TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Luna Park - Sydney PTR

So I went on a weekend break to Sydney last Easter and couldn't miss up the chance to get a rather unique credit!

Now if you don't know Luna Park is a rather small park just to the west of Sydney Harbour Bridge (on the north shore of Port Jackson) with one rollercoaster, a wooden Wild Mouse which I think dates back to the 1930's?

Anyway by the time I got there it was sunset and the park was closing early (due to it being a sunday) so I only went on the credit!

(Please ignore if some of the photos don't work, Facebook is being a massive vagina tonight)

The rather stunning entrance towers to Luna Park

Which hide this gruesome thing!

This is what those eyes can see!

And just to right.. Quite alot of water for everything to fall into

They have a small Ferris Wheel

This thing

Mirrors which show you your actual height (And made crazy big lipped floating heads appear above you!)

Looking back towards the entrance and Sydney Harbour Bridge

Comical cutouts!

The WildMouse is mainly hidden from view in the park behind a facade

there used to an Arrow ride here, which terrifies me due to the location! http://www.rcdb.com/1141.htm The ride was removed due to noise complaints, i'm not suprised since the park is overlooked by apartment blocks!

Bug Bug Bug

The lights come on the Funhouse as it gets darker

Slides of death inside the Funhouse

One tilted photo..

Signage!

Me and my Subway bag give Luna Park a bit of approval

Outside the park the Wild Mouse is hidden again!

It could almost be Newcastle, except there are no drunks littering the streets!

Me sitting on a pole..

I didn't have enough time to get on the Ferris Wheel for some proper views unfortunately

Waiting for the Ferry isn't so boring with the view

Sunset in Sydney

The entrance just gets creepier given that the teeth light up!

Lights ablaze

I'm sailing away... On a ferry to Darling Harbour.

fin.

About the Wildmouse itself:

It's been opened closed and moved quite a few times in its life, infact it used to get uprooted every year for their Easter show. I think it's pretty much the Blackpool Wildmouse without the upper layer that got added at PBB.

Now seeing as I didn't get a layout shot or any sort of good overview of the ride, RCDB has kindly donated me these pictures

http://www.rcdb.com/1140.htm?p=8607

http://www.rcdb.com/1140.htm?p=22256

http://www.rcdb.com/1140.htm?p=22257

I urge everyone to go visit Australia, it's a stunning country/continent. Just don't talk to any of the locals. I'm quite sure everyone there is clinically insane.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I object to this qote:

It could almost be Newcastle, except there are no drunks littering the streets!

As a local to Newcastle I accept that Geordies do like a drink or two but we do not litter the streets of Newcastle - if you don't believe me I'll take you down the quayside on a Friday night to demonstrate.

newcastle.jpg.5a09d6dae8deca1506b8542c09764676.jpg

"Not Sydney"

Great TR! I've always wanted to visit Luna Park. Hasn't it closed down and reopened like 5 times or something? Looks like a fun little place.

there used to an Arrow ride here, which terrifies me due to the location!

They moved it to Dreamworld. You didn't miss much, it's terrible.

^ Correct and half correct. The park has had a chequered history, with the ghost train fire, the many ownerships, and the more recent resident noise complaints.

I have to disagree though, I think the Big Dipper (now Cyclone) is a very good ride, all thats missing is some decent operations (this is a ride which only has 1 train, with some terrible operations). It's a half decent ride in my opinion.

As a local to Newcastle I accept that Geordies do like a drink or two but we do not litter the streets of Newcastle - if you don't believe me I'll take you down the quayside on a Friday night to demonstrate.

Yeh but just to prove a point i'll be in the gutter by the end of the night Hell, i'd be in it anyway!

Yeh I had to pay $10 AUS for a ride ticket which was shocking. But i'm unlikely to get back to Sydney for a long time, and seeing as the park has a somewhat dodgy history of opening I thought it's now or never.

The Australian locals are quite nice, except Queensland. Met (and quickly ran away from) some very odd people there.