TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme park senior project

sclisso

I didn't know whether to post this in the theme park forum or what but anyway... Next semester in school I have to complete a senior project, I don't know if other states do this or not but If you don't know what this is I'll explain. It's a large project for seniors in high school(obviously) where you must do a research paper on your topic and a product( a model) of something to go along with it. Then there are three judges who score your project. You must pass the senior project to graduate high school so it's a pretty big deal.

I'm trying to get a head start and think of my topic.I want to do something on roller coasters and/or theme parks but I have no clue what I could possibly do. So anyone have any ideas for me? That would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the concept of Senior projects..got 2 of them coming up at the university...1 for each major.

Anyway, I'd also go for the NL idea...maybe you can do some kind of explanation of how coasters work: how they stay upside down on the track, what holds you in, and what lifts you out of the seat. If you know how to edit videos, you can just take a video of a coaster and add some narrative to it, show the upstops, the brakes, and the g's when it hits a vertical loop. If you were going the route of editing a video, it probably wouldn't hurt to use one of the premades so you can focus on the video aspect of it.

Hmm that is an interesting idea.It would be more of a physics type project. I kinda wondered about something business like how a theme park business works or something. I'm majoring in accounting in college after I'm done with high school so I thought maybe something with business would be good since it would be going along with my intended major.

Well, if there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that when building a theme park empire, it is always a good idea to rename one of your guests John D. Rockefeller, then have a bunch of guys doing nothing but take out trash and sweep litter for 20 years with no paid break...