TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas help

I will driving down to texas for the state fair and will have the opportunity to visit SFOT on Oct 9th. The park is only open from 6 pm to 11 pm. This is also during the halloween thing. I need to know what attractions are open and what to go to first. This is my first time to visit the park. Please reply.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much of my trips during Fright Fest have not required a fastpass, October 9th should'nt be to bad, expect 15-20 mintue wait. Freeze & Batman will be closed, as well as Flashback, thats about it.

Well at least they're saving money...Batman and Freeze were never closed for Fright Fest before, at least as I remember.

As for help, Make sure to check out Runaway Mountain, Shockwave, Texas Giant, Runaway Mine Train and Titan for sure! When you enter the park, go to the right first because that tends to be the more crowded side, and besides, the left side of the park is beautiful at night!

I'm not in the know about what will be open and what won't be, but assuming most things are open I'd go with Robb & everyone else saying get a (gold) flash pass. That park is packed with great coasters, you can just make a loop around the park riding to your heart's content. Even the mr. freeze is a mirrored version of the st. louis one, so it's kind of cool being pulled in different directions especially when traveling backwards.

Don't miss shockwave, that ride caught me by surprise as an amazing front seat ride, almost in my top 10 of 100.

Don't miss the back seat (with the extra seat belt) for some insane ejector airtime.

It's no longer "extra" anymore. All the seats have them now. I didn't get a backseat ride but I was pretty close to the back, still good though. Watch out for those loops! High G's and intensity.

And like everyone said, get the Flashpass Gold. It may be like $62 but it was so worth it. Without it I don't think I would have been able to get in 11 coasters in 1 day.

I don't think Freeze and Batman are closed, they were open back in March when I went atleast.

• 1 month later...

To tack my question on to this, do they have any scarezones for Fright Fest? Went to Fright Fest at SFSTL and they did, but I can't find any info aside from mazes. I'll be going the day of the UT v. OU game so I'm thinking the park will be empty and I won't need a flashpass. Or at least I hope I don't need one since I don't think I have the budget for that being a starving grad student.

Attended the Fair on Friday. You have got to be sure to try the fried butter. No, I'm not kidding! It tastes really good! (if you like buttery bread) FYI, be prepared to spend some money; the fair is not cheap. It costs $10 to park, $15 a person to get in, plus the rides all cost extra. (bigger rides, ferris wheel, spinning mouse, etc. are as much as 12 coupons=6 bucks per person). Despite the price, I love the atmosphere, so it's worth it. We had an absolute blast!

I went to SFOT yesterday and had a blast! The only coaster that was down was Flashback because they're using the queue area for one of the haunted houses. You can get a pass for all four houses for only $15. The two houses sponsored by the Boy Scouts were actually pretty good. Studio 13 was my personal favorite. Make sure to go through Skullduggery, which has a very cool arrangement, after dark. It's more of a haunted woods kind of thing and is much creepier at night.

Hope you have fun!

I have a similar question. I'm planning on going to SFOT for the first time ever on the day after Thanksgiving. They're only open for a few days and only in the evening for some reason.

Does anyone know if most of the attractions would normally be open on a day like that, or is it some kind of special event/festival that would generally see most of the attractions closed?

Thanks in advance for any tips you have. You guys are a great source of info!

^ This is the start of Holiday in the Park. This generally brings in a large crowd. I went a few years ago the day after Thanksgiving and the park was packed. Gotham City will be closed-(Freeze and Batman) and Good Time Square (Flashback) The Giant is usually closed. Titan, La Vibora, Judge Roy Scream(i think), Superman, Tony Hawk, are open. Even though the park is packed its a great time to go. I love Holiday in the Park. They have the entire park lit up with Christmas lights, they have hot cocoa, and other holiday treats, and different locations around the park that have firepits to keep you warm. The holiday shows are great, the shows can get quite packed so make sure you find a time you want to go and get tickets. As time gets closer check out SF site, they should have more info about what is and isn't open. Hope this helps!

^ This is the start of Holiday in the Park. This generally brings in a large crowd.

Depends, If it's a Saturday/Sunday, It'll be bad, unless you go in the beginning of an event. I went to Fright Fest opening weekend Fri/Sat/Sun

and it was very dry. Same with HitP because there generally less crowds anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who wanted to know, much like myself, what they do for Fright Fest, its pretty much the mazes and shows listed on their site and thats it. There was theming all over the park, but 0 scare zones or actors and nothing really frightening at all about it. Actually the only time I saw scare actors was in the afternoon as they were showing up for work and some walked around freaking out people, but nada once night fell. Might have a PTR sometime later, but swamped with school at the moment.