TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Awesome coverage everyone, thanks!

Erik, any idea when/if we'll see two trains on Dragon?

A couple of questions, were there any playground areas similar to what Legoland California has? Anyone have any photos of Junior Driving School? Just thinking ahead for KT!

Thanks!

Wow they really need to clean up the water in the botanical gardens. That's just sad looking. Shame on Merlin for letting it look like rotted swampland.

Oh, yeah.... shame on Merlin.

Seriously...these pictures make the park look the BEST I've seen it in 20 years....and you're bitching about a pond?

Be grateful they kept the gardens.

Be grateful the park is open at all.

It could be a Wal-Mart.

Edited by robbalvey

Within a few days; On october 15th it will certainly be running in 2 in train operation.

A couple of questions, were there any playground areas similar to what Legoland California has?
As I haven't been to legoland california, I don't know what children play aria's they have. The florida version has multiple play aria's. There is a climbing/ sliding / netting thing near the castle; there is a ball pool thing in the egypt zone and the duplo zone will have a farm play aria (which wasn't ready today).

Anyone have any photos of Junior Driving School?

P1090513.thumb.JPG.6c13525729caba3081ce15a5d1125ba5.JPG

The junior driving school is just an oval.

Within a few days; On october 15th it will certainly be running in 2 in train operation.

What about October 14th? *wink* *wink*

Edited by robbalvey

With us having Merlin overload here in the UK, I am really keen to see how this park feels on my next visit to Florida in a few years.

Certainly, it'll be interesting to compare it with Legoland Windsor.

Really pleased to see another major attraction oping up, though. It looks pretty!

I can't imagine this park not doing well in the Orlando area. It's certainly better than when I was a kid and my parents dragged my sister and me to Cypress Gardens. You know what's more fun than looking at water skiers, hang gliders and a bajillion trees? Riding actual rides!

Being an Orlando resident with an almost three year old, I can say that locals with kids around my daughters age are psyched for LegoLand to open. I think the excitement is more than for the expanded Fantasy Land right now because it's finally here. It seems my little one can ride just about everything at LegoLand FL, not at Disney, SeaWorld, and definitely at Universal. This has parents happy to drive an hour down there! I'm excited! I've always wanted to go to LegoLand out in California, but now it's just down highway 27!

Great pics! The gardens do look great!

Being an Orlando resident with an almost three year old, I can say that locals with kids around my daughters age are psyched for LegoLand to open. I think the excitement is more than for the expanded Fantasy Land right now because it's finally here. It seems my little one can ride just about everything at LegoLand FL, not at Disney, SeaWorld, and definitely at Universal. This has parents happy to drive an hour down there! I'm excited! I've always wanted to go to LegoLand out in California, but now it's just down highway 27!

Great pics! The gardens do look great!

And that is the exact reasoning that many younger enthusiasts don't seem to grasp. This park will not be for everyone, but the state has a big enough populous for an alternative family park. Kids love Disney, but they love Legos too. Having been to the other 4 Legoland parks, kids really enjoy the interactivity and play areas. A different experience than Disney offers.

Wow, Merlin looks like they did a fantastic job with this park! Even though I'm a younger enthusiast, I can see that Legoland Florida would be a great local park and a decent alternative to the big Orlando parks for families who have smaller children and wouldn't mind driving to get there. It's too far away to draw a 'majority' of the tourists, but the local population seems to be excited for the park, and based on preview day, I wouldn't be surprised if it could sustain itself for a while.

I do think the capacity would be an issue, though. This park has the potential to draw a great number of people but not the potential to give everybody acceptable wait times. I know that the park is still being developed, but unless operations are improved and a few higher capacity rides are added, I don't think Legoland Florida will be able to handle the possible crowds that might await it in the future.

Wow they really need to clean up the water in the botanical gardens. That's just sad looking. Shame on Merlin for letting it look like rotted swampland.

Oh, yeah.... shame on Merlin.

Seriously...these pictures make the park look the BEST I've seen it in 20 years....and you're bitching about a pond?

Be grateful they kept the gardens.

Be grateful the park is open at all.

It could be a Wal-Mart.

Exactly. I'm just happy the whole place wasn't leveled for another failed strip mall which are overtaking the area. And it is actually built on a REAL lake and lakes sometimes have algae blooms and not so "pretty" water. While it may not be Disney perfect, it is perfectly normal.

^ Well, you do have to remember that three of them were already existing at the park prior to Lego coming in, and the 4th was one that they were dismantling anyway due to noise issues at their UK park. If you look at the Malaysia park, which they are building from the ground up, there are only two.

^Yeah, I understand that part. I mean, Legoland CA opened with just Dragon, added SpellBREAKING the next year, and then Technic the year after that. The way this looks however, I somewhat doubt the park will be getting a major new area aside from the water park next year.

Speaking of LLM, what happened? Is the project still actually going? It seems like we've heard so little news about it...

And it's already been confirmed that Legoland Dubai has been canceled. No surprise there...

Yes, Legoland Malaysia is still in the works to open in 2012.

Merlin is exploring opportunities in Korea for the next Legoland after Malaysia.

But let's get back to talking about Legoland Florida

Edited by larrygator

I've always wanted to check out a Legoland and it looks like I'll finally get a chance to this Fall or Spring. I've always wondered what the Legoland experience would be like for someone like me who is clearly not the target market (mid twenties, no kids, kind of a thrill ride fan). It looks like a really fun place to spend half a day or so, but I have a feeling I'll visit it once get all of the credits, have a decent time but not have the urge to go back until after I have kids.

Then again, it may just be a really fun park that even though it doesn't have any great thrill rides is so much fun that I want to visit a couple times a year?

I guess i really just don't know what to expect?.

I've always wanted to check out a Legoland and it looks like I'll finally get a chance to this Fall or Spring. I've always wondered what the Legoland experience would be like for someone like me who is clearly not the target market (mid twenties, no kids, kind of a thrill ride fan). It looks like a really fun place to spend half a day or so, but I have a feeling I'll visit it once get all of the credits, have a decent time but not have the urge to go back until after I have kids.

Then again, it may just be a really fun park that even though it doesn't have any great thrill rides is so much fun that I want to visit a couple times a year?

I guess i really just don't know what to expect?.

Legoland is best experienced with at least 2-3 friends. I don't mind going to most parks solo, but I have felt out of place at Legoland when by myself.

• 2 weeks later...