TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Non-Death at Universal Studios Hollywood

UPDATE! Fox News just corrected themselves that a woman FAINTED, and did not DIE as originally reported! Go Fox news.

Just saw this on the Fox11 News. I can't find an article to link to yet, but the news claimed that a woman died on Jurassic Park today. They have not released any more information than that at this time.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A close friend of mine used to work at Disney Paris during the summer and she encountered 3 deaths in the 2 months she worked there. Last year I talked to her friend who works there permanently and she says it happens about once a month that someone dies at the Disney resort.

The only part of the ride I can think of that might induce an accident is the drop. But I guess you could fall out of the boat at any time and drown, too.

I'm sure by morning we'll know a lot more.

Eric

Or get out of the boat during the ride...

Hate it happened, and I hope for cont. my faith in humanity this was not another stupid act of bad judgment. Still sad either way.

*Remember that you tube video of the kid going though the water to get his hat @ JP. I just don't get it...

Wow that's ridiculous! Perhaps the media shouldn't report on something until they have conclusive evidence.

Also, it's ridiculous how quick people are to dial up their phones whenever a coaster stops on the lift or an evacuation takes place.

LOL, I should have known better than to listen to Fox News!

That'll learn ya.

Our whole "24-hour news cycle" tends to encourage this sort of sloppiness (and not just from Fox). At least they corrected themselves quickly.

^ Unfortunately the PR damage is likely already done. I am sure some people will have heard the first story about someone dying and not the second and spread the word to others.

"I heard one of the Velociraptors ate her"

Wow! There is a mighty big difference between fainting and death. If I was USH I would be farily upset over this report.

I think Fox is trying to make up for the mistake. They are currently at the additions for the Halloween Horror Nights interviewing the talent that will be part of The Rockey Horror Picture Show.

I sneezed on Steel Force once and the local Fox News station reported that I had a seizure and had a medevac pick me up and fly me out of the park from the mid-course breaks. I died upon arrival to the hospital. 18 hours later Fox retracted the story and reported I merely sneezed. Unfortunately the damage had already been done, and Dorney's attendance went down 60% over the rest of the season.

^ Correct. It's the local affiliate. Rupert Murdoch has nothing to do with it except the name.

She probably had an underlying condition (faint heart or something) and the ride triggered something fatal.

Either that or the T-res ate her.

I love the speculation without any details. Then it turns out to be wrong!