TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Anyone WORKING the theme park Halloween Events

I thought it was related. but a different subject than the "Halloween Events" thread.

Anyone planning on temporary working for one of the parks this Halloween? I am TRULY contemplating working at Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream, the auditions start this Friday (8/5) & run throughout the month.

It seems like fun cause I love scarin' me some people!

My only fear is, some mofo might get a little defensive & try to deck me (people are chicken s**t like that).

Anyone have any stories of past experiences?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear they can be pretty fun to work at. Look for the haunt boards on westcoaster to be lighting up in a few weeks.

Remember though, if your working youmay not have time to actually see the other mazes in the park. That reason alone has kept me from working Holloween events, as fun as I know they are.

Oh, and you will be hit by guests. Just be sure to have good security around to throw them out of the park. I love watching ***holes getting thrown out!

-Don

Oh, and you will be hit by guests. Just be sure to have good security around to throw them out of the park. I love watching ***holes getting thrown out!

-Don

That's the only problem I have with this! People act stupid, try to be brave & swing on someone who's there DOIN' WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM TO DO WITH YOUR ADMISSION TICKET! I got a slightly bad temper so I might have kick someone's a$$ if they hit me in the face or something...and that wouldn't be cool.

According to the BG site, the auditions are pretty much EVERY Friday evening & Saturday afternoon in August! But they recommend to audition early! Hmmm...I wish I had someone else to do it with me!

In two years of being right in guests faces, at their feet, harassing them, and all sorts of other stuff...I have yet to be hit.

I have a theory on being hit at haunt events: 99% of the time monsters who do gvet hit are either (a) exaggerating to seem cool or (b) doing a whole hell of a lot more than just scaring to the point where they desere to get it.

It's all about knowing when enough is enough. You might think it's funny as hell to be chasing the gang banger around (and it is), and you can tell yourself all you want that "he came to *insert Haunt attraction name here*, of course he's going to get scared," but if you don't move on when the guy is clearly getting irritated...you're getting hit.