TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TV ALERT: Extreme Terror Rides 2: Death Defying Drops

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a number of coasters that they could've shown instead of water parks and a place to sand board. My top favorite: Behemoth, Millennium Force, SheiKra or Griffon, etc. But really, a wave pool? Meh, at least they showed something local for me. Slingshot.

I watched the re-run at midnight & thought it was ok. I was annoyed with all of the water park stuff & less coasters. I think it is funny how they film the gp in these shows & the gp tries to act like they no what they are talking about but they sound so stupid to enthusiasts like when they don't understand what airtime is or call a barrel roll a 360.

The show was terrible, its the only themepark related show I actually deleted from my tivo before it was over. The best parts on the show were the measly two minutes of giant drop and the chick in the green bikini on the raft slide at Schliterbahn that the camera man kept pointing his camera at.

The show was pretty good, it just bothers me how they put a wave pool and a sand park in a "Death-Defying Drops" themed show.

Agreed...not to be a fanboy or anything but X2 definitely should have been in there. One of the best drops around.

EDIT: Just saw "Steel Dragon 2000 coming up!" It showed part of Robb's POV.

There are a number of coasters that they could've shown instead of water parks and a place to sand board. My top favorite: Behemoth, Millennium Force, SheiKra or Griffon, etc. But really, a wave pool? Meh, at least they showed something local for me. Slingshot.

Ugh, these shows spent more then enough time showing Millennium Force between 2000-2005...

I'll watch a replay at some point, I became disillusioned with these shows after the late 90's when they started recycling footage and some of the mispronouncing, incorrect facts, etc. started to bother me more. Normally they're fun to watch if only to see some decent footage, though.

^ They had the Star Flyer because it's the fastest swing ride in the world. I'm not sure if they mentioned anything fast (like how fast the water moves) for the wave machine. I wasn't really listening at that part.

Yeah I stopped watching before the Star Flyer part out of boredom...I suppose I should have watched it before I commented...but then I'd have to watch it.

Hey Robb & TPR, CONGRATS on the Steel Dragon 2000 footage being included in the Mega Speed show!

Unless I'm completely inept at detecting TPR footage when I see it, and hearing Robb saying "Oh my god, what was that?" in one of his wonderfully random on-ride comments, that was all from TPR right?

The POV looked great on the show. Nice job!

I think it is funny how they film the gp in these shows & the gp tries to act like they no what they are talking about but they sound so stupid to enthusiasts like when they don't understand what airtime is or call a barrel roll a 360.

Technically, a barrel roll is a 360 degree maneuver.

• 2 weeks later...
TPR's footage is better than most of the TV shows

It really is. And I'm not just being biased (ok, I'm being biased!) But so many of the "TV Production Companies" use rigs that are degined for automobiles, not roller coasters!

And so often I see a crew that knows nothing about a coaster mount a camera to a peice of shakey fiberglass or somewhere on the train that isn't going to provide a smooth image.

We shot footage on probably at *least* 50 coasters this year!

I don't think there is a single production company out there that shoots more footage on roller coasters than TPR does.

That's why we're the best at it!

--Robb

Haha, Robb you own the freakin monopoly of roller coaster television. You film, distribute, act, and sell... watch out for the FBI!

I agree with everyone though, great work on everything. Also I'm looking for a production job, maybe someday you'll want other people to do the filming instead of you? Just thinking out loud, haha.

Extreme Terror Rides: Mega Speed on again!!

Travel Channel On right now, mountain time!!

Just wanted to add to the Congrats on TPR footage on Travel Channel!!

Hearing Robb on Steel Dragon brought back so many memories and it's great to have summer coaster TPR Flashbacks in October!!

These shows might not be the greatest but, I still enjoy them very much!!

Ride Onnn!!!!