TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

MOA Trip

On Thursday October 29 I will be going up to the MOA for the first time. I have a few questions about the rides and mall in general.

- How long were the ride waits when you went? I'm trying to figure out about how much time the theme park needs.

- Does the log flume get you really wet? I don't want to be walking around wet all day.

- Other than the theme park what else is really worth checking out in the mall. I'm planning to do the ropes course but what about the mini golf, mirror maze and stuff like that.

- How crowded does the mall get usually?

Any other tips would be great and I will post a PTR when I get back. Thanks for the help.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering it's a Thursday (unless you're going later in the evening), the waits should be pretty minimal. As far as the Log Chute, no, it doesn't get you that wet, and regardless, it's a log ride you do NOT want to miss!

There's a TON to do that's fun as well as NU. The mirror maze is really cool & I thought was worth the money, with the golf though, I've never done that so I wouldn't be able to help you.

The mall itself can be busy on any given day, but since it's a weekday, I doubt it'll be too packed. Hope you have a great time!

I went a week ago! So my answers should be pretty accurate. I went Saturday night Sept. 19th.

1. You only need about 2 hours to get the whole park. I had 4 and I got 8 rides on Spongebob, 3 on avatar, 3 on fairly odd coaster, 3 of the orange streak. The lines DIE out 2 hours before the park closes. So you can really get on a lot. I also got on many flat rides.

2. The Log Flumse wouldn't get you wet. They know people don't want to be soaked and so they designed it differently, but you will get a spray, mainly if you sit in front, but it dries out.

3. Rainforest Cafe is something worth checking out. It was the first Rain forest cafe built, really good food. Underwater Adventures, the aquarium underground, is also worth checking out, you can pet stingrays and sharks with your admission to it.

4. On the Saturday I went, very empty, especially the park. The longest I waited was 10 minutes for Fairly Odd coaster, and then lines were walk ons. There were soooo less people, we didn't even park in the parking garage, we parked in the 30 car parking right infront of the entrance.

Make sure to go to the park at night, it is amazing with all the lights on indoors, and the trees make it look like your outside, pretty amazing. Also ride spongebob in the front and back, Back gives you amazing ejector air on the first hill. But front is better at everything.

-Jeremie. Sorry for bad typing, I was typing fast because I got to head somewhere.

Thanks guys. I'll make sure to get to the park at night and get lots of pictures of it. If the lines were that short on a Saturday they should be really short on a Thursday. Plus Minnesota has school and I don't hehehe.

Anyways thanks again. I hate going somewhere completely clueless and since this is my first time going to the mall I'll check out what you reccomended!

- DBD

Seriously, if you in the morning. Get the unlimited ride wristband. You can get on everything 20 times. A school day and NU is open I think 364 days a year. You should have a great time.

I was filming all the rides and taking photos for an hour, and still had spare time. Avatar is my favorite, I thought Sponge Bob would, but Avatar is just soooo much faster then you think.

-The slowest wait is Avatar. Even then, though, it won't take you more than a couple hours.

-Not at all. That's one of the reasons I like it so much. It's a fantastic flume and you don't get drenched.

-I actually really don't like the mall. It's massive and loud and crowded all the time. So is the park, but roller coasters make a difference there.

At MOA, make sure you also check out Tak Attack and Jimmy Neutron's Atomic Collider (formerly Mighty Axe and Treetop Tumbler, respectively - I can't stand the new names). Screaming Yellow Eagle is also a pretty good ride, and one of the last of a dying breed. Don't know what the new name is. Danny Phantom something.

Anyway. Fun stuff.

Yea. Tak Attack is really amazing. It turns you sideway but gives you the best view possible of the park. And it goes really close to the ceiling. It is the most thrilling flat ride there, really recommend it.

Splat -o- Sphere is OK, it is like a giant frog hopper really. I am not sure if you are interested, but I know there is Water Park of America right down the street. It has some pretty major slides for an indoor water park.

Only if you are interested in a water park or a really close hotel, you should check it out.

Will you be headed out to Valleyfair? It is not even 15 minutes from the Mall...

Tell them you want to go to ValleyFair and do the park why they shop

Nick Universe is a park you can easily get done in a few hours. I went the Saturday of Labor Day weekend this year. I was done with the rides I wanted to do in 3 hours along with a dip-n-dots break (as an FYI, they actually carry the Birthday Cake flavor!!!)

The coasters are fun for an indoors park. Avatar and Fairly Odd Coaster were the only coaster with any line. For the flats, Tak Attack and the log flume are easily the best in the park. The rest of the flats are basically, just inside with Nick characters on them.

The mall itself is nothing special except the Lego Store, which rules. Most of it is just larger version of stores you see at home. The mini golf is over priced and nothing special. The aquarium seemed nice, but not for the price. The food is basic mall food with an overpriced Rainforest Cafe thrown in.

The place is a great way to spend a few hours. I would not do a full day there, but would pick the park over shopping.

It is very hard to spot. It is right by Sponge Bob exit. It is ok, it only seats 2 people. The ride itself is a little average or a little lower. It isn't themed to Nick, it is themed to ghosts and what not. But it is still probably worth riding.

Also, funnel cakes here are the best! You might want to consider them..haha.

^ The theme is outstanding for not only a log flume but for an indoor one. I knew nothing about it other then being told to ride it and was ultra impress. After Splash Mountain, it is my favorite.

PS While riding, look for the baseball stadium seat on the wall. It is from the former Twins stadium that was on the same land before the mall.

^^It was still themed to Paul Bunyon last Sept. when I was there. You could still see Knott's references within the ride. I know it was going to be re-themed to some barnyard show, but I don't know if that's happened yet. I'm actually going next week and will have a look.

PS While riding, look for the baseball stadium seat on the wall. It is from the former Twins stadium that was on the same land before the mall.

Also, don't forget to look for the home plate, its by Spongebob.

^ OH GOD NO! That show is so stupid. It's about animals who live on a farm. It's basically Madagascar or Finding Nemo or The Wild or any other animal show with barnyard animals. If they do change it by the time I get up there I will still ride it, but I will be very disapointed. If it's still Paul Bunyon I'm sure I'll love it and I'll look for the seat and homeplate. Thanks for the heads up on those!

Don't believe it does anything for holidays. The Splat-o-Sphere is worth a ride, it had my whole family laughing at the end. The mini-golf is horrible. They will be getting a MagiQuest, but it won't be done until probably November.

Also, the spinning coaster there is the best Gerstlauer clone, and the original.

Most school days it does a rotating scedule, 1/3rd of rides always open, then 1/3rd more is open every half hour. You can get anything almost any day.

• 2 weeks later...

So the trip might now happen. My sister got mono, which is fine but she also has chrons, and her doctor said that having chrons could make the mono worse, like really worse and if it happens we have to call off the trip. However if we don't go we will most likely go up to the dells and probably make a stop at Bitten at the Theme Park at Mt. Olympus and I would take pictures there. So thanks for the help everyone, if this gets called off I'll dig up this thread and reread it when I go.

-DBD

EDIT: The MOA trip is cancelled. Now I will be going up there this summer and I will post a trip report then. So now we will be going to the dells and possibly making a stop at Mt. Olympus. If you want you will be able to find pictures of the place I go by clicking on the picture in my signature. It will take you to the Wisconsin Dells fansite, owned by TPR's traincrossin. Its a great site that you guys really should check out. Thanks.