TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild Adventures Discussion Thread

• 7 months later...

I took my kids to Wild Adventures Saturday for my first visit to the park and had a great day. The kids Halloween offerings were pretty nice and the park looked great. I was really impressed with the Discovery Outpost section of the park, very clean and interactive with lots of attractions for the kids.

Cheetah was uh....awful. Maybe the worst wooden coaster I've been on in a long time. I rode it 3 times throughout the day to see if it got any better but man it was just brutal, and I've got a pretty high tolerance for roughness on coasters so it was bad. It's unfortunate cause it's got a fun layout and a great setting with views of the animals, but man that thing needs some love or and RMC overhaul.

One the plus side the Vekoma's were really good! Both the SLC and the boomerang were pretty smooth and really enjoyable.

The Alapha Trail animal exhibit was really nice and relaxing. We also took in the gator show they had which was pretty fun. I was surprised to see the theater for the show had absolute no barriers between the audience and the stage with two probably 6-8 foot gators out interacting with the trainers. That was pretty wild and I kind of couldn't believe it but fun show.

Overall a great visit, I'd love to see another decent coaster at the park but I'd go back next summer to check out the water park and spend anther day there.

IMG_1814.jpg.ceae1753c3dd5c80201009c92ee835ec.jpg

image1.jpeg.0d655d6f7b311cba2443ba0ca4c6353e.jpeg

Who knew gators were so snuggly?

image2.jpeg.451d4cb221d6dc78619d8a7a8aa9db7c.jpeg

Was the hypnotist still there? He couldn't get enough volunteers for the show we watched, so he resorted to some "mind reading" for 30 minutes.

I don't think I saw that anywhere but I'd believe it. There was a good crowd there Saturday, lines weren't any longer that a train wait for just about anything but there were people all over the midways so it wasn't empty or anything. We left before the Halloween stuff started at night but felt like the parking lot was filling up around 7 when we left.

Does their SLC still have the original trains or was it upgraded with the vest restraints?

Nice report!

Still had the original trains, no vest style restraints. Maybe I just caught it on a good day but it was smooth enough to be enjoyable for a few rides. I've never disliked SLC's and Boomerangs as much as most people, I rode both at Darien lake last summer and thought those few also fine. Not gonna make any top 10's or anything but solid attractions for most parks.

If Wild Adventures had one more decent coaster or RMC'd Cheetah I'd probably get a season pass and go 3 or 4 times a year. It's about as close to me as Orlando and a great value/experience for the kids, especially with the water park included in the summer.

Also just a heads up to anyone in the area, they're running a special on their website for $13 tickets for this weekend ,Oct. 11-13th. That's steal, especially with the haunts going on.

I don't think I saw that anywhere but I'd believe it.

He was "performing" in the theatre between the Boomerang and the train. We only went in because the show was about to start as we were walking by. In retrospect, I wish the line for the Rapids was about 5 minutes longer.

• 1 year later...

Trying to plan my summer amusement park trips. I am hoping to stop at this park on my way to Florida in April. I have a 3 year old that is obsessed with dinosaurs. Does this park still have a dino walk through? I saw nothing of it on their website

Edit: Contacted the park and it was removed  

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, grsupercity said:

Sorry to double post. Were visiting this park in April and I recently heard Cheetah will be closed this summer and was closed all last summer? That is by far the attraction I was most excited to try

Last time I was there (late summer 2019 I believe) it was by far the worst wooden coaster I'd ever been on, and I generally don't mind rougher coasters. It would probably take some extensive trackwork to get it back to rideable so you're not missing much.

13 hours ago, SharkTums said:

We were just talking about this park the other day and wondering how it was doing.  I'm guessing based on Cheetah being closed for years now and no concerts...not that well?

I just noticed my "mini trip report" post from 2 years ago like 5 posts above this but honestly we really had a nice time when we went. Granted we have younger kids and there were a lot of things to keep them entertained but I'd be more than happy to make a trip back sometime.

If you keep an eye on their socials they run a lot of great deals and discounts during the spring and fall when they're not as bust.  I wouldn't say it's a park worth going out of your way for but for $20 or BOGO tickets or something it's not a bad place to spend a day.

I messaged the park and they responded that the Cheetah has been retired. That is sad being the one custom coaster there. They worded it that its been retired to make room for exciting new changes. Are we guessing budget cuts or RMC?

• Like 1

Just now, grsupercity said:

I messaged the park and they responded that the Cheetah has been retired. That is sad being the one custom coaster there. They worded it that its been retired to make room for exciting new changes. Are we guessing budget cuts or RMC?

Looks like you got the same reply at the same time. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am still looking forward to experiencing this park for the first time. Cheetah just looked like the best ride. Very curious to see what Hersend plans with this park. Maybe RMC gave them a were sorry about lightning Rod so here is a cheap makeover on Cheetah deal lmao 

That's a bummer about Cheetah. I will admit it is a little surprising that the park is removing/closing their signature coaster.

I forget this is a Herschend park. I know they haven't invested into rides for this park recently, but given how SDC and Dollywood get tons of love, perhaps they will throw Wild Adventures a bone. RMC-ing Cheetah is probably one of the cheapest new thrill coasters they could add.

I have no idea how this park does attendance wise but I think it does okay. I know a lot of people around here that visit pretty often since it's not much longer of a drive than Orlando, and in South Georgia there's not much else around. I've seen people post pics of the waterpark in the summer and the place is packed, and when we last visited during Halloween we left before the night time attractions opened but the parking lot was filling up REAL fast on our way out. 

It might be like Hershend's version of Michigan's Adventure or something, yeah an RMC'd Cheetah or a new coaster would be awesome..... but might not really change things much either way. 

Keep in mind, they did consider RMCing Predator in the time they were involved with Darien Lake.  Granted, that was before the Lightning Rod fiasco, but I have to think a steel I-box conversion is a much less risky addition from a technology standpoint.

With the exception of maybe Thunderhead Hershend and "traditional" wooden coasters don't seem to mesh well for some reason. First it was Ozark Wildcat at (now defunct) Celebration City and now this coaster getting scrapped. Its too bad.