TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR 2010 Trips Thread

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We have filled the IntimidaTour spot, but one spot has just opened up for the Middle America Tour!

Also as a reminder we have a few spots open for Europe (but will be closing that trip very soon!), and one spot open for Oktoberfest!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We're now all filled up for all Summer trips!

There may still be room in Oktoberfest so contact me for details.

I will post here if we have any last minute drops.

Hope to see you all on a future TPR Trip if you didn't make it in one this year.

oh well,

I never meant to start that kind of "expensiveness" discussion, if I ever did. No question TPR trips are great value, but its up to everyone how much money youre gonna spend. And the octoberfest is gonna be tempting. Thats all I had to say. But to make things easier for all you poor travellers, I think I have a treat for you. Last year I met a dude who brews at home. Since I am gonna meet up with TPR anyway this year, I wonder if there is any request for "TPR BREW" around here? I might ask my friend to brew a few gallons of ExCeLlEnT beer of any kind TPR would choose, and it would come in swingtops or kegs, for you to take back home, and to mention it, it would be even more genuine bavarian stuff than that already good brew you get at the fest.

How about that for you Bud/Miller/micro brew slaves?

• 3 weeks later...

So, as Europa Park im my local park, I would LOVE to be there when TPR hits the park...I don`t expect much attention...just like to be there and maybe have a little contact.

Is it possible to get the information when you`ll arrive and leave Europa Park ??? It would be nice, if possible, to get this information soon so I can plan this a littlebit...

Thanks in advance...

GeorgeT

So, as Europa Park im my local park, I would LOVE to be there when TPR hits the park...I don`t expect much attention...just like to be there and maybe have a little contact.

Is it possible to get the information when you`ll arrive and leave Europa Park ??? It would be nice, if possible, to get this information soon so I can plan this a littlebit...

Thanks in advance...

GeorgeT

Here is what is difficult about meeting up with while we are on tour. Both days we are at Europa Park we have ERT in the morning so the tour group will already be in the park prior to park opening. The way our tours usually work is that ERT will end just before park opening and most of the group will disperse to different parts of the park to get a head start to various attractions. By the time the public is let in, most of the group is now split up and have gone their own way.

We don't travel through the park as one big group, and we are not able to allow anyone who is not on the official tour to enter the park with us, unless it's a day we are opening up to Club TPR members.

So I can tell you that we will be at Europa on July 1st and 2nd, but I can't guarantee that any of us will be able to meet up. By the time you are let into the park, it will not be possible for us to have a meeting point because the group has already split up.

I'm sorry of this sounds a bit anti-social or rude, but it's just kind of how things are while on tours. We used to try to help people to meet up more, but that wound up being a LOT more work for Elissa and myself where not only we'd have to worry about making sure our tour group people are in the right place at the right time, but then we'd have to go run across the park to meet up with other people, and run back across the park to meet up with our park associates to sort out lunches or other activities, and we wound up not having any time to ourselves to enjoy the day.

What I *DO* recommend is that if you know someone who is on the tour, arrange a meet-up time with that person at some point during the day. Or, if you don't know anyone on the tour, please visit the park on your own, but we recommend you come with a friend because it may very well be likely that, even though TPR is in the park that day, you might not run into many of us! Remember, there are only about 80 people on that trip and the park may get tens of thousands of visitors each day!

I hope you can understand this. And when possible, we WILL open up some days to Club TPR members who will be able to come join in on the fun during our tours!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Hey, that's more info than I got when I asked about Liseberg!

Oh well.

George, this is a very good recommendation. Come with a friend (whether it be someone on the Trip or not). When I was going to meet TPR at Liseberg, it was said (either in the official Thread or in the FAQs) to bring a friend as the group will split up and there might not be much chance of "hanging out" with the group for long periods of time. I did so, and just by chance I happen to see Robb as I was having a burger so I jumped at the chance, said hi, then Robb had to go his way, and I had to finish my food.

I kept an eye open for TPR members, but I was very concentrated on Blue TPR Bags so I might have missed many (for the color had changed and not all were wearing them) and so I didn't find any TPR people for half the time I was in the park. But I wasn't completely bored because I had brought a friend. Then after my friend felt she had enough and went home, I stuck around a little bit longer and finally recognized Big Mike and found that there was this Big Mike group consisting of Dave, Lou, and a few others. Had nice long chats, followed them to the different attractions, and went home when the park closed.

Do note that if you are too obnoxious a group may try to lose you, or kill you.

Ok, can't confirm this rumor. Robb?

Edited by Edward

Last year I met a dude who brews at home. Since I am gonna meet up with TPR anyway this year, I wonder if there is any request for "TPR BREW" around here? I might ask my friend to brew a few gallons of ExCeLlEnT beer of any kind TPR would choose, and it would come in swingtops or kegs, for you to take back home, and to mention it, it would be even more genuine bavarian stuff than that already good brew you get at the fest.

How about that for you Bud/Miller/micro brew slaves?

Well, considering what time of year we will be there, I think the only logical choice would be a marzen!!

And some of us would rather die than drink Bud or Miller!! I can't wait to get some andechser and other stuff we don't get here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear Robb...

First of all let me thank you sooooo much for this kind and extensive answer. I didn`t expect that...

I`m gonna be there and watch out for you guys...and OF COURSE I`m gonna hug everyone wearing a TPR shirt...though I don`t know any of you in person...I don`t mind.

Morning ERT on Blue Fire...Hmmm...I know this baby sooo good...the ride will be fun, of course...but far away from it`s full potential. Hope you guys will have some real good afternoon rides and hot weather later...FRONT ROW (For BF being a total front row ride IMHO) !

For those who know the haunted castle already...some really good new effects/monsters are gonna wait for you and SILVERSTAR has the best season ever...

So I´m shure you`re gonna have a VERY good time...and if I don`t get you in the park I´m gonna get you in the Colosseo Bar later...hopefully.

Last Question : You`re gonna be at the Colosseo already on the 30. of July in the evening, right ???

To make things clear...the hugging-thing was, of course, just a joke. Don`t want anyone to be afraid of me running around there and grabbing people I don`t know.

But I`m absolutely not shure about Elissa...I wonder how fast she`ll be running away from me...while you, Robb, will be hopefully concentrated on something totally else. PEACE !

So I can tell you that we will be at Europa on July 1st and 2nd, but I can't guarantee that any of us will be able to meet up. By the time you are let into the park, it will not be possible for us to have a meeting point because the group has already split up.

--Robb

Spooky - we will be in Europa on at least one of those days. This was planned last year, and now we get to

be there on the same day as the Europe Trip.

Not looking to meet up - unless by random/accident...... although I will have kids for rent if required for kiddie credits

Regards

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

@ TPR brew

--------------

Unfortunately (but fortunately?) my brewer buddy decided to spent his summer in a mountain cabin. So - no brew for the few. Since the feedback wasn´t too big, I figure only 20-50 TPR people will be really p***ed off at me now. Don´t worry, just stick to Augustiner and everything will be alright

And I´m gonna help you stick to it ... see you nerds later

MfG Norman

though... I could still organize a very special event for an exclusive group of say 10 - 12 people out of the already exclusive Octoberfest crew at my place, about an hour away from Munich. Only in the very likley case you would get bored of hanging around in the big town. The options would be:

- a pinball tournament at my house (on my Williams Firepower)

- a dart tournament at my house

- a kubb tournament (viking game, kinda like chess and bowling combined)

- spareribs/hamburger/hotdog bbq on my old and battered Weber grill

- weird local beer and people

How about that for breakfast?

Edited by KrautWithAltitude

• 1 month later...