TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

My guess is that Disney and Universal probably didn't want to deal with the social media backlash... which IMO is a smart move. As much as the crazies came out to jump on Legoland, that page has only a fraction of the followers that Disney has. I don't think I could stand to read through that crap, and it would give the park bad publicity.

Plus, at least at Disney you can just easily hop over to another park.

My guess is that Disney and Universal probably didn't want to deal with the social media backlash... which IMO is a smart move. As much as the crazies came out to jump on Legoland, that page has only a fraction of the followers that Disney has. I don't think I could stand to read through that crap, and it would give the park bad publicity.

Plus, at least at Disney you can just easily hop over to another park.

Funny you say that. The local news said that all the Disney parks, except for EPCOT, reached capacity today. ...Along with Harry Potter.

^There was a period of time when only AP holders, hotel guests, and guests with reservations were allowed into the parks, but they never reached a full close (which at least MK usually does on New Years). Disney has different "phases" of closing, but they didn't reach total capacity, as they reopened for everyone in the afternoon. IOA and Legoland are both smaller parks, so I can see why they would have to completely stop admitting people. I wonder what max capacity for those parks are

Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom all experienced phased closings today. None of the parks were fully closed ("phase 4") today and its actually been a few years now since that has happened (2009?).

But it makes a better news story when they say "park closed" and leave it at that.

Edited by AndrewRnR

Came across this on their page...

Mad Poster

Warning to Parents: Plan on spending an additional 45 mins to an hour in line on Cypress Gardens Blvd after u get off interstate. They did NOT improve existing roads in Winter Haven to handle park traffic in any way.

Park GM and owners: What are your plans for Improving getting into the park!?! Absolutely awful way to set the tone prior to getting into the park with crawling/inching traffic for an hour with anxious and excited kids. Build a ramp or widen Cypress Gardens...please!!!

Beware to your customers: horrible traffic at entrance to park. In car for over an hour within a mile from the park. No infrastructure was put in to support the park traffic. Parking prices on top of ticket prices is 12-20 dollars and line time averages an hour per ride. Also, park shuts down when "at capacity" tell people to get here early!!! So far, a "meh" rating from me and my family. Serious kinks to work out in the customer experience end to end

and more ranting on that sort of thing...then this person says:

Judging from his picture, I doubt he has any kids =X

And he hasn't said anything since.

I mean, sure some of his arguing had some warrant, but he spammed all these negative remarks in the Facebook page repeatedly. Frankly I think he was the only one really majorly complaining.

Isn't Cypress Gardens Blvd a four-lane divided highway? I'm sure there was traffic was bad but considering 95% of the park's other operating days the crowds won't be nearly this bad...

With that logic hopefully those Facebook posters haven't tried to drive up and down I-4 lately or near any of the other parks. Perhaps Orlando should widen I-4 and build huge off ramps to each theme park (and outlets) because 2-3 weeks a year there is big traffic jams (don't even try to drive near any park on NYE after the new year... the entire city nearly becomes a stand still).

I don't really see a lot of the justification here. Face it, if any of you were stuck waiting an hour in line for food, I'm not sure any of you would still be thinking to yourselves, "this is great for the park, I'm so happy its this busy." Throw in my 5 year old sister, and you've got a whole other story.

I just can't feel sorry for anybody during this time of the year. It's pretty much common knowledge how bad these parks get during the week between Christmas and New Year's. And even if for some strange reason you didn't know, do a little homework before spending thousands of dollars on a vacation or even just spending a day at one of these parks. Heck, even in Legoland's first year, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

^Exactly. If I have to visit a park during a "peak time" like this, I know that the crowds are likely to be huge. Hell, Christmas Town at BGW on a Saturday or Sunday night can be pretty trying on one's patience, too.

From Twitter, it happening again, lol:

Good morning! @LEGOLANDFlorida is nearing capacity. Plan accordingly and watch this space for live updates.

It didn't happen again, they are still in line from yesterday!

Yeah I never feel bad when people complain about going to parks when they are packed. It's not hard to know when that will be. Same goes for buying things like a Flash Pass. I haven't bought one in a couple of years BECAUSE I plan my trips on days I know they won't be crowded. Same thing goes when people complain about the gate price at a park. Spend 5 minutes online and you will now what days are best to go and discounts to avoid full price.

Anyone going to the parks this week has no right to bitch/complain/talk bad anything about the parks being crowded. It's Christmas New Years. Unless you've been living under a rock everyone on earth knows that the parks are super busy this week.

Done.

I went to Disney for New Years Eve 99/00 and Magic Kingdom closed at 10:30 for capacity. Fortunately, I was going to MGM (at the time) and got there well before it "closed" with my cast member friends.

Like many people have said, Legoland will have to work this out on how they deal with traffic better. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new E-Ticket attraction moved up by 2013 depending on how the summer goes, which I'm sure will be great.

Also to note: You'll find that people complain more online than they will anywhere else. There is something about hiding behind your computer that makes you feel more brave, and generally those same people are much different in real-life situations. I do it too, but it happens more than you think.