out live tour starts soon.

Busy busy.

GleeShowstoppers.jpg.5309539b360802e6f3ea301df5ae682e.jpg

You can have your GLEE Showstoppers Vol.3 in a 14-pack...

GleeShowstoppersDeluxe.jpg.1569670fc4d011d29c5b862b29cda576.jpg

Or the (probable) more-wanted 20-song DELUXE cd!

I also enjoyed getting to hear the other guys sing. I've always thought Puck has the best male voice (maybe not now that Jesse's in the picture) so I'm happy when he gets solos.

Physical was hilarious. I actually found it more entertaining than Vogue (probably an unpopular opinion).

In case any of you were interested I got this in my email today:

Glee VIP Package

Where:Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal City Walk, Universal City, CA

When:5/22 at 2pm (Matinee)

Price:$295

Premium Access

Get access to the Ultimate Glee Fan Package!

Ultimate Glee Fan Package includes:

- A reserved ticket in the first 13 rows

- Pre-show party

- Glee gift bag, including exclusive merchandise

- Ultimate Glee commemorative laminate

- And more!

To purchase: Go to ILoveAllAccess.com

I also enjoyed getting to hear the other guys sing. I've always thought Puck has the best male voice (maybe not now that Jesse's in the picture) so I'm happy when he gets solos.

Physical was hilarious. I actually found it more entertaining than Vogue (probably an unpopular opinion).

I'm agreed with you 100% on both of those. Physical was hilarious and I'm amazed Olivia Newton John still looks that good. Even as someone who does not like Madonna (ducks stuff being thrown at me) I enjoyed Vogue, but most people love her, thus the insane love for that video.

I waited till I was sure of it, but am now posting that for me, THIS was the episode that made me feel the new season was really off and running, LOL!

Apart from the Madonna ep (will we ever stop mentioning Her Name - probably never, LOL), the other two were good, but I wasn't fully happy with them. For one reason or another.

This one I loved, from beginning to end.

Even as wierd as it got (Can'tTouchThis in the library!), even with Rachel's (nasty) brilliant autour film, care of Artie's A/V department, lol.

I think the end-song was fine. It was still about Rachel, but that was okay. It made it's point about playing games with others for your own agenda - and it backfiring big time. IMhO.

Good show.

Oh, and "Physical" and Olivia and SUE! were great! Now, I'm expecting nothing less from the writers and orchestrator to give Jane Lynch a great number or three, through the rest of this season.

I'm hoping...