TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom [RCT2]

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thunder Run was built in 1990 too! Heres a tip when Thunder Run was first built (I think until about 1994) There was no bridge. The entrance was near the first aid building and you would have to cross the highway and cross a bridge that goes over a ravine. Remember there is a small creek near where Roller Skater is now and then walk to the entrance of Thunder Run. The Bridge is still there. If you look straight ahead while cresting Skaters lift you can see it. But it's almost covered in over brush.

Sorry for the lack of updates. the year 1990 and Kentucky Kingdom has reopen to great succes and in response Ed Hart purchased land across the road. the new area is themed to a belgum village, and while small in size the area will expand. the main edition is a wooden rollercoaster Thunder Run, and the Giant Wheel. currently peeps are led across the highway by crossing guards until the footbridge is finished construction.

I will post a new download later. Sorry but I am using both TT and WW.

SCR43.BMP

overview of thunder run

SCR42.BMP

the new footbridge under construction

SCR41.BMP

the Giant Wheel

SCR40.BMP

the new boardwalk leading to the giant wheel

SCR39.BMP

here is the temporary entrance to the new land.

SCR37.BMP

Thunder Run, due to limitations i had to change the layout of the que and exit

SCR38.BMP

the new Belgum Villiage area. although small it will be expanded next year. the sign has since been change

Sorry for the lack of updates. the year is 1992 and KK has just expanded and added a new waterpark. hurricane bay features a large wave pool, two kiddie play areas and the large Mt Slide Hai slide complex. Also new this year is the Flying Dutchman.

SCR8.BMP

SCR7.BMP

SCR6.BMP

SCR5.BMP

SCR4.BMP

the new waterpark

SCR2.BMP

the Flying Dutchman

SCR1.BMP

the footbridge is complete

It's looking nice, and I really like your buildings and the realism of this park.

I have some suggestions though:

In general, it's lacking a little bit of detail. Just some gardens, and other small things can do so much to a park.

The waterpark is waaay too spread out. It's almost like Cedar Fair, way too much concrete. I like the layouts of you slides though, but would suggest you to make the landing pool for the twisty one slightly longer to avoid damage.

But overall, I really like this park, and this came out a bit harsher than I wanted it to.

EDIT: Whoopsie, stupid me didn't even realize this was a re-creation! I've never been to Kentucky Kingdom so I can't judge on that. Just ignore the criticism if it contradicts how the park is in real life.

1994. major changes have happen to the park. Sad news as a crash occurred on the starchaser. the ride has been shut down for inspection.

in other news the Ranger has been removed due to mechanical failures. on a lighter side the two major rides have opened. Rollerskate is a vekoma rollerskater, and Mile High Falls is a Hopkins splash boats.

enjoy.

SCR17.BMP

SCR15.BMP

the ranger old spot

SCR14.BMP

SCR13.BMP

SCR12.BMP

the new rides

• 5 weeks later...

Due to my recant hatred of Six Flags for removing Chang and basically killing Kentucky Kingdom, I will be Halting my recreation until further notice. I will however be doing a tribute recreation to Chang so look for that here in the future

...Six Flags for removing Chang and basically killing Kentucky Kingdom, I will be Halting my recreation until further notice. I will however be doing a tribute recreation to Chang so look for that here in the future

First I've heard of Chang leaving. Where is it going? Are they going to ride out the park like Cedar Fair did to Geauga Lake and close KK?

Park was looking great, hope you change your mind about finishing it.

^The new location of the ride is uncertain, while there's speculation of it making its way to SFGAM. The park is expanding their water park by adding a huge addition.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...