TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Crotch Crushers"

Acrophobia....Worst ride ever

No way a man designed that ride.......

JEFF

Have you been on it since they installed the more "butt hugging seats?"

I've found the new seats to be a LOT more comfortable on the junk.

--Robb

No, I have not been on it since 2002, good to hear the replaced them.

JEFF

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ridden the floorless top spins as well as a ton of spin and spew rides and I never have a problem...guess my "junk" is too big to have a lasting effect...

See, I was going to make a cocky joke. (no pun intended.) But me being new here and all, I didn't want to come across as cocky, so thanks for posting what I wanted to post in the back of my mind.

Have you ever ridden a HUSS Giant flat? I've never intentionally stapled myself into any ride, but those restraints automatically tighten when the cycle starts, and it's impossible to keep from getting crushed unless you push against the restraint for the entire ride.

As in giant frisbee, giant top spin, etc? Yeah, I've ridden them and they don't affect my junk. Maybe yours is enormous, lol!

I have not had any problems with Acrophobia. Those restraints only put pressure on my hip bones. Mystery Mine was pretty uncomfortable, though.

A lot of people complain about standup coasters. You're supposed to have your knees slightly bent when the restraints lock. If you're really tall and have to put some weight on the seat, just let the family jewels sit in front (a little trick I learned from unicycling, lol.)

I haven't had a problem with any rides except for HUSS rides. The Crypt may be fun and all... but DAMN it hurts.

Shockwave is actually really comfortable for me... the bicycle seat isn't that bad.

And on Berserker the lapbar hurts like crazy... because there's only one setting, and that's what the ride wants it to be not what you want it to be.

You're only 14..give it a couple more years.

Shockwave (KD) absolutely destroys not only my manhood but my knees as well.

After my last ride, I thought I'd need a wheelchair to get me to the parking lot. I couldn't walk very well.

I rode shockwave yesterday & had no problem with it,grizzly & rebel yell on the other hand gave me a splitting headache!!I was watching a couple guys strap in on berserker thinking "man it's not the lap bar that hurts it's that damn OTSR" because it doesn't come down far enough to really support the upper body correctly during the ride.

I've noticed that B&M Standups are pretty bad crotch crushers. The bicycle style seats are bad on the junk. Though I NEED to ride a standup other than CGA's Vortex.

I usually have no problems on the Intamin Looping Ships, As long as you hold the restraint away from you. The worst ride for the crotch for me is any Top Spin. Firefall at CGA is really painful, and since it's automatic restraints, there's no way to brace yourself.

^Good call. All those Intamin Impulses are brutal. I rode V2 at SFGAm when it was new and I don't ever remember it catching the train on the back spike. Then, when I rode Steel Venom at Valleyfair! I got destroyed! Answer me this, what is the point of catching the train anyways? It doesn't hold long enough to induce that much fear, yet it drops a portion of your body weight onto the spike in the seat. Weak Intamin...weak.

^Good call. All those Intamin Impulses are brutal. I rode V2 at SFGAm when it was new and I don't ever remember it catching the train on the back spike. Then, when I rode Steel Venom at Valleyfair! I got destroyed! Answer me this, what is the point of catching the train anyways? It doesn't hold long enough to induce that much fear, yet it drops a portion of your body weight onto the spike in the seat. Weak Intamin...weak.

When you're afraid of heights it's a long enough to scare you!

Trust.

I've had my nuts crushed on 2 delightful occasions:

1) Riding Colossus in the back at SFMM, dropping off the MCBR somehow absolutely flung me and my manbits into the delightful steel restraints.

2)Riding Deja Vu at SFMM in the front seat. After the train makes its return trip and you get caught on the first spike, your nuts really take a beating. The strange thing is that it only crushes my nuts in that row, must be the angle at which you get caught by the catch car