TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Crotch Crushers"

I'm not sure if there is a technical name for them, but what I'm referring to is the rounded lump on the bottom of OTSRs that digs into and absolutely destroys your crotch on many of today's thrill rides.

These can be found on the S&S launch towers, HUSS Giant flat rides, and the older Intamin OTSR's. They are the cause of much pain on these rides, and I really can't imagine why manufacturers incorporate them into the design of their restraints. I would understand if there was nothing to keep you from slipping out the bottom of your restraint, but in most cases, there is already a lump attached to the seat sticking up to prevent this from happening.

So I guess what I'm asking is, why do these things even exist? Am I the only person who finds them to be such a(n uncomfortable) problem?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what is the deal. I am male myself and I never had any problem with this thing. Lift yourself over it, don't aim your manhood toward it. I don't get how stapling yourself affects anyone's manhood. They're simply there to prevent anyone from slipping under the OTSR.

I don't know... "Looping Starship" at Six Flags Great Adventure (and other similar looping boat rides) have complete crotch crushing restraints... but, I guess its better than falling out, no?!... Actually, I haven't ridden one of those in 15+ years, so I'm only talking from my very past experience... I do remember them to be tight in that area though!!

The only time I've ever had a problem with them was one time on Mantis. I'm in between clicks for the height adjustment for the seats and I accidentally moved in such a way leaving the station that it went up to the next nearest click instead of down which is much preferred. That ride was quite uncomfortable to say the least lol.

I know if you sit forward in the seat a little bit on the Intamin impulses the sudden transition into the spikes can get you, but you really shouldn't be sitting with your butt forward, so that's not really a true problem lol.

I don't understand what is the deal. I am male myself and I never had any problem with this thing. Lift yourself over it, don't aim your manhood toward it. I don't get how stapling yourself affects anyone's manhood. They're simply there to prevent anyone from slipping under the OTSR.

Have you ever ridden a HUSS Giant flat? I've never intentionally stapled myself into any ride, but those restraints automatically tighten when the cycle starts, and it's impossible to keep from getting crushed unless you push against the restraint for the entire ride.

I don't know... "Looping Starship" at Six Flags Great Adventure (and other similar looping boat rides) have complete crotch crushing restraints... but, I guess its better than falling out, no?!... Actually, I haven't ridden one of those in 15+ years, so I'm only talking from my very past experience... I do remember them to be tight in that area though!!

The one that was in SFOG had a crotch crusher...... when they'd lower the lap restraint, it would put a lot of pressure there and release just a little

I've only had 1 crotch crusher in my life. That was Pheonix at BGA. (the looping pirate ship.)

The lap bar comes down automatically till' a certain point, it hurt pretty bad. But I went on it again another time about 6 months ago, and I guess since I got taller it didn't effect me much? I don't know. It was wierd, hard to explain.

I haven't had a problem with any rides except for HUSS rides. The Crypt may be fun and all... but DAMN it hurts.

Shockwave is actually really comfortable for me... the bicycle seat isn't that bad.

And on Berserker the lapbar hurts like crazy... because there's only one setting, and that's what the ride wants it to be not what you want it to be.

Agreed. Granted, the only "crotch busters" I've been on are Iron Wolf and Mantis, I never even came close to feeling any pain down there. My head, on the other hand...

I haven't had a problem with any rides except for HUSS rides. The Crypt may be fun and all... but DAMN it hurts.

Shockwave is actually really comfortable for me... the bicycle seat isn't that bad.

And on Berserker the lapbar hurts like crazy... because there's only one setting, and that's what the ride wants it to be not what you want it to be.

You're only 14..give it a couple more years.

Shockwave (KD) absolutely destroys not only my manhood but my knees as well.

After my last ride, I thought I'd need a wheelchair to get me to the parking lot. I couldn't walk very well.

The only problems I've had with the crotch busters are that when I'm either getting up or sitting down but not all the way back, and end up sitting on that lump before sliding back into the seat. The busters I really watch out for are the ones found on Chance Revolutions/KMG Fireball/Afterburner rides...those have a mad height...and would be rather painful if you slipped and sat on it..or caught yourself on it.

Let's not talk about B&M standup 'bike seats.' My height and the height adjuster aren't a perfect match. 1 click too low, my shoulders are crunched, and 1 click too high, the jewels are squished. Top it off with no mid click. So I opt for the shoulder crush as it's bearable.

I do think that they're meant to keep you from slipping through the restraints. The restraint lump only goes down so far, and the seat lump only goes up so far, making it fail safe as far as slippage goes.