TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's so great about SFNE Bizzaro?

I LOVE Bizarro and TRY to love Cyclone (ejector air first drop is INSANE), but the park STILL makes me not want to go back. Almost every single visit they find someway to piss me off.

Take last Sunday, for instance. It was raining, the park was dead, and they decided they would close early. Fine, I understand. The park policy is "no re-rides" no matter what. Even if there is not a single person in line, they won't let you reride. Fine, I understand the reasoning behind it. BUT, when you have the last ride of a shortened day with no one waiting in your row and the ride op YELLS at you to get off and wont let you get the last ride, that is when it pisses me off. These giant chains (and I'm not singling out Six Flags) have lost "customer is always right, customer first" mentality. Business used to do what ever they could to please customers (within reason) and now all they care about is being in the black.

If it wasn't for Bizarro, I would never go back to SFNE.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Cedar Fair has a "no reride" policy as well, but SFNE's Bizarro has something Cedar Point's MF doesn't: airtime. End of story.

-James Dillaman

Well, I'm not attacking the no-reride policy, but a little digression would be nice. It's the cold "no matter what, no budging, I don't care" attitude/policy I strongly disagree with.

^ You aren't impressed by a ride just because it is in a Six Flags park? What if Millennium Force was in a Six Flags park?

El Toro is a GADV & it is one of my favorites but I'm just not a big Six Flags person. I hate the fact that they up sale everything every time you get off a ride "buy this," & "buy that," & not to mention the Nazi locker policies. If MF was at a Six Flags park it would probably be poorly maintained and probably won't be my #1. That is just how I feel.

^Wow...a park with an exit shop at the end of their major coaster so you can buy a T-shirt! WHAT A SURPRISE! OMFG I've never seen that at a Disney, Universal, Cedar Fair, or Six Flags park EVER before.

Theme parks are in business for a reason. TO MAKE MONEY. That's why the stores you buy your food/clothes from are in business, that's why the car dealership you bought your car from is in business, that's why the movie theatre you saw the latest film is there, to make money.

Your statements are completely baseless, as Cedar Fair is run the same way...I got off Hydra the Revenge on Saturday...and BAM. Gift shop. Guess it's the worst-maintained, make-you-buy-stuff coaster EVER.

If Millennium Force were in a Six Flags park, it'd be maintained just as well.

I LOVE Bizarro and TRY to love Cyclone (ejector air first drop is INSANE), but the park STILL makes me not want to go back. Almost every single visit they find someway to piss me off.

Take last Sunday, for instance. It was raining, the park was dead, and they decided they would close early. Fine, I understand. The park policy is "no re-rides" no matter what. Even if there is not a single person in line, they won't let you reride. Fine, I understand the reasoning behind it. BUT, when you have the last ride of a shortened day with no one waiting in your row and the ride op YELLS at you to get off and wont let you get the last ride, that is when it pisses me off. These giant chains (and I'm not singling out Six Flags) have lost "customer is always right, customer first" mentality. Business used to do what ever they could to please customers (within reason) and now all they care about is being in the black.

If it wasn't for Bizarro, I would never go back to SFNE.

Oh, wow. I've honestly never had a bad experience at SFNE. I've noticed the no-reride policy...and the no choice of seats thing on BTDK...but I've kind of just shrugged off most of the policies as a better strategy for efficiency.

I have, however, noticed that some Six Flags parks will allow you re-rides. On my last visit to Great Adventure, there was no line for Batman the Ride, so the crew kept letting us go. And, pretty much every trip I take to Six Flags Great Escape, at night, there's plenty of re-rides to be had.

El Toro is a GADV & it is one of my favorites but I'm just not a big Six Flags person. I hate the fact that they up sale everything every time you get off a ride "buy this," & "buy that," & not to mention the Nazi fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policies. If MF was at a Six Flags park it would probably be poorly maintained and probably won't be my #1. That is just how I feel.

Not to really side track too much, but whats the problem with the loose article policies? Why hate Six Flags when its the same at Cedar Point too... heck its even $2 instead of $1!!

And please, how can you complain about Six Flags maintenence when you seem to work at Clementon

I really liked Superman but it wasn't my favorite, for hypers count me in the GeForce camp

^Agreed.

I have to ask...how much better is Expedition GeForce than Bizarro? I guess what I'm asking is, how would you directly compare the two? Bizarro is my #1 coaster...but it seems fairly unanimous among riders that have been on both that EGF is the clear winner...and I'm not one of those iron-clad people who will keep Bizarro my #1 no matter what, when I finally get to visit Holiday Park, I will go with an open mind that EGF could win it for me.

Someday, I will ride Expedition GeForce...

^Most people who have told me that EG is their favorite rode it during a TPR or some other large enthusiast group trip. Apparently, the park turns off all the trims and changes the coaster's wheels out for special events, making the it run a lot better/more insane.

I've mainly heard of disappointment from others who rode it on a trip they took by themselves.

SROS used to be my number one steel coaster. The "Bizzaro" change over has ruined the ride for me. The ride ops staple you in to the point where they are leaning and using leverage to push the restraint down, the new trains make the airtime uncomfortable, and the speakers are loud and ruin the openness of the train.

Also, I have seen ZERO improvement in efficiency / turn over time since the

lo_cker policy has been implemented on this particular ride.

But, under the new management, I personally find Six Flags parks to be better-run than Disney or Cedar Fair parks. People complain about the prices, when food prices are the same across the industry at parks.

Actually, I did trips to SFNE, SFGAdv, and WDW last summer, and I did SFNE, SFGAdv, and Disneyland this summer, and I can say that the food and parking prices at the two Six Flags parks were about 50% HIGHER than at Disney World. At the beginning of the seasons I might agree about how well they are run, but by the end of the summer the Six Flags employees were completely burned out and some of the most apathetic and surly service employees I'd ever seen, unlike at Disney.

