TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Florida August 2009

Hey guys!

Recently I went away with my family and Girlfriend for a two week holiday to Florida; the third time in 10 years no less! It is also the first time in 10 years my mum has flown anywhere.

We flew out from Gatwick on the 19th Aug. We got to hang out in the British Airways Lounge before take-off and were upgraded to Economy+ whilst mum and dad were upgraded to 1st class (thanks to a nice man my dad knows from work as an air traffic controller).

It was a lot hotter then I remembered it being even though I’ve only ever visited during late August. The villa was the perfect size for the 5 of us and the pool was deep (I'm nearly 6' 7") albeit a bit small.

We did all the Disney parks for the first week. Before the holiday I was worried that the park would lose its appeal to me now that I'm older and have visited previously. I was right. I always enjoy theme parks and Disney is no exception but it really lost a lot of the magic on me which is a real shame. However going on the few rides I have never ridden, which were mainly the ones opened within the last four years, the magic returned.... However having said that my favourite rides didn't disappoint, especially the upgrades to Pirates and Haunted Mansion.

The remainder of the holiday was spent at the other parks and due to it being the last week of August, there were hardly any queues which I'm always a fan of. The holiday became a balancing act of photography and fun/relaxation the longer we spent in Florida. I can tell you now that it wasn't easy, when I was doing one thing I wanted to do the other!

One of my best moments was at IOA on Bilge rat Barges......A ride none of my family have ever been on. I have seen on-ride videos and photos before, even walked past it when it was closed the two previous visits to Florida, but I wasn't prepared for it let alone the rest of my family! I've never had so much fun getting soaked, period!

Any who, it was a pretty standard Florida Vacation I guess, which is why I don't want to rant on too long, instead let me share with you my favourite photos instead....

Wishes on the last night of the holiday:

Water totem heads in Adventure land:

Splash Mountain just before it tipped it down!:

Big Thunder Mountain Entrance....as if it wasn't obvious:

A quick glance at the parents over the shoulder:

Sheikra's turn before the splash:

The only Americans at the park that day :

Kumba:

Tiger:

Kumba:

Sheikra’s first drop:

Montu:

Wet faces on JPRA:

BIG SPLASH!:

Bilge rat Barges:

This is why you get so wet....:

Hulk Tunnel:

Hulk 'Screw:

Your going to get wet.....an unacceptable amount:

Shamu entertaining the audience:

Manta taken at dusk:

Best part of the ride:

Expedition Everest flags on a pole:

HDR of the Hat:

HDR of the entrance to Rock 'n' Rollercoaster:

Tower of Terror Entrance Sign:

HDR of the Tower taken during Twilight (get the link? ):

Ouch:

The car under the entrance to Rock 'n' Rollercoaster:

Run Indy, Run!:

To view all of the photos from the trip, including the ones above, in larger sizes and/or on black, please visit my Flickr Page.

Thanks Guys,

Gareth

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pictures, I am heading down there at the end of January, and cant wait to experience some of the new rides since my last visit. Again, those are some amazing pictures.

^That would be interesting to see them paint it especially since it goes over the water, but it could use a little paint here and there.