TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anyone else prefer Vekoma SLC's?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I try to give SLC's a chance for me to enjoy them, I've been on a ton of em, even Nor Easter with the new restraints and even they didn't do much haha. My favorite was Serial Thriller at GL until the park closed and it was moved to MA. Others just flat out hurt, I honestly went on T2 and got seriously one of the worst headaches after riding it. I usually don't get headaches, just headbanging head pain, but this one really tore me up. So yeah B:TR far exceeds majorly, this topic is very consistent lol

Reposting a question that has not been answered, since I assume some people have ridden this:

Has anyone here ridden Jubilleee Odyssey? That is one giant*ss loop.

http://www.rcdb.com/1413.htm

According to Wiki, it cost 28 million to build. That is more than most or all B&M inverts. This figure seems high, so it may not be true. Apparently, its Cobra Roll was so big that the coaster sometimes stalled on it, not making it out of the other side.

Is this custom SLC better than the regular clone?

The first time I rode Kong at SFDK, I thought it was better than the Batman clones...but I had only ridden it in the first few rows. My last ride in the back (yeah I'm hardcore) completely changed my opinion. Plus, Batman is just a flat out beast when it comes to force.

While I do enjoy SLCs and do believe people in the coaster community bash them too much, there's just no competition. Batman simply has a lot more force and is fun all the way til the brake run where as after the inline twists, there's nothing left in an SLC.

When I rode Hangman at Wild Adventures I absolutely loved it, but I think that was when it was pretty new. You can imagine the horrific surprise I was in for when I rode T2 for the first time. OUCH!

I've been on 5 Batman clones. They were all pretty good but I get tired of them more easily than other posters in this thread.

Batmans still rule supreme, especially the first ever B&M invert: SFGAm

Just for the hell of it I looked up how many SLC's and Batman's I've been on...

Apparently I've been on 27 different SLC's (looks like one of every model) and 11 of the 13 Batman's that were produced.

For some reason if feels like I've been on a LOT more SLC's!

--Robb "Not sure why..." Alvey

SLC's are really photogenic. That's basically the only thing that's good about them. This summer I visited SFNE and rode Mind Eraser as the second ride of the day which wasn't a good decision as I had a splitting headache after. Then again I did ride second from back so it really depends on where you sit, because the other time I rode it I went in the middle and I thought it was really smooth. IMO B&M inverts are defiantely better and more smoother then SLCs

Cheers,

BlackHole2005

I always thought the layout looked great but the execution was very poor.

SLC's really age badly for some reason, most of them run "Vekoma smooth" their 1st 2 seasons or so

Batman has always been one of my favorites though.

I have:

5-Batman credits (Georgia by far being the most intense, I have no reason why)

6 SLC credits (Canadas Top Gun in 1998 seemed to be my best experience on an SLC)

JEFF

My first SLC was Limit at Heide Park and was good.

But Katun at Mirabilandia this summer is the 2:nd best ever after EGF.

Your kidding right. Limit is probably my LEAST favorite SLC. Kong comes in a close second.

I'll pick B&M over Vekoma anytime, anywhere, at any place. And even though I find Batman: The Ride totally overrated, I still think it is a masterpiece compared to any SLC.

--James

Unfortunately I have never had the pleasure of riding a BTR (my coaster count is quite low. Sad face) but I am in a very small minority in that I have no problem with the SLC. Granted I've only ever ridden one and from what I've heard it is/was one of the better ones. It's the former Serial Thriller/Thunderhawk at Geauga Lake. I really liked it and never once had a problem with it's 'roughness.' Sure it wasn't glass smooth like B&M inverts but it was far from painful to me. Granted I've never once had a problem with any ride being too rough for me to reride. I'd ride The Villain in its last season over and over in the back seat without problem

I really like the layout of the SLC. It has quite a few interesting elements that are rare on any rides anywhere, let alone on inverts (well, other than the SLC since there are ungodly amounts of them lol). I would love to see if Vekoma would ever redesign the ride in its new style with its new trains and tracks and market that in the future instead of the old model, yet keep the same layout. I think the layout has some great potential that it doesn't live up to, but it is still a fun ride.

• 1 year later...

Yes I do! I thought I was the only one! I liked Batman, but I don't really see why everyone says it's so intense, it has ONE really intense moment (the zero-g roll), while SLC's feel much faster, and are intense all the way through. And the arm/footchoppers on SLC's really can't be beat. Sure, they're rougher, but they're not nearly as bad as the enthusiast community says they are. Basically, it's good to know I'm not alone in this world with my SLC love.

The only SLC that I somewhat like is the one at Wild Adventures. I am not sure why, but for whatever reason it does not bang you around as much. I have to agree that all of the Batman B&M inverts/clones are great and intense. I still have three left in the world to ride (Lightning, Vampire, and Batman la Fuga), so my opinion is still not 100% complete.