Take last Sunday, for instance. It was raining, the park was dead, and they decided they would close early. Fine, I understand. The park policy is "no re-rides" no matter what. Even if there is not a single person in line, they won't let you reride. Fine, I understand the reasoning behind it. BUT, when you have the last ride of a shortened day with no one waiting in your row and the ride op YELLS at you to get off and wont let you get the last ride, that is when it pisses me off.

I was there Sunday too. The no re-ride policy really is stupid -- espcially on a ride like Catwoman's Whip where we were the first riders they had had in 30 minutes and they wouldn't let us stay on for a second ride (at least they finally put a cut in the queue railings this year so you don't have to walk as far). At least for Bizarro I figured out by noon that they weren't checking for Flash Passes, so I could just go in through the Flash Pass queue. The highlight of the day was when at the end, despite them saying that there would be absolutely no rainchecks, when I went to buy my 2010 pass (I purchased a $15 companion ticket and then upgraded to a pass for $30) they gave me a comp ticket for the person I had brought in for free that day.

^Most people who have told me that EG is their favorite rode it during a TPR or some other large enthusiast group trip. Apparently, the park turns off all the trims and changes the coaster's wheels out for special events, making the it run a lot better/more insane.

I've mainly heard of disappointment from others who rode it on a trip they took by themselves.

I rode EG this summer & also last year, many times & thought it was really great, but i definitely preferred Goliath at Walibi World both years i rode them, due to all the reasons people here have listed why they like Bizarro.

This is why i am very eager to ride Bizarro as it seems like a bigger brother to Walibis Goliath.

I could see a trimless EG being my number one coaster.

Looks like my next trip there should be on a TPR trip.

Can someone verify if this is true?

I rode bizzaro for the first time this summer. I think the ride is just...meh.

The restraint system hurt. It comes down and lands on my leg in a weird place. And to top it off, they seem to like to staple you on this ride.

This coaster may make it into my top 20, but nowhere near my top 10.

1. El toro

2. X2

3. Boulder dash

3. Voyage

4. goliath(mm)

5. Montu

6. Ride of steel

7. The beast

8. Nitro

9. Millennium force

10. Magnum xl 200

I've personally never ended up being stapled into Bizarro...but for pretty much any Intamin coaster, I usually sit forward a little bit while they're checking restraints, so that I have an extra inch or two for extra airtime space. The only time I've gotten "caught" was one time on Millennium Force, when the operator checking my restraint said "sit BACK" and subsequently stapled me into my seat. I just rode on the left side the next ride

I also am not a huge fan of the new restraints so much as the old Intamin T-bars, or El Toro's smaller U-bars. The new U-bars are very B&M clamshell-like in size, but I don't find them to hurt the ride experience at all. I think the Bizarro treatment is the best thing that ever happened to Superman Ride of Steel, especially after it's been plagued by unlucky accidents. My only complaint is that the newer Intamin trains seem to be made of a lot more plastic, as opposed to being mostly metal like the old trains. The new trains just seem slightly more lightweight, and seemed like they lagged a little in the helices on my last ride, yet the lateral g's seemed just as strong. But, I also had been marathoning Millennium Force just a few days before, so the speed may have just thrown me off.

And that's a shame to hear that about Expedition GeForce...it's probably the coaster I'm looking forward to riding someday the most. Dutch Goliath looks pretty sick, too, though.

I have to say though...it's hard to complain about any Intamin Mega/Giga...the ones I have been on really are the most insanely awesome coasters I've been on. Bizarro, Millennium Force, and Superman Ride of Steel all really kicked a$$. The only one I found to be a *little* bit lagging was Ride of Steel at Darien Lake, but even that was still an awesome, airtime-filled coaster, and better than my favorite B&M mega, Nitro.

El Toro is a GADV & it is one of my favorites but I'm just not a big Six Flags person. I hate the fact that they up sale everything every time you get off a ride "buy this," & "buy that," & not to mention the Nazi fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policies. If MF was at a Six Flags park it would probably be poorly maintained and probably won't be my #1. That is just how I feel.

Not to really side track too much, but whats the problem with the loose article policies? Why hate Six Flags when its the same at Cedar Point too... heck its even $2 instead of $1!!

And please, how can you complain about Six Flags maintenance when you seem to work at Clementon

I really liked Superman but it wasn't my favorite, for hypers count me in the GeForce camp

If I'm correct you only need lockers for MF, Maverick & TTD at CP so it is not that bad since there is 14 other coasters where you don't. Also you don't need to tell me that HellCat is poorly maintained everyone knows that A S&S woodie has maintenance problems written all over it.

FYI: I don't work at Clementon anymore. I quite & start my Disney Internship in attractions starting January

^ add Wicked Twister if I remember correctly. There are also only three rides at Six Flags New England where loose articles are not permitted on the loading docks

http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/info/faqs.aspx#loose2

So its a moot point

Apparently, the park turns off all the trims and changes the coaster's wheels out for special events, making the it run a lot better/more insane.

When we were there in 07 the trims were definitely on but it was still awesome

I have to ask...how much better is Expedition GeForce than Bizarro?

The problem is that this answer can not be quantified becasue it is personal opinion.

I have not ridden Bizarro since the transformation, but I prefered the old version better than Expedition GeForce.

How much better = impossible to answer.

What do you prefer as a necessity to live, air or water? How much more do you prefer one over the other?

Can they really put the trims off...? I don`t know...

I was riding GeForce on several days...never on on a ERT session or something "special". My ride experiences were different...

It was always good...but when I rode it in the late afternoon or early evening on a warm and sunny day, it always left me and my friends breathless.

I guess thats the point...

GeorgeT