TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kennywood or Cedar Point on Labor Day

For those that are in the know about these two parks, I was thinking of taking a trip out to either one for Labor Day. I know some parks are insane on Labor Day like Great Adventure but others like Hersheypark aren't bad at all... Which one of these two parks should I hit up for Labor Day or will both be horrible in terms of crowds???

Thank you very much in advance...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Cedar Point. I would expect both to have bad crowds but there's always that chance where Kennywood will run one train on every coaster when CP is running as much as possible. Even with huge crowds at CP you could probably get on quite a few good rides. Besides Phantom at Kennywood, I kind of think of Kennywood's coasters as "Fun, I could keep riding them, but with an hour long wait...I think I'll just ride it once and leave" and if you think the same as me at the park...you will probably get bored quickly.

^ I agree. Kennywood would be a good park to visit on a non-holiday weekend. CP should have almost all the trains running on the major coasters so lines should move fairly quick.

My family used to go to CP every Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend and I can say the crowds were never insanely long.

However...I definitely wouldn't plan for walk-on's and 15 minute waits, as they are forecasting a beautiful weekend for the NorthEast which could bring out larger crowds. Particularly knowing people have been frustrated with the crappy weather we have had around the Great Lakes region this summer.

Go to Kennywood because I'm there.

In all honesty, CP may be your better option, but as of late KW has been good about adding extra trains when the crowds get large, so I wouldn't count them out. There will probably be long lines regardless of which park you go to.

I ended up going to Cedar Point and the crowd was very light from noon to 6 pm got on all 15 coasters. All but 2 were 10-15 min waits or immedieate station entries/ walk ons. Those 2 being Melenium Force (30 min wait) and Maverick (45 min wait). The weather forecast scared people away I think. But bedides 30 seconds of the lightest drizzle you can imagine the rain held off til just after 6pm literally as we pulled out of the lot. Worked out perfectly. Saw the signs for Kennywood while on the turnpike coming back, was wondering how it ended up there. I still need to get there this year.