TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair Labor Day Weekend

DaveH80

So in a few weeks I'll be taking a trip to Minneapolis driving to Chicago making several park stops. My one concern was Valleyfair, I am planning to do this park Friday 9/4 in the afternoon or Saturday 9/5 at open...My first question is which of the 2 days/time would be most suggested, also I have not been to this park before so need all 7 credits (8th Credit is Mild Thing...don't believe I can get on that one ) I guessed Steel Venom & Renegade would pose as the 2 longest lines, but unsure about general ops & anyone who has a good suggested plan I would greatly appriciate your input. I do realize Renegade is way in the back so I don't know if I hike back there first or if it's OK to make my way back there grabbing all credits on the way. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go at open, and then just head staright back to Renegade. That's the only ride I think you'll see long lines at all day. You'll probably wnat a couple fo rides on it anyway. Just get that out of the way, and hit up Excalibur immediately after that, as it's at a dead end toward the back of the park too.

Not sure about Labor Day crowds, but that's how I always attack that park, as it's not horrendously big and everyone heads to Renegade.

I'm not Valleyfair expert, and I've not been there on a Holiday, but here's how I've gone through the park each time:

- Renegade (ride until the line gets too long for you to handle)

- Excalibur (get this pile out of the way)

- Crazymouse

- Wild Thing

- Steel Venom

- Corkscrew

- High Roller

This way you work the park back to front, and end up in the center, which allows you to get back to any of the rides in fairly short order.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, great advice. I got all of my credits & definately agree w/ the order to ride all coasters. However, I had to ride Excalibur last as it didn't open until 11a. Renegade was Excellent Over all a very nice, clean park & fun coasters.