TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Six Flags Over New Orleans

We went into park and headed right to Batman after seeing that it looked like it may storm and Batman was the ride i wanted to do most since i have never been a on anyother Batmans, let alone any other SixFlags. Their may have been maybe 100 people in the entire park, so we didnt really have to wait in anylines except for the loading station ones. When we were getting on Batman i was hoping my mom wouldnt get off it having to puke. It ended up that she loved it and it was quite obvious because i could hear her during the ride.

We got off Batman and headed to Zydeco Scream. This was my first boomerang coaster. Their was basicly no line and my mom was freaking out saying stuff like "so were going up backwards going forwards than backwards again?" and "why is everybody sitting in the back?" and so on until the train actually dropped and then she started again once we started going on the lift for the backwords part.

When we got off we noticed that the storm was gone and headed to MegaZeph. My mom doesnt like woodies but she went on it anyways. I realized why it was called MegaZeph as we were going in the entrance where a sign said "Sponsered By The New Orleans Zephers". MegaZeph had a good layout and looked like normal woodie but was not bumpy, but extremely bumpy as in getting air time when not even at the top of the hill and getting it again and again... Their was also some really intense lateral G's that hurt. It would be an awsome coaster if it where a little smoother.

We got off and my mom wasnt to happy about the coaster so we went on MardiGras Madness, which was a shooter darkride which was pretty corny and we waited in the longest line for it.

When we got off we where beside The Jester which people kept saying hurt your head and was painful, but we where there and you just cant go to a theme park and not go on a coaster. It wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. It was actually kind of good but not enough to want to ride it again.

After getting off we headed to Bayou Blasters, which are the freefall towers. After that we headed to Batman but we saw Ozarka Splash and decided to go on it. It was a pretty good log flume and a ride op. was dancing on the platform next to the last drop.

We got off pretty wet and headed toward Batman again. Their was no line for front seats so we got them. It was cool going over the lake on the first car but the last corkscrew hurt a little but it was still very nice ride. We got off and headed toward exit. When we where leaving to go meet someone for dinner we got lost and by the time we got there they had already finished dinner.

Overall the park was great. It was very well themed with New Orleans and i think gave me an idea of what other SixFlags parks are like. It doesnt take long to do all the coasters and other rides but once again it was a great park.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Use to be a park in new orleans called Pontchartrain Beach.

This park had a wooden coaster called Zephyr.

Megazeph was named after that coaster.

Good for you that the threat of rain kept your waits minimal but also good that it didn't rain and ruin your visit!