TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo Trip Report: Every credit in Arizona

JimmyBo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schnepf has a coaster out there? I had no idea. Gotta head out there post-haste, it's a good place.

It isn't 110° in May around here! Those temperatures wait until at LEAST early June!

Oh, while in Tucson, an absolute must for food is Cafe Poca Cosa. Best Mexican in the state, hands-down. Get the Plato Poca Cosa; you'll find out what you're eating when it hits the table. I get it every time I go, and I'm always thrilled. They're in the middle of summer vacations, so one or the other of their two locations (about three minutes walking from each other) will be open. Either way, stellar stuff.

If you need to beat the heat, go up Mount Lemmon and do their ski lift skyride. You'll ascend nearly 6,000 feet in 45 minutes of driving, then another 900 feet on the lift. Once you're down off the lift, go around to Summerhaven and stop in Cookie Cabin for one of their cookies. They're nearly as big as your head.

^On a side note about Summerhaven...the place hasn't been the same since the horrible Aspen fire in 2003. Half the town burnt down and my favorite pie shop closed it's doors earlier this summer. Not that many locals travel up there anymore which makes it great for tourists.

And I think Nico's is the best Mexican food in the entire Southwest...hand down!

If any of you plan on going to Schnepf Farms make sure you call ahead. You can't just show up and tell them to run the coaster. Big Mike Headquarters was in constant contact with Kerri and she was able to open it up just for us. They usually have it open to the public during the Fall when they have tons of events at the Farm.