TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR 2010 Trips Thread

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shock of all shockers, I just sent in a deposit for the Europe Trip!

Here's hoping that the stars and planets stay aligned to actually allow me to join the trip. It seems reeeally far away at this point...

I'm really excited about visiting Miribilandia. Was there about 15 years ago and the park was closed because it had rained in the morning! Seriously, I was there at the gate with lots of other people and the only explanation the gave was "Sorry, because it was raining, we thought no one would come." Nice.

Also excited about Ringracer, (if it's open), and maybe, but just MAYBE working my way up to an official membership in the Flamingos.

why oh why did paypal decide to delete my bank account 2 days before the flyers came out!

I had problems with PayPal this time around, too (though supposedly the problems were initiated by my bank, not by PayPal). I e-mailed Elissa and sent my check snail mail. Turns out the post office really is still good for something!

why oh why did paypal decide to delete my bank account 2 days before the flyers came out!

I had problems with PayPal this time around, too (though supposedly the problems were initiated by my bank, not by PayPal). I e-mailed Elissa and sent my check snail mail. Turns out the post office really is still good for something!

I had problems with paypal too, the eCheque option seems to have disappeared, which I can live with for a small payment but might be a little annoying on larger payments. I was in a rush when I was paying my deposit so I'll look into it when I have time.

^Yep, that's what happened to me. My bank told me they no longer authorized eCheck via PayPal because there had been too many complaints. I know someone illegally tapped into my bank account for nearly $2,000 that way a couple years ago. Fortunately, I got my money back shortly after filing two claims with PayPal (it was via two different withdrawals), but it's not something I'd like to go through again.

^Mine just disappeared and I have used it in the last 3 months, I don't know if my bank initiated that or they just got rid of eCheques. I will investigate.

I might have to add a balance to my paypal account and pay from that but I don't know if that avoids the fees that come up at Robb and Elissa's end.

I'm also setting up a hedge fund in USD, GPB and EUR which is attached to my primary bank account, so I might be able to do a transfer from that.

^Yep, that's what happened to me. My bank told me they no longer authorized eCheck via PayPal because there had been too many complaints. I know someone illegally tapped into my bank account for nearly $2,000 that way a couple years ago. Fortunately, I got my money back shortly after filing two claims with PayPal (it was via two different withdrawals), but it's not something I'd like to go through again.

I checked this out with Paypal (a lot of fun calling them - not). Apparently, they made changes where if you have a bank account and a credit card registered with them, eCheque is no longer available.

So they said if I still wanted to use an eCheque, I have to delete my credit card. I did that and did a test run and now the eCheque appears.

Stupid, stupid Paypal - what was the point of doing that? You can't do an eCheque on a credit card, why take the option away.

We need a paypal rant thread...

Brent, that makes sense now- I have never been able to use e-check because I have a credit card and bank account linked up. Apart from that, I really don't mind paypal. I covered fees at my end (it did it automatically!) and it was only $2.75, so 1%, which I can totally live with. I paid from an existing balance though, if that makes any difference...

...they said if I still wanted to use an eCheque, I have to delete my credit card. I did that and did a test run and now the eCheque appears.

Excellent, just what I needed to know and very glad I didn't have to phone them again. Thanks

This Tuesday (November 3) we are going to be hosting another 2010 Trips Chat. You will be able to listen in *LIVE* as Robb & Elissa discuss next year's trips and be able to call in to ask your question! *LIVE*. This will be your last chance to ask questions and get information before deposits are due!

To enter TPR's Chat Room simply log into the TPR forums with your user name and password and click the "Chat Room" link at the top of the page. (Make sure you have already completed your password change that Robb emailed everyone about last week!)

To listen in to TPR's *LIVE* Trip Chat click the following link and press "play" on the radio:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/2010tripchat.htm

Remember, TPR Trip Chat *LIVE* is happening this TUESDAY at 6pm PST (west coast time) or 9pm EST (east coast time).

We hope to see you there and answer any questions you may have about next year's TPR trips!

As always if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!

yay! i hope there are no problems like what happened last time although the first live chat was still fun!

i'm glad that the time will still be 2am for the UK because because of daylight savings, 3am would of been a little too late! (ok, so i sleep through lectures anyway but *shrugs*)

looking forward to it! ill have to think of a good question (its a shame i can't call... ^^)

The audio portion from tonight has been posted below and to the first post of this thread!

So did everyone like the TPR Live chat?

What did you like? What didn't you like? What would you like to see more of/less of in the future?

--Robb

tpr_LIVE_november_3_2009.zip

TPR's LIVE Chat - November 3rd, 2010 - Two Hours - Download this version to play on your iPod or iPhone.

tpr_LIVE_november_3_2009.mp3

TPR's LIVE Chat - November 3rd, 2010 - Two Hours - Stream this version in your internet browser.

I regret I could not make it to listen in. It was 3 o'clock in the morning here and I have to work today. So the first thing I did when waking up was to turn on my computer and started listening to the recorded chat. Great way to start my day. I had to laugh in about 2 minutes so you made my day.

P.S. I love the tpr cookbook idea

Robb and Elissa, that truly was great last night. Fun (really fun and funny actually) and very informative.

I think you both could take the radio morning show format and offer it in the evenings to make everyone’s drive home something actually entertaining compared to what’s on there now. Sirius/ XM should be calling,.

Think about it: Highlighting the newest in cook books, featuring Italian eateries and wings along with theories and hypotheses that rival the theory of relativity in determining Jeff’s age (taught by Dave Thomas of course). Oh, we can not forgot potential regular feature fan favorites such as the famous “Make Tyler do something in the middle of the street”, “Honk if you want it” and the classic “Hanging up on anyone named Larry”

Every answer was well presented and explained through audio, which really helped given the number of people in the chat room and the potential to miss stuff. It was awesome listening and getting other stuff done at the same time. Mods were great at keeping things organized in the chat room as well.

Thanks again for hosting another Q&A with audio!