TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

3 Skyrail Marble Coasters Combined = geektastic

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many households with these sets have had to replace display cases, TVs or any other glass object that may have been in the path of a run-a-way ball when it flew off the track?

Nice video, looks like you could really have a lot of fun with a set that large. Would like to see you push those little marbles to the limits with steep drops, over banked turns and inversions.

What, no loop?

No, the track is so imperfect that when you put a loop on these sets, it takes up WAY TOO MUCH of the kinetic energy and you have to make the rest of your run significantly smaller. We had made a couple runs with loops, but they were way shorter.

I actually have one of these Space Warps, still waiting to be assembled. My aunt who works at a thrift store found this set and got it for a mere 8 bucks. Retail was about $70 I believe.

It totally reminds me of SpaceWarps, but with some MAJOR disadvantages. You can't do really tight elements - all the turns are pre-fab at 90 degrees - turns have NO BANKING WTF?! - and no lift, of course. Still fun, though, for something so cheap. We spent a few days solid playing with these.

Nice video, looks like you could really have a lot of fun with a set that large. Would like to see you push those little marbles to the limits with steep drops, over banked turns and inversions.

Yeah, we did a few layouts with big drops and stuff, but the house we were house sitting at had cats and they kept wreaking havoc on anything that was within their reach. I'm sure we'll do more runs in the future. I'll post vid if and when we do. I was thinking of taking it to the front yard and seeing what we could come up with.

Reminds me of one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHpycDDElQY

I actually have one of these Space Warps, still waiting to be assembled. My aunt who works at a thrift store found this set and got it for a mere 8 bucks. Retail was about $70 I believe.

I had one of those as a kid. One of the best presents ever, until we found out I couldn't get replacement parts anymore. It was yough making a coaster when you'd cut the rails so many times they were only a few inches long!