TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Expedition Geforce cable snaps...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Why would it have been dangerous? Anti-Rollbacks are going to keep the train from coming back down, and it's not like when the cable broke it widely whipped through the station.

No, but according to the reports, the catch car on the end of the cable (which does not have anti rollbacks) fell down the lift and into the station after the cable snap. I don't know if it would have been extremely dangerous should there have been a train in the station, but I can't imagine it being the safest situation either.

As far as placing blame goes I first and foremost think that the park should be responsible as they are in charge of hiring the mechanics who are supposed to check every aspect of the ride at least thats what i've come to understand. Now I really feel that this whole Intamin defending/blame has valid points. Other rides do break down as well which excuses them. Intamin is in charge of subcontracting other companies who do work for them and they slap that Intamin sticker/plate on their products so that places blame. I really think EVERYONE is overreacting. I'm just happy nobody was hurt.

It's a machine. Sh1t happens

Well it's not supposed to happen with PEOPLE on it!! That's what inspections are for. HELLO! Knott's .

the first thing what a themepark wants is safety for the guests. (and money)

I do not agree that you said it was the fault of Holiday Park.

The Technical Service check the Track, Train, catchcar, lier every day...

if the technical service see something not good, they closed the ride and opend when they fix it...

If there is an accident in a themepark, I dont thing that that the fould is from the Themepark (perhaps a few exceptions (Efteling evacuation)

I'm pretty sure if it happened even during a test run people would be saying "I can't believe this! It is a good thing people weren't on it! They got so lucky! Either way, this should NEVER happen, even on a test run."

So is Intamin, the company that merely designed the ride and probably has touched it in years, supposed to be able to control when a malfunction occurs? The maintenance people that see the ride every day can't even control when something like this is going to happen. Things like this happen unexpectedly with large machines like this.

Sigh who really cares, cables will snap even if they are checked by maitance every 5 min, a simple overload or a weird force on the cable cam cause it to snap, without maitance being able to do anything about it. Alot of things effect the performance of a cable such as weather and amount of launches/lifts. But with only 1 hurt in the recent snapathon (guy in the back of xcel doesn't count) the chances are so low of being hurt or even being on the ride while the cable snaps. Look at xcelerator. That ride has probably launched millions of times in 8 years, and one in a million of those launches experienced a problem, ur odds of being hurt are miniscule x100. And remeber, no cable system is 100% failproof, unless they use cable with 10 times the load capicity but even then there can be problems. The media just needs to start reporting the truth (but they won't) about how rare these incidents are and that u are probably more likely to get hit by a meterorite from space then be on a intamim coaster when it's cable snaps.

What if this wasn't in the news? What if none of us heard about this? just because a cable snaps doesn't make it the end of the world. Don't weather conditions factor into the wear and tear of the cable? It can't always happen exactly when the manufacturer says it's going to. Hell, it could happen one week after installation, but people are still going to be freaking out, blaming Intamin.

There is quite the epic battle going on right now...I'll try to post some pictures as I think we've finally gotten the upper hand against the dreaded Intamin Cable.

intamincableshark.thumb.jpg.46ad8eafb18dac5041ddbf50ae47587d.jpg

Thank goodness! Mr. Shark comes just in time to take care of that troublesome Intamin Cable for good!

intamincablerobb.thumb.jpg.8db342a81ec19be4de00f4e19d775b06.jpg

It then tried to find an easier target, a sleeping Robb!! Oh no!! I hope someone (or something) comes quick to help!

intamincabledomo.thumb.jpg.52a85293caa5142c438adcc013e7d646.jpg

While on the ground, Domo came over to try and catch the cable, but it quickly snapped and headed in the other direction.

intamincablekt.thumb.jpg.369a7a0eaed669c87ec98cf1b4cf59a4.jpg

After I threw the cable down the the floor it made it's way over to KT and tried to use her iPod, she would have none of this of course and chucked the cable back to the ground.

^^But what if the cable is . . . undead? Yes, not even Mr. Shark can stop Cable Nosferatu, Lord of the Undead Intamin Coaster Equipment!

Yes, soon its mind force will reach out to other Intamin rides around the world! Weep for the fate of humanity!

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

It just jumped off the shelf and started trying to murder people!!!

Quick, take it to the local mall! There are likely many idiots there it can attack!

This PTR is among the greatest things ever posted to the internet. Though I have to say Mr. Bitey > Mr. Shark.

dt

Hmmm, all this cable needs now is some random people dancing to slow music, a midget in the Black Lounge, and Dennis Hopper lip synching to Roy Orbinson's 'In dreams' and you have a David Lynch film...

This is surreal and ubsurd at the same time...genius I tell you...Oh-oh, dog's barking, hope it's not the Intamin cable to get her...