TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cypress Falls - RCT2 Coaster

Should I submit the coaster now?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should I submit the coaster now?

• Yes
    • No
    • Add more buildings, trees etc. and then submit

I was playing around with RCT2 and came up with this coaster design. It is practically finished, but if you have any suggestions to improve it, they would be greatly appreciated.

As in the title, I am looking to submit it to NE as a design, please vote in the poll if you think I should/shouldn't.

Thanks in advance.

Logo

Overview

Overview

Close-up

Close-up

What do you think?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, as far as the foliage goes, less is definatley more. The map looks a bit too overcrowded with trees to me. A couple more buildings will definatly help as long as they are themed correctly. I also think the coaster is slightly over supported.

Just my two cents, otherwise good layout. Although, being brutely honest, I don't think it'll make Design.

Eric "honesty is one of my middle names" Lucas

First off all your layout isn't good and realistic enouggh for a design, for what I can see you archy lacks detail and is way too blocky and simplistic, foliage is way too repetitive and contains too much full-tile trees

Sort out the foliage and archy first they think of a better layout to start with

On a much more positive note (^) I think you have done a great job with this coaster. I really enjoy the layout of the coaster and think it has a nice selection of hills, turns and low-to-the-ground sections. Great job. In addition, I think that you have done a brilliant job with the supports. I also like the midway that is next to the coaster and the water, made the coaster really interactive. My advice though, would be to add some more buildings and a couple fewer trees and then submit! I don't see why not (^), you have to start somewhere and you have done a great job so far.

Architecture

I don't want to sound overconfident but hs archy isn't on the level that gets you design, I'm working on a design as of lately and its looks way more detailed, less blocky and layout-wise better thought through than this, no offense here stoksy but you need to sort out these things before thinking of building in the first place, I always skecth my layouts first to see if they flow, draw where I want my buildings, point out my queue's.

My advice is to check out designs over at NE and try recreating the buildings you like style-wise, get a grasp of how the buildings work and flow, look at foliage composition, colours and overall structure of the park your building, get a concept and they work on it because this looks like you started with a blank map and no refined idea to start with.

Before opening a workbench KNOW what you want to build and how you want it to look, also don't be afraid to put a LOT of effort into it, foliage is a tough one for you I reckon in the screen and take your time to make look organised while still remaining a natural feel to it because now it just looks random to me.

Again I don't want to sound like mr.Pro here but I think if you really want that front page I suggest taking this advice and start working on something fresh and refined.

Belgian "not trying to be an @ss" Guy

Am I the only one having a hard time seeing the track?

My only real suggestion is to change the color of the track a bit, and remove some trees so that it is easier to establish what is the ride and what are its surroundings.

On another note... Ouch, BG.

I don't mind at all, I posted this expecting a bit of criticism and that's what I got. I think I'll keep the layout, with all the supports, and set-out getting rid-of some of those trees...

Just as a side note: I used about five different types of trees, does it look repetitive because they look a similar colour, or are there just too many of them?

Thanks for all the comments BTW.