TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Headless Horseman Hayride and Haunted Houses TR

Hello everyone.

My girlfriend and I went to Headless Horseman Hayride and Haunted Houses in Ulster Park, NY. This screampark was once again voted the number 1 scream park in America by Hauntworld Magazine.

They did not allow cameras inside the gates so I was unable to take any pictures

The $32.00 admission price included a haunted hayride, 4 haunted houses, and a corn maze.

Haunted Hayride:

The haunted hayride was by far the best haunted hayride that I have ever been on. The story line, the graphics, the costumes, and the acting was amazing. They even had real horses with people that had the headless horseman costume on riding them. There were people on ziplines that zipped right above your head. There was fire, air cannons, water, and amazing graphics all along the 1 mile trip.

The next stop was the "Slaughter House" haunted house. This haunted house was PITCH black, you could not see your hand in front of your face therefore they provided you with these tiny flashlights that looked like cockroaches. If you were lucky, your flashlight worked, but mine of course did not. The theming and the smell in the house had it smelling just like a slaughter house.

After the slaughter house you went right into the corn maze, it was not a true maze but there were a few scary parts but not a whole lot, mostly just actors dressed up as scare crows.

After the corn maze you walked right into the "green house" haunted house, this was also not all that scary but there were a few scary parts.

After the green house you then went into "The Feeding" haunted house. This haunted house had alot of people popping out of doors and walls and hidden passages. There were a few scary parts but it wasn't all that bad.

The final house was "Blood Inn, The mansion of dahlia blood" This haunted house was themed after a haunted hotel, there were alot of graphics in this house and alot of people hiding in walls again and at the end there was a chainsaw guy.

Overall I would say that it is not 100% worth the $32.00 that you pay, I would say $24.00 is a good price. I would say that it is well worth the time to go if you have a chance. It was a lot of fun and the make up, costumes, graphics, and theming of the attractions were amazing.

http://www.headlesshorseman.com/index.php

There is a link to the web site for more information if you would like!

Thank you for reading.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went last weekend. It was a good time, but not as good as when I went two years ago in 2007. The best parts for me this year where those two air filled chambers you had to walk through.

I am more excited for The Haunted Graveyard at Lake Compounce this year though, since I have heard some major changes have been made!

I went last weekend. It was a good time, but not as good as when I went two years ago in 2007. The best parts for me this year where those two air filled chambers you had to walk through.

I am more excited for The Haunted Graveyard at Lake Compounce this year though, since I have heard some major changes have been made!

Where is Lake Compounce?

It is located in Bristol Connecticut. Here is an overview from about 2 years ago; they have added quite a few more houses since then and it also has sections you can't see since they are in the woods. It takes 45-60 min to walk through. (And that is continuous, unlike headless horseman where you go from hayride to line to house to line etc.)

Untitled.jpg.d7f2ea1f77d7777d22b60705dd6e1906.jpg

The Haunted Graveyard

I would say Headless Horseman is well worth the $32. Dahlia Blood, The Feeding, and The Slaughterhouse are HHN quality houses except you get more scares because you go in groups instead of the conga line. Those three houses alone are worth the cost to me but you also get an awesome hayride, the corn maze, and John Shaw's insane show.

The chainsaw guy is in The Feeding, not Dahlia Blood.

The Haunted Graveyard at Lake Compounce sounds awesome. I'm planning on hitting it up for the first time this year especially since I'll be able to get some Boulder Dash rides in while I'm there.

^

Everything at Headless Horseman is definitely HHN quality. It just seems like they should throw one more house in there and then I would say that it's 100% worth $32.00.

John Shaw's show was crazy [what I saw of it]. The show got cut short because out of nowhere it started to down poor.