TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silverwood from above in the summer.

Boulder Beach which is on the north side of the park. We didn't get the whole thing in the shot but hey, I didn't crash either!

Coaster Alley. Notice that Panic Plunge is half way down the tower! Or half way up.

Coaster at the top of the Corkscrew

The parking lot is as big as Coaster Alley!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or is there a landing strip just to the left of the park in the last picture?

The park's owner bought the land for the landing strip back in the 80s. He then decided to do more with the land, and built an amusement park. Up until they built the water park it was a fully functional airport. Now it is just used by the owner and people with prior permission.

And I think the park owns something like 750 acres.

Great pics, thanks for posting them.

They definitely do have room to expand if they choose to do so. The train goes pretty far back in those patch of woods on the other side of the landing strip, so I'm assuming they could always start heading in that direction.

Is it just me, or is there a landing strip just to the left of the park in the last picture?

The park's owner bought the land for the landing strip back in the 80s. He then decided to do more with the land, and built an amusement park. Up until they built the water park it was a fully functional airport. Now it is just used by the owner and people with prior permission.

And I think the park owns something like 750 acres.

Yeah, the train ride goes WAAAAAAY the hell back into the woods. Longest amusement park train I've ever been on.

It sure looks fun. I hope I'll be able to get there this summer because my family spent most of our trip money on Magic Mountain. Tremors and Terminator Salvation are too close for me to call for best wooden coaster in the west (at least in my opinion) so getting on Tremors would be nice. Great photos by the way. These overhead shots are great. I've heard that Silverwood is filled to capacity everyday. Aftershock runs great (at least it did last summer) and their wooden roller coasters are still running strong. Great Great photos.