• 2. Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park
    • 3. Discover the Magic Tour
    • 4. Welcome to Disneyland Tour
    • 5. Disney's Happiest Haunts Tour
    • 6. Never booked a tour at Disneyland

Disneyland Resort Guided Tours

Which is your favorite tour?

Hey guys,

I will be at Disneyland in a couple weeks and found out about the 5 different guided tours they are offering. I am thinking about booking one of the tours, but I am not really sure yet, what tour I am doing.

Now, I am curious and would like to find out if you ever booked one of the tours and which one was your favorite?

1. "A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" Tour

Take a guided tour through Disneyland Park to fully understand the vision, challenges, hard work and excitement that went into creating everything we associate with the name, and the man, Walt Disney.

Tour Length: Approximately 3.5 hours.

2. Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park

Embark on an extraordinary guided tour of Disney's California Adventure Park and discover fascinating behind-the-scenes information as you cruise on a Segway.

Tour Length: Approximately 3 hours.

3. Discover the Magic Tour

Sharpen your sleuthing skills as you work with your family and friends to discover clues, hunt for hidden treasure and outwit dastardly villains. This uniquely Disney tour puts you at the heart of a high-energy, fun-filled adventure throughout Disneyland Park!

Tour Length: Approximately 2.5 hours.

4. Welcome to Disneyland Tour

Learn fascinating information, hear enchanting stories and discover great tips as you journey through both Disneyland Park and Disney's California Adventure Park on a fun-filled introduction to the Disneyland Resort.

Tour Length: Approximately 2.5 hours.

5. Disney's Happiest Haunts Tour

Meet your enigmatic tour guide and embark on a journey through the spirited season of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, sharing intriguing tales and insights...

Tour Length: Approximately 3 hours.

--Soren

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one I've ever done is the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour. It seemed to me that it's DL's version of "Keys to the Kingdom". It was very cool and the super kicker was that the tour also went into the lobby of Club 33. Cruzin' California Adventure sounds like the Segway Around the World tour and the Discover the Magic Tour sounds like the Family Magic Tour. The Happiest Haunts tour is the seasonal one, which is cool having a tour just for Halloween stuff. I'm thinking Walt's Footsteps would be the one you'd enjoy the most Soren.

I ended up doing the Walk in Walts footsteps tour when I was there.

My reasoning for chosing that tour was that it seemed like it was the most indepth tour at the park, since I wasn't really after anything family oriented.

It was a really good tour, and in my opinion worth the $49 dollars I paid for it (they gave me a discount because I paid with a visa branded card). A lot of the info they gave out I already amazingly knew, but there was some stuff that was new to me. The tour was reasonably long, but there wasn't any "boring" bits on the tour.

I won't spoil any more of it for you, but I'd say go either the Walk in Walts tour or go the segway tour which also seems pretty cool, something I'll do next time I trek all that way over to LA.

My vote also goes to the A Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. They offer a lot of great stories and information about the park. I don't know if the rides are always the same, but we got to go on Jungle Cruise and the Railroad. We also got to peek into Club 33, which was very cool. The tour concludes with a nice lunch just off of Main Street and you get a souvenir pin.

I've also been on the Cruzin' DCA tour, and thought that was fun as well. But the park is a bit of a mess now, with all of the construction going on. The segways are awesome and just riding around the empty walkways of the park on them is a blast. We also got breakfast included, and a souvenir pin and group photo.

Have fun!!

I would think it depends on how much you already know about Walt and Disneyland. Since I believe you worked out at Disney World, do you need more information about Walt?

I've done every tour except the Halloween one. That one we are doing later this month, because we got several recommendations for it, and one of the best things about some tours is that you get to go on certain rides as a group, without waiting in the lines. And the Halloween tour is going on 4 attractions between the 2 parks.

Discover the Magic Tour is geared towards young children. Since we had done all the others, and it was the last on the list, we decided to go ahead and do it. But they kept asking us if we realized it was for kids. We said yes, several times. The tour was a treasure hunt and we got to act completely silly all around the park.

Cruzin' DCA is fun. We've done it 2 times now. But it's not that you get that much information about the park or anything, but you get to see DCA early in the morning and learn how to ride a Segway, which is a blast.

Hope this helps.

I´ve done several tours at Walt Disney World and always enjoyed them. Right now I am thinking about the "A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour and the "Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park" tour. The "Halloween" tour sounds also great, since we are not able to attend "Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party".

--Soren