TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's West Coast Trip 2009!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TPR sports are the best! When we were at SFFT, there were a few passing storms, so after dinner they gave us frisbees, soccer balls, volleyball, and footballs! Everyone was having a great time running around like little kids at recess!

California's Great America Update!!!

Join Theme Park Review as we ride the WORST WOODEN ROLLER COASTER IN THE WORLD! And also some awesome stuff like Flight Deck aka Top Gun, one of the most awesome and intense B&M Inverts ever built! (In fact you'll see a full POV video of it in the update!)

So check out all the awesomeness that was our day at California's Great America here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=205&linkid=8656

Enjoy the update!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

I agree, Flight Deck is a very underrated kick arse coaster. As for the Grizzly, in my opinion it doesn't even come close to the crappiness of Predator at Darien Lake. ...Though it's still funny that it ends up being last every year in the poll.

As for the Grizzly, in my opinion it doesn't even come close to the crappiness of Predator at Darien Lake. ...Though it's still funny that it ends up being last every year in the poll.

I agree...I can think of at least a half dozen woodies that are worse - Predator, White Canyon, Anaconda, just to name a few.

But I think to keep up with tradition you almost have to rank it dead last!

Grizzly is---and has always been---the wooden coaster we like to make fun of.

That's it right there. It is by far not the worst on my list, but publicly, the one I'll put down the most... well that and Wilde Beast at Canada's Wonderland. I think it's lower on the list, because more people have experienced its crappiness just because it's in California. Not because it's actually the worst.

Flight Deck is awesome. That is my favorite B&M inverted coaster in California even though I've ridden it the least out of the three. It's interesting that it is the smallest inverted coaster yet is one of the best.

Grizzly, on the other hand, is my least favorite wooden coaster. The ride isn't rough, and it does have a couple decent drops, but other than those two drops the rest of the ride is very slow and boring. Everyone who visits the park still needs to ride it just so they can claim they've been on the worst wooden coaster in the world.

These updates are really coming quickly. At this rate they'll be finished by the end of the month.

TPR Visits Six Flags Magic Mountain!

The TPR West Coast Tour hits up Six Flags Magic Mountain for a crazy packed day! Filled with Goliath, X2, Tatsu, Terminator, Deja Vu, and more ERT! A special VIP lunch at Johnny Rockets. Water Park ERT at Hurricane Harbor. A private dinner at Mooseburger Lodge. More ERT on Terminator. Flash Passes for everyone!

This is how TPR travels... IN STYLE!!!

Check out the update here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=23&linkid=8707

Enjoy the update!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Dang, I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain during Spring Break but because of the flight times and the crowdedness, my coaster count was very low:

(in order)

X2---1

Tatsu---1

Superman: The Escape---1

Terminator Salvation---1

Revolution---1

My family did not want to stay very long because they get tired easily, also flights out of California were book completely so we HAD to get out of California immediately. This seriously looked like a job for (Insert Trumpet fanfare here), Flash Pass!

Thanks for the awesome report Robb,

It was a fantastic day and I thoroughly enjoyed it and would love to go back someday.

ERT was great, especially the extra evening and surprise ERT the evening before. The atmosphere in the queue and station whilst waiting for X2 on that extra evening was electric as it seemed like a ton of us from the group had rushed directly to ride X2 and only about 2 people in the line from our group had ridden it before so a load of us had never experienced a coaster like it and it was insane!

Food was great that day and the flash passes helped immensely.

Thanks so much to everyone involved who helped make it such a great day! - Was just annoying how we had to be up extremely early the following morning for behind the scenes at Universal Studios!

Despite crashing in the afternoon because of the heat (I went to the hotel for 3 hours in the afternoon), this was my favorite day (actually my favorite 26 hours including the night before) on the WCT.

It was so amazing to have that much ERT at one of the biggest parks in the world.

• 3 weeks later...

It's Credit Whore day!

TPR Visits Scandia Fun Center and John's Incredible Pizza!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=187&linkid=8853

Check this update for...

Roller Coasters that challenge your manhood and...

Spicy Peanut Butter Pizza!!! (no joke!)

Enjoy the update!

--Robb

I really liked John's Incredible Pizza! I think a location would do AMAZING up here in Valencia, especially after visiting our local Chuck E Cheese last month it was just pathetic compared to Incredible Johns